NFL Discussion v21: Hardy/Rice/Peterson Apologists Edition

The O-Line is far worse, lost Vollmer yesterday and had TE Mike Williams playing tackle yesterday.

I actually kinda like Brandon Bolden in that role, obviously not Lewis but he's more capable then White. I could see them bringing back Travaris Cadet, he never really got a fair crack due to injuries early on and by the time he got healthy Lewis he already pulled away.

Boldin isn't really all that good at anything. He caught a nice td pass yesterday, but he's been on the team for years and I can't really recall him making an impact running the ball. Just seems to get stood up at the line every time he touches the ball. With White I can lie to myself about upside a least.

No idea who Cadet is, but they'll almost certainly pick up another back with Lewis out, so anybody with some previous experience working within the system is an obvious favorite.

In teams that matter news

Canning has a foot injury, Shane Ray back to practicing, Teddy expected to start on Sunday.

Boldin isn't really all that good at anything. He caught a nice td pass yesterday, but he's been on the team for years and I can't really recall him making an impact running the ball. Just seems to get stood up at the line every time he touches the ball. With White I can lie to myself about upside a least.

No idea who Cadet is, but they'll almost certainly pick up another back with Lewis out, so anybody with some previous experience working within the system is an obvious favorite.

Bolden was actually pretty good in 12' & 13' but with Vereen, Ridley and Blount he hasn't gotten any reps the past 2 years. The last time he actually saw snaps he caught passes out of the backfield. He's no Lewis but he can be a check down guy out of the backfield on 3rd downs. Don't really need him to run that much with Blount.

And Cadet was the 3rd down back for the Saints lasts year, caught something like 40 passes. Going into the year Cadet, White and Lewis were competing to replace Vereen. Cadet got hurt early and Lewis pulled away. Then the Pats cut Cadet to bring in John Bostic.

Anyways I think there is a good chance he will be back.

If there is the possibility of the Cowboys making the playoffs, then that means the Skins have a chance as well.

They do, but the point wasn't the Cowboys making the playoffs. I said if they win the next two and the giants lose this week, they're one game out. That's not insane.

Of course, everyone here knows that, they just love the low hanging fruit. "Let's make the same Greg Hardy joke we made yesterday, and the day before, and the day before and the day before"

Then you have guys like Execute here, who I still have no clue who the hell this guy is, and he just loooooves to talk about me.

The Cowboys suck, they lost 6 straight. Nobodies claiming playoffs to be an easily attainable goal, period. You know, though...it wouldn't be the Sports Bar if people weren't ignoring your point to make themselves sound cooler and funny.

Thats not true at all. Plenty of us go out of our way to wish pain and suffering on Beatyourson weekly. Hes just not in the spotlight as much as Hardy right now.

There were several fans of him on this board that wrote him off for that shit.

I know. I'm just a bitter fan at the moment.

Puo and Markle should fight.

Nah, PUO's a good guy. 90% of the people here are, we don't bump heads on a damn thing but the Cowboys. It's sports though, that's what it's there for. There isn't a person posting in here that I haven't seen get at every single other person here.

Well, except this Execute cat...still no clue who he is.

Hearing theories that the reason behind all the ACL tears is the decrease in practice time due to the new CBA. Less conditioning... thoughts?

Nah, PUO's a good guy. 90% of the people here are, we don't bump heads on a damn thing but the Cowboys. It's sports though, that's what it's there for. There isn't a person posting in here that I haven't seen get at every single other person here.

Well, except this Execute cat...still no clue who he is.

Not too familiar with him, just know he dresses in drag on the weekends and has a heroin problem.

Hearing theories that the reason behind all the ACL tears is the decrease in practice time due to the new CBA. Less conditioning... thoughts?

It's possible. With how fast these guys go and cut, it's apt to happen. The S&C coach at my college said athletes are becoming more quad dominant. It's a scary trend.

I think it comes from a better understanding in sports medicine of the average joe, and the fact that football is so huge now that everybody knows the exact reason people are out.

Back in the 80's it was "He blew out his knee" and that was about it. Now we KNOW what section of what ligament in what knee went out and it spreads like wildfire. Now we know to associate "Torn ACL" with "out for the season" so we want to know.

Not too mention, Cowboys could beat TB and Mia. NYG could lose to NE and then their bye. Dallas would be 1 game out, then it's a shootout. Cowboys split with NYG and PHI, that's why. There literally is still a chance, even at 2-6. I'm not saying they're correct, but people don't trust anyone in this division.

