"Ngannou arguably beat Fury "

jeff7b9

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
I keep reading this, hearing this...

Anyone else not see that at all?

I had Francis winning maybe 3 rounds and Fury winning pretty comfortably.

Even if you give Francis a weighed grading for whatever supposed power he still seemed way too short on volume.
And Fury was largely in control, dictating range, pace etc.

Am I crazy or is half the world grading this dude on a curve because it makes for an interesting storyline?

Fury won it pretty clean. Take away the KD and it was a pretty dull affair with Ngannou getting outboxed.
Fury looked like shit and casuals expected him to be some sort of destroyer who would go in and blast Ngannou out, though he's literally never been that guy.

I keep reading this, hearing this...

Anyone else not see that at all?

I had Francis winning maybe 3 rounds and Fury winning pretty comfortably.

Even if you give Francis a weighed grading for whatever supposed power he still seemed way too short on volume.
And Fury was largely in control, dictating range, pace etc.

Am I crazy or is half the world grading this dude on a curve because it makes for an interesting storyline?

Most people can’t get over their own biases when they score a fight. I would’ve loved ngannou to win, but on watching the fight he just didn’t win enough rounds. It was close but not particularly controversial, outside of some mma fans/fury haters purely wanting ngannou to win

Lol, bunch of haters here.

Fury landed 71 punches to Ngannou’s 59 while Ngannou landed 37 power punches to Fury’s 31 and he also had the Knock down and he was pressing the action and did more damage.

Fury didn’t outbox shit

Last edited:
Fury kinda clearly won it, but still looked like shit. Ngannou did way better than expected, so the casuals give him the underdog bias.

Without the kd would have been far less controversy, I’m sure.

in general that was the worst we've ever seen Fury box. His movement was layman and plodding.

That said Fury had zero answers to Ngannous uppercuts and did jack shit except throw the same 1-2 straight into his guard. I can't recall, has Fury shied away from throwing hooks because he didn't seem to have one. It just emphases how uncompetetive this division is. Fury looked like he hasn't had to adapt to anything in his life.

Lol, bunch of haters here.

Fury landed 71 punches to Ngannou’s 59 while Ngannou landed 37 punches to Fury’s 31 and he also had the Knock down and he was pressing the action and did more damage.

Fury didn’t outbox shit
Yeah defending it is embarrassing, boxing took one on the chin that night, regardless of who you scored it for.

Yeah defending it is embarrassing, boxing took one on the chin that night, regardless of who you scored it for.

Fury took the hit, both literally and figuratively speaking, not boxing. Just like MMA shouldn't take a hit when it's guys lose. Tyson coming in out of shape and taking that guy lightly was all time stupid.

Fury took the hit, both literally and figuratively speaking, not boxing. Just like MMA shouldn't take a hit when it's guys lose. Tyson coming in out of shape and taking that guy lightly was all time stupid.
the last bit is speculative and denied by tyson

I'm not an educated boxing fan, but I thought that it was fairly even in the first half and Fury just about outpointed Ngannou in the later rounds, even though Ngannou had the highlight reel moments. Close fight, but Fury did just enough to claw back in the end.

The round system seems odd in boxing if you've watched little but MMA.

Fury looked like shit and casuals expected him to be some sort of destroyer who would go in and blast Ngannou out, though he's literally never been that guy.

More like expected Francis to look like he'd just been severely outboxed with some damage on his face 1709491704117.png

Hopefully they have a rematch and Fury will come in prepared properly and box circles around him next time. (Like he should have.) Still think likely Fury beats Usyk too.

The round system seems odd in boxing if you've watched little but MMA.

Apart from being more rounds in MMA how is it much different?

Suppose you could say the 10-8 round is more clear in boxing (due to the KD) but seems 10-8s and 10-10s should be more frequent in both, imo.

Apart from being more rounds in MMA how is it much different?

Suppose you could say the 10-8 round is more clear in boxing (due to the KD) but seems 10-8s and 10-10s should be more frequent in both, imo.

It just seems more accumulative, as there are more rounds.