New personal favorite idiot in the gym moment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you guys hate on people who curl on squat rack?

Some of you guys do rows and OHP with them.

its no different

There are 18 other places people could curl in my gym. That is what makes it different.

I was deadlifting at a gym today and in front of me were three unused smith machines and a squat rack. Sure enough while working out some old man decides to squat in the smith machine in front of me. He was your usual quarter squater adding 10kg plate after 10kg plate on the smith machine. Each added weight meant shortened ROM. At the end he was knee bending 140kgs on the smith. Nothing unusual so far.

However, somewhere along the line he decided to came over and strike a conversation with me. Which consisted of him asking me how much I weigh and where do I come from. 135kg and Canada. Not satisfied he patted my belly telling me I was too fat and needed to go a diet. At this point I contemplated beating his head in with the 10kg plate but decided against it. I just nodded and turned away... Sadly this is normal here.

I always thought it was teh intertubes because it's a series of tubes.

but the tubes make up a web like pattern. I believe both are acceptable terms.

Today, another guy telling his buddy that low reps gets you big, high reps gets you "super toned." Also, it's important to "eat at least twice a day." I can't tell if it was a joke, but he didn't explain that to his buddy if it was.

Why do you guys hate on people who curl on squat rack?

Some of you guys do rows and OHP with them.

its no different

I don't do anything but squat or rack pulls in a squat rack.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZehZRwqbO9U&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZehZRwqbO9U&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Doesn't it look like he edited this video to cut out the leg drive?

Some guy in the weight room today felt the need to sing along with the (mostly) crappy rock songs that are always playing on the crappy rock radio station that's always on in there.

Thanks, pal! I was just thinking "Saving Abel really needs to have two lame-ass vocalists, not just one."

but the tubes make up a web like pattern. I believe both are acceptable terms.

I find your web of tubes idea intriguing.

bacon said:
This thread is fucked.

Maybe it's time we started a "new idiot in the gym" thread. We could put a link to this thread in the first post I suppose, so as to not lose all the goodness from this thread.

I find your web of tubes idea intriguing.

Maybe it's time we started a "new idiot in the gym" thread. We could put a link to this thread in the first post I suppose, so as to not lose all the goodness from this thread.

DO IT!

Well I had my "friend" (girlfriends friends boyfriend) come over to workout with me the other day. He is your typical johnny bravo looking bb routine type. He is always talking to me about his last workout and how much he bench's and curls etc. He wants to know my numbers and I always explain that I don't curl and he always gets a confused look on his face. Finally I convinced him to try my workout. Well needless to say I had a great time. Will set up camera next time.

Now I have been on an oly heavy routine lately but decided to go with a more traditional push/pull/press for him. I decided that squats would be the most fun considering I don't think he has ever squated in his life. Now the guy is VERY muscular and outweighs me by a good 30lbs. So I show him proper form on the exercises (back ATG squat, overhead squat hehe, and front squats)

I weigh 195 and do not have the loftiest squat numbers but I still manage to get the job done. I did a warm up set of back squats with 205. He said it looked easy and wanted more weight. I was tempted to throw more on but decided my gf would be pissed if I broke her friends boy toy. Needless to say he got stuck on the first rep. Good times. He finally managed to get through 5 reps at 135. At least he did it though. He was not happy, kept saying "i'm better than this, I can bench 235!!". Next up was overhead squats. I told him he could skip these but he wasn't having it. So I once again warmed up with 115 and he looked very confident. I insisted that he start off with 65 to get the form down and because it is a difficult lift. Now I clean the bar up so he wanted to give that a shot.......well we never made it to even trying one overhead squat because he ate it falling backwards trying to clean 65 lbs. He left shortly after and hasn't talked to me since.

I highly recommend this to anyone who has similar "friends" .

Now I clean the bar up so he wanted to give that a shot.......well we never made it to even trying one overhead squat because he ate it falling backwards trying to clean 65 lbs. He left shortly after and hasn't talked to me since.

I highly recommend this to anyone who has similar "friends" .

Haha that is great! :icon_lol:

Shogun!! Awesome!!

^ thank you sir. I felt kinda bad. I could literally see his bulletproof confidence in his uber-manliness shattering before my eyes.

well at least he still gets to drive around in his 2000 grand am with plastic glued on hood scoop, peeling self-applied window tint, dvd with tv and a massive wing. The guy will be just fine lol.

No one with a massive wing on his 2000 grand am could ever be sad. You shoulda killed him.

That kind of guy, huh--he totally deserved it. Well done sir!

You should invite him out to train again some time, check on his progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back