NFL suspends Tom Brady 4 games, fines Patriots $1M, strips team of '16 1st-round pick

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Brady files an injunction then he can drag it out in court for a long time no? Years even. He could play all of next season.

Exactly. He's about to go Stone Cold on Goodell's worthless ass.

Why are people buying into this phone thing as being some deal breaker when the information source is Goodell's people itself? As if they are now the paragon of virtue?

If they had the phones of everyone else supposedly involved in the supposed act(s) then why would that be a deal breaker in the first place? Would not their phones have these supposed incriminating texts? Brady probably had some personal non-football related info on the phone that he didn't want people going through, things that may have hurt other people had they been leaked. May have even said some things about his ex Moynahan that could make his relationship with her and so his child problematic had they been leaked (and the NFL hasn't exactly been leak free). Just other possibilities other than some incriminating info. If they have no evidence, why would the phone be some deal breaker? It's a problem, sure, but they let Ray Lewis play with just a large fine after obstructing justice in an actual homicide case.

If Brady files an injunction then he can drag it out in court for a long time no? Years even. He could play all of next season.

Yes, and that is what is going to happen.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but why is this cellphone destruction being reported NOW!? Seems as if it's a normative PR spin leak by the NFL that they withheld to align with the appeal denial announcement.

Do not question the integrity of the NFL. They would never purposely leak info to sway opinion.

Pats are much better example of integrity...

Brady would've been better off beating the shit of his wife I guess.

Difference being that the "justice system" handles those matters. They do not handle cheating in a game.

Such a stupid fucking comparison.

the punishment is for not co-operating

Difference being that the "justice system" handles those matters. They do not handle cheating in a game.

Yeah you as a Raiders fan have no reason to hate Brady and the Pats. No reason whatsoever. :redface:

Oh god. Wipe your tears away.

swamp rats aren't the brightest people.

Why are people buying into this phone thing as being some deal breaker when the information source is Goodell's people itself? As if they are now the paragon of virtue?

If they had the phones of everyone else supposedly involved in the supposed act(s) then why would that be a deal breaker in the first place? Would not their phones have these supposed incriminating texts? Brady probably had some personal non-football related info on the phone that he didn't want people going through, things that may have hurt other people had they been leaked. May have even said some things about his ex Moynahan that could make his relationship with her and so his child problematic had they been leaked (and the NFL hasn't exactly been leak free). Just other possibilities other than some incriminating info. If they have no evidence, why would the phone be some deal breaker? It's a problem, sure, but they let Ray Lewis play with just a large fine after obstructing justice in an actual homicide case.

That was my first reaction to hearing they wanted his phone to begin with. You have the texts that he sent to the equipment guys so why would you need his phone? Ted wells said that they would only need any texts that pertained to deflating footballs, I think. With all the "leaks" the nfl has I would say fuck that, if I have anything I don't want people knowing about my personal life. But ya goodell is now the guy of truth and justice, even though people were just destroying him on the ray rice and greg hardy situations.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but why is this cellphone destruction being reported NOW!? Seems as if it's a normative PR spin leak by the NFL that they withheld to align with the appeal denial announcement.

Ya that shit escalated quick. The only thing I can think of is he didn't tell them until the appeal but that would've leaked you have to assume.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derik
Back