NFL Discussion v54: Carson Palmer retirement Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure, he's the best thrower, but I don't compare him to Brady in terms of how good a player he is. Brady's mentality and competitiveness counts for sooo much for the whole Patriots organization. I don't feel like Rodgers is on his level when it comes to intangibles.
Go watch the last minute of the game yesterday.

Godgers is as game as they come.

GayRod is the man. Wonder how his career would have turned out if he would have been rushed to play like all the other first round picks usually do.

The last minute of the game in Detroit
The last 2 minutes of the game in Dallas LAST year where he held the ball when sacked with one hand
The end of the half last year against the Giants with the Hail Mary

GayRod is the man. Wonder how his career would have turned out if he would have been rushed to play like all the other first round picks usually do.

He'd still be a solid franchise QB, but having to sit behind Favre for three years and his teasing no doubt gave him a boulder on his shoulder.

That takes nothing away from Brady btw. All things considered, Brady is easily the GOAT.

Hes just not as talented/gifted as Godgers.

He'd still be a solid franchise QB, but having to sit behind Favre for three years and his teasing no doubt gave him a boulder on his shoulder.
I like Favre but hearing how salty he was when the Packers wouldn't give him his job back and how "I just wanted to play for a team that played the Packers and the Vikings did twice" pisses me off.

The last 2 minutes of the game in Dallas LAST year where he held the ball when sacked with one hand

aaron-rodgers-touchdown-pass-against-chicago-b.gif

<GinJuice>

I like Favre but hearing how salty he was when the Packers wouldn't give him his job back and how "I just wanted to play for a team that played the Packers and the Vikings did twice" pisses me off.

Likewise. Did you read Gunslinger? Such a good fucking read.

I saw it, I agree. He's great, I just feel like Brady is a better leader and a better teammate. We've heard lots of drama about Aaron Rodgers over the years from his teammates and stuff, but never one thing ever about Brady.

That takes nothing away from Brady btw. All things considered, Brady is easily the GOAT.

Hes just not as talented/gifted as Godgers.

Agreed.

Unblocked. Full speed. Full strength, Blindside. Just....just....how?

OBP-01_rodgers_sack.gif

I don't have any way to measure this, but I feel like this NFL season is better than last season. Last year people were complaining about how many bad games there were and stuff, but I don't feel like that's the case this year. Lots of interesting stories, new players playing well, more teams playing better than before, other teams dropping off etc.

I like this season so far. It's been interesting.

Unblocked. Full speed. Full strength, Blindside. Just....just....how?

OBP-01_rodgers_sack.gif
He's God.

And agreed @JackWhite ... fuck Greg Jennings. Rajaas gets him to look like a boss and Jennings proceeds to leave and just talk shit.

We've heard lots of drama about Aaron Rodgers over the years from his teammates and stuff
Greg Jennings and..... who else? Jennings always just sounded salty as fuck.

Of course they pay him. That's ridiculous.

The Giants seemed to have their best chance to win this season. They might be facing a down time as they reload. They exercised their 5th year option on OBJ for 2018 and he'll certainly want more in 2019. How long will Eli Manning play? It would be nice to have a healthy OBJ for a new quarterback but do they pay him for 2018 when he might not be ready to play. They should have some clue of his recovery by the start of the 2018 season. If he won't be full speed in 2018, is it worth trying to keep him?

They can cut or trade him prior to the season owing nothing. Would another team be willing to give up draft choices for him? OBJ has said he expects to be the highest paid player in the NFL. Not highest paid receiver, highest paid player. Who is going to pay him that?
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...be-the-highest-paid-player-in-the-entire-nfl/

I don't have any way to measure this, but I feel like this NFL season is better than last season. Last year people were complaining about how many bad games there were and stuff, but I don't feel like that's the case this year. Lots of interesting stories, new players playing well, more teams playing better than before, other teams dropping off etc.

I like this season so far. It's been interesting.
Everything feels up in the air every week and seems like there is a lot of new blood at the top of the power rankings. 5 games in and we really don’t even have a clear idea of what the playoff picture is gonna be. How awesome is that

He's God.

And agreed @JackWhite ... fuck Greg Jennings. Rajaas gets him to look like a boss and Jennings proceeds to leave and just talk shit.

Greg Jennings and..... who else? Jennings always just sounded salty as fuck.

The other would be JMike, but he was a headcase anyways.

Charles Woodson and for that matter, James Jones opinion matters more to me.

Watching players throw temper tantrums is always good for a lol.

The other would be JMike, but he was a headcase anyways.

Charles Woodson and for that matter, James Jones opinion matters more to me.
Finley did? Weird... wonder if his injury caused his opinon on it or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back