*NEW* My True Protein Custom PWO Formula

Urban said:
hey Madmick, what kinda flavor should I get from true protein with this? Any reccomendations?

Cant go wrong with BSL Chocolate, once you taste that youll never go back.

I personally just order a few Tubs of Ion Exchange Isolate Protein, BSL Chocolate and Sometimes Mix it with Orage to make Jaffa.

I buy my own dextrose from the Suppermarket which is dirt cheap.
A tub of Creatine and Glutamine from 1fast400 (sometimes BCAAS)

And your set.

I personally dont know the point in taking hydrolysed Casein for post workout. You need a rapid absorbing protein like WPI. And if your a hard gainer it would be far more benefical just to eat healthy bulking ratios.

I know one of the owners of True Protein Dante recommends WPI for post workout with dextrose (he's a 280+ pound monster that started life as an extremely hard gainer)

Isolates are acceptable. Hydrolysates are better.

Hydrolysates are partially digested proteins. They've even faster absorbing than isolates.

But any whey will do. It's the guys who get into the gym who gain.

I think Dante came in here once, BTW.

Madmick said:
Isolates are acceptable. Hydrolysates are better.

Hydrolysates are partially digested proteins. They've even faster absorbing than isolates.

But any whey will do. It's the guys who get into the gym who gain.

My bad your right Hydroslyates are fast absorbing but Casein products are generally Slow Absorbing,

I would personally stick to the isolate though, the taste is unbeatable and when your downing a shake before and after weight training, and before and after BJJ and Muay Thai it helps greatly when you like the taste.

This is good stuff.

One thing, do you mix it all and throw it in an old tub or do you measure and mix it everytime post workout? Measuring every time you throw a PWO shake is a bit of a pain, but if you just throw it all in the tub, it's hard to be accurate that what you scoop is your desired ratio with a perfect 5g creatine and etc per serving.

You could pre-measure for accuracy and hold your weekly store in single serving containers to safe a bit of time while being accurate.

are all dextrose products equal? Cause NOW dextrose costs less than half as much as dextrose through true protein. I was thinking about buying it from somebody separate and mixing it myself. 5 bucks is 5 bucks.

I guess my next question is are all Creatine Monohydrate, Branched Chain Amino Acids L-Glutamine or Glutamine Peptides, & Taurine created equal... respectively. Cause if I can find them cheaper I may just get the straight up hydrosylized protein and flavoring through T.P.

Fight_Song said:
This is good stuff.

One thing, do you mix it all and throw it in an old tub or do you measure and mix it everytime post workout? Measuring every time you throw a PWO shake is a bit of a pain, but if you just throw it all in the tub, it's hard to be accurate that what you scoop is your desired ratio with a perfect 5g creatine and etc per serving.

You could pre-measure for accuracy and hold your weekly store in single serving containers to safe a bit of time while being accurate.

When I mixed up mine, I did it all at once. Makes life easier.

I think as long as you have your ratios measured out you should be fine. I started out with 2lbs. of whey and 4lbs of dextrose. Mixed it little by little, luckily I had a big ass tub and would just pour little amounts of both and shake the shit out of it, pour a little more, shake a little more until it was all gone.

It does a great job.

Urban said:
are all dextrose products equal? Cause NOW dextrose costs less than half as much as dextrose through true protein. I was thinking about buying it from somebody separate and mixing it myself. 5 bucks is 5 bucks.

I guess my next question is are all Creatine Monohydrate, Branched Chain Amino Acids L-Glutamine or Glutamine Peptides, & Taurine created equal... respectively. Cause if I can find them cheaper I may just get the straight up hydrosylized protein and flavoring through T.P.

This is a good question and am very curious myself. Although I'm pretty sure that all creatine monohydrates are not created equal. I'll leave this alone though for mick to answer.

Gotbanned: yes, caseins are slow-digesting, except hydrolyzed casein. That's why I recommend it. You can trust me, I'm on top of it.

Urban, I don't think anything is equal. Bottom line: I don't know. That's something I want to know more about. The manufacturing process and comparative stability of products. But I assume you get what you pay for, except with stuff like dextrose. That shit's made from corn- it's all the same. NOW dextrose has worked for me.

As for BCAA's, I only recommend the slight addition because the 3 BCAA's happen to also be 3 of the 8 EAA's, and that's where it's at. Research indicates that Essential Amino Acids are the limiting factor in turning over a positive nitrogen balance (this is straight from the UT Medical Branch). So if you're willing to go the distance, I'd recommend you got an EAA powder separately.

I think you should be able to get equal or perhaps even superior versions of those additional supps elsewhere. I just did it all at TP because it's more convenient. Guys don't have to buy from separate stores (paying separate shipping charges on separate orders), and they don't have to fiddle with the powders trying to figure out proper ratios.

Also, Urban, if you didn't see it (I think it was in another thread), ALA > Taurine as an insulin potentiator. WAY BETTER. But Taurine is cheap as shit (like $0.03/day), so I use both.

So if you make a separate order, get R-ALA (200mg/day) or ALA (600-800mg/day).

Madmick said:
Gotbanned: yes, caseins are slow-digesting, except hydrolyzed casein. That's why I recommend it. You can trust me, I'm on top of it.

Urban, I don't think anything is equal. Bottom line: I don't know. That's something I want to know more about. The manufacturing process and comparative stability of products. But I assume you get what you pay for, except with stuff like dextrose. That shit's made from corn- it's all the same. NOW dextrose has worked for me.

