Crime New York will send National Guard to subways after a string of violent crimes

tenor.gif

This stank queen plead NOT GUILTY in court yesterday. 🙀

So the outcome of soft DA’s is ultimately that you need a police state with actual soldiers to bring about some semblance of order?

<{outtahere}>

Now you see the bigger picture....

<seedat>

Intentionally create a problem, so that you can implement your desired "solution". That way people welcome it, instead of realizing it was the end goal all along.

Seems people will never learn.

Now you see the bigger picture....

<seedat>

Intentionally create a problem, so that you can implement your desired "solution". That way people welcome it, instead of realizing it was the end goal all along.

Seems people will never learn.
Create a problem so you can benefit from the solution.

Essentially getting paid to create chaos

I've ridden on the DC Metro many times and there were a few times things felt sketchy, but I'm sure it's nothing like the NYC Subway.

isn't the NG usually them people who get deployed during mass displays of civil arrest or homefront invasion?

Aren't these things usually reserved for those other guys, what's them called, police?

anyway ... bit out of proportion to protect a sandwich. maybe Jareds about.

I've ridden on the DC Metro many times and there were a few times things felt sketchy, but I'm sure it's nothing like the NYC Subway.
Not even in the same league.

NYC subways are piss filled cesspools.

Create a problem so you can benefit from the solution.

Essentially getting paid to create chaos

pypamid-with-all-seeing-eye-mystic-occult-esoteric-symbol-with-latin-wording-ordo-ab-chao-what-means-order-from-chaos-vector-illustration-2BW3WAM.jpg

/

The USA is turning into a gritty 80s dystopia film lol. This must be the World Leader and Land of the Free I've been hearing so much about. Oh please, can I have a green card! Let me innnn!!!! <NotListening>

All in good fun guys.

What happened to the Guardian Angels anyway?

z_OU-EnwVwvCYqPu_ZnpvuQit2P_UWq1y5rCn7KitqM-930x626.jpg

Edit: NYPD also have these robots:

230412-digidog-nypd-jm-0834-68f9c8.jpg

but they seem to be taking a background role for now - the last I heard the K5 cones are not being used after their trial was ended early and the Mechanical Hound was withdrawn due to public outrage, then brought back but I haven't heard anything about it for ages.

Last edited:
I was in NYC and on the subway yesterday-well, maybe not the subways around town, but the one from Long Island. Took my three kids all under the age of 14. Went on a boat ride to see the sights. The boat was filled with what I am guessing is people from the shelters probably free passage or paid for by a church group. No issues there. In fact, we ran into very few issues. The streets were clean. Only a few homeless and a few crazy people wondering around screaming. One guy of note was a black male that was screaming at Arabs to get out and fuck Palestine.

Not too many cops either. It was annoying having people blow pot smoke in our faces all day and the only real issue I observed was a Hispanic guy walk next to my mom and throw up some hand signals behind him. A woman then moved into position behind my mom, who had a large backpack on. I knew she had nothing of value in there, but I was pretty sure the woman was going to try and either pick her pocket or grab the bag and run, so I moved behind her and blocked them. The man looked at me and I stared back at him. This happened in one of the narrow walkways under construction near time square.

Overall, I was expecting much more craziness and the cleanliness of the streets really surprised me. I hadn’t been there in 20 years. Again, not on the subway proper, but I expected more to be honest. There was a big turd in one of the urinals in the subway

I don't know the specifics involved here but in theory I am all for it. Progressives support public transit but then don't have the stomach to enforce rules in a way that makes it a viable alternative to driving. It can't just be safe, it has to be orderly and pleasant. That means lunatic homeless people who are screaming left and right need to be thrown out even if they haven't physically touched anyone.

You see this with fare evasion too. Progressives support the idea of transit but will make excuses for those who jump turnstiles by saying "well make it free if people can't afford to pay", not realizing that fare evaders are just antisocial types who do it because they can get away with it. Not to mention there's been studies that show that making transit free doesn't increase ridership, improving qualify through higher frequencies and better connectivity does. More ridership will never happen if fare evasion is tolerated or if the experience of riding isn't safe and pleasant.

I mean, public transit isn't just something progressives support lmao. When did public transportation become a partisan issue 😂

I mean, public transit isn't just something progressives support lmao. When did public transportation become a partisan issue 😂
Unfortunately it is, the median right winger is generally against urbanist reforms like investment in public transit and other alternatives like bike lanes as well as zoning reform and whatnot. #notall of course but many.

Last edited:
I always find it funny as someone that is from LA county when Europeans say why don't we just have more public transportation. Probably because where I'm from it's full of crackheads, mental patients, and vagrants. Something I was barely comfortable riding when I was young and single, I'd never even consider it with my wife and daughter. And going to NYC I didn't find the experience to be much better. I think this is a smart play by the Governor, people shouldn't have to fear for their lives or possessions just because they take the metro.

That's not the reason we don't have more public transportation. The reason is because most of these cities were built before public transportation was a thing.

Most of these cities were built with horses being the main means of transportation. My City, for example, has super narrow streets everywhere for that very reason.

Then, once you get out of a major city, public transportation is hardly viable due to travel distance to anything that people need to get to.

Heading to NYC for a few days later this month with my teen daughter.

Will probably just avoid the subway.

Can’t tell you about the actual subway, but I was in the city yesterday and I was shocked at how clean it was. Someone was trying to pickpocket my mom, but I was watching for it all day and blocked them before they could try it. Only a few crazies yelling. Lots of shelter rats everywhere, though

That's not the reason we don't have more public transportation. The reason is because most of these cities were built before public transportation was a thing.

Most of these cities were built with horses being the main means of transportation. My City, for example, has super narrow streets everywhere for that very reason.

Then, once you get out of a major city, public transportation is hardly viable due to travel distance to anything that people need to get to.
That's not why either, we used to have the best public transit in the world.

It was torn out to make roads for cars which is partly why everything is spread so far apart. These are all things we can change with smart investments and reforms.

Concealed carry is heavily restricted in NYC anyway and they have a lower murder rate than other cities so I don't think they should change that. The problem isn't really murder or other extreme violent crimes as much as it is low level law breaking like open drug use, fare evasion, disorderly conduct and so on. For that I don't think concealed carry makes a significant difference unless you think we should start shooting people for those offenses.

- Shooting in such closed space can make a stamped of people trying to run, there would get more people hurt.

I think, dont know how noise is a train in NY sub-way thought!

Back