The Playoffs Are definately a possibility. It is just about about every year and that's going 8-8 most of the time.

Talib got suspended for a game.

Way to go you stupid fuck. Now your dumbass gets to miss a divisional game.

The Playoffs Are definately a possibility. It is just about about every year and that's going 8-8 most of the time.

I don't expect Romo to come in and run the table, Cowboys are going to need a ton of help. You better hush up though, we are 2-6....those tough ass 4-4 teams don't want to hear about our lowly slim paths to the post-season

Lol the niners have a better record than the cowboys.

Talking about the Cowboys going to the playoffs at this point is fucking stupid. Not sure whats difficult about that. Theyre 2-6. Same as the worst teams in the league. Maybe let them win some games before talking about the post season.

You can't be this dense. You act like it's the normal cowboy's squad out there losing games and it's not. The center piece of this offense is gone. Exactly what do you think their record would be had we not lost Romo and Dez (not to mention losing Orlando before the season even started)? Because at worst they're 6-2 and possibly 7-1 if their healthy.

I know. I'm just a bitter fan at the moment.

giphy.gif

Lol the niners have a better record than the cowboys.

Cowboys don't have an Arizona in their division. Hell, they don't have a Seattle in their Division, and the Giant's have a better record than Seattle...not many people would pick NY over SEA though.

You can't trust a single team in the NFC East, based on what we've seen. That's were the "optimism" comes from.

Nah. Folks are bigger, faster, stronger. More injuries.

More and more smoke about Payton leaving the Saints.

Talib got suspended for a game.

Way to go you stupid fuck. Now your dumbass gets to miss a divisional game.

From NFL.com story;

Kubiak said that Talib was "wrong" to get involved in the situation, but the coach was "convinced" Talib did not intentionally poke Allen in the eye. The NFL apparently believes otherwise.

Is Kubiak an idiot or clueless?

Why? Oakland can stop the run and that's about it.

I'd be more worried about Carr tbh.

Minnesota is 12th ranked in sacks and tied for 21st in INTs.

Carr has been sacked 8 times. One of the fewest in the league. Carr has only thrown 4 INTs. Amongst the lowest in the league.

I'm not worried.

From NFL.com story;

Kubiak said that Talib was "wrong" to get involved in the situation, but the coach was "convinced" Talib did not intentionally poke Allen in the eye. The NFL apparently believes otherwise.

Is Kubiak an idiot or clueless?

Sounds like something a coach would say.

You can't be this dense. You act like it's the normal cowboy's squad out there losing games and it's not. The center piece of this offense is gone. Exactly what do you think their record would be had we not lost Romo and Dez (not to mention losing Orlando before the season even started)? Because at worst they're 6-2 and possibly 7-1 if their healthy.

The debate is about whether or not those cans can make it to the playoffs, not where they would be without injuries. I don't think anyone disputes the Cowboys being a better team when Romo/Bryant are there.

Jordan Hicks torn pec. IR looming.

I also don't trust the Cowboys to rattle off wins as soon as Romo comes back.

The debate is about whether or not those cans can make it to the playoffs, not where they would be without injuries. I don't think anyone disputes the Cowboys being a better team when Romo/Bryant are there.

And, believe it or not, I agree with you here...but based on the fact that in the next two weeks would could easily be one game out from the division lead and we'd have Romo back...it's not "fucking stupid" to talk about the slim chance of a post season for the Cowboys.

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 47m47 minutes ago
Rex Ryan will make Enemkpali a captain vs. Jets Thursday

lol

Minnesota is 12th ranked in sacks and tied for 21st in INTs.

Carr has been sacked 8 times. One of the fewest in the league. Carr has only thrown 4 INTs. Amongst the lowest in the league.

I'm not worried.

Let me know how that works out when you're 4-5.

And, believe it or not, I agree with you here...but based on the fact that in the next two weeks would could easily be one game out from the division lead and we'd have Romo back...it's not "fucking stupid" to talk about the slim chance of a post season for the Cowboys.

Certainly a possibility. I'll almost always take the late season Giants over Cowboys though.

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 47m47 minutes ago
Rex Ryan will make Enemkpali a captain vs. Jets Thursday

lol

he has done this sort of thing all season...he needs to get the D-line working though...

I also don't trust the Cowboys to rattle off wins as soon as Romo comes back.

I don't either...there's still a LONG road to the post season, even if we get within one game. We still have Carolina in Dallas, and have to go to GB and to BUF.

Back