As for BCAA's, I only recommend the slight addition because the 3 BCAA's happen to also be 3 of the 8 EAA's, and that's where it's at. Research indicates that Essential Amino Acids are the limiting factor in turning over a positive nitrogen balance (this is straight from the UT Medical Branch). So if you're willing to go the distance, I'd recommend you got an EAA powder separately.

I think you should be able to get equal or perhaps even superior versions of those additional supps elsewhere. I just did it all at TP because it's more convenient. Guys don't have to buy from separate stores (paying separate shipping charges on separate orders), and they don't have to fiddle with the powders trying to figure out proper ratios.

Also, Urban, if you didn't see it (I think it was in another thread), ALA > Taurine as an insulin potentiator. WAY BETTER. But Taurine is cheap as shit (like $0.03/day), so I use both.

So if you make a separate order, get R-ALA (200mg/day) or ALA (600-800mg/day).
thanks for your input MM, I'll be hunting around the net in the coming weeks (as my supps run out), I'll let everyone know if I find anything particularly cheap after all the separate shipping charges

Oh yeah, don't worry about the glutamine. That's not really that necessary. I just like to see over 4g in a cookie-cutter PWO serving.

This is good stuff.

Id rather just mix it when I take it, because id rather know that im getting 100% of all the things I need, instead of a definciey in protein because the tub wasnt mixed throughly enough.

Dextrose is the same anywhere really, its just sugar thats why I get it from the supermarket, id rather have a tub full of protein instead of 40% protein and 50% Sugar.
As for other supplements, All True protein products are made from high quality pharmaceutical products but I personally get my supplements from 1fast400.com cause I like to check the reviews or get more bang for my buck.

Id also not rely on supplements to make you bigger and stronger so much. I might be getting the wrong end of the stick madmick but it seems that you think that this Hydrolyzed shake is the be all end all fix for hard gainers.
If you aint eating, you aint growing its as simple as that.

why all the hype about dextrose?? isn't it just a sugar?? i just ordered a tub of NOW carbo gain(maltodextrin) and plan on adding a scoop to my PWO shake that is 40g whey and 47g of carbs... is that ok???

Marauder23B said:
why all the hype about dextrose?? isn't it just a sugar?? i just ordered a tub of NOW carbo gain(maltodextrin) and plan on adding a scoop to my PWO shake that is 40g whey and 47g of carbs... is that ok???
Dextros is a monosacharide (simple sugar) where as table sugar (sucrose) is a disacharide (glucose and fructose). Excuse any of my spelling, I'm all hopped up on 5 minute meals and broccoli. Anyways, Dextrose is quickly absorbed into the system making it ideal for post workout as it speeds the recovery and absorbtion of other foods consumed with it. However, the reason it's most often limited to post workout use is, like any high GI food, regular consumption causes insulin spikes and eventually insulin resistance. Post workout though, your body can really use the quickly absorbing carbohydrates.

How nasty is this shit? Right now, I am using my creatine powder which comes pre-mixed with dextrose and adding my protein powder. It isn't great tasting, but not unbearable by any means.

I did this with Isolate, because I don't want to gag myself and waste money. Here is what I have:

P
Proteins

Total
30% Whey Protein Isolate Microfiltration $ 7.99
$4.79

Carbohydrates

Total
15% Maltodextrin $ 2.25
$0.67
45% Dextrose $ 2.25
$2.02

Fats

Supplements

5% Creatine Monohydrate $ 9.00
$0.9
1% L-Glutamine $ 16.55
$0.33
2% Branch Chain Amino Acids (BCAA's) $ 19.99
$0.79
2% Taurine Powder $ 7.35
$0.29

Flavor

Premium BSL / PC.com Chocolate Flavor System $1.10 /lb.
$2.20

Sweetner

None (plain)
$0

Packaging

Plastic Jug container w/FREE Scoop $0.60/lb.
$1.20

$13.22/2 lbs.

Look Good?

pyr0 said:
How nasty is this shit? Right now, I am using my creatine powder which comes pre-mixed with dextrose and adding my protein powder. It isn't great tasting, but not unbearable by any means.

I did this with Isolate, because I don't want to gag myself and waste money. Here is what I have:

Look Good?

Ion Exchange is the best isolate you can get, fast absorbing, easily mixed and great tasting, If I was you id do without the carbohydrates and just get it from the supermarket, I just dont see the big deal in taking a scoop of whey and a scoop of dex whenever you need a PWO shake.

Another reason I dont add carbs to the tub, when I want a slow absorbing shake before bed I just add a tsp of olive oil. You dont wanna mix carbs and fats together or take carbs before bed so keeping them separted is vital for me.

Just my 2C

Thanks for the suggestion. I am getting low on protein, so I was thinking of making my own "standard" protein for ingesting throughout the day, using mostly isolate, then a mostly Casein + flax for before bed, and then get this stuff for PWO.

5 lbs standard
2 lbs before bed and PWO

This should last me quite a while.

pyr0 said:
Thanks for the suggestion. I am getting low on protein, so I was thinking of making my own "standard" protein for ingesting throughout the day, using mostly isolate, then a mostly Casein + flax for before bed, and then get this stuff for PWO.

5 lbs standard
2 lbs before bed and PWO

This should last me quite a while.

Yeah I usually get 2 5lb tubs sent to me in New Zealand.

Usually costs about $3-400 :eek:
Depending on the type of shipping I get.

Lasts a good few monthes

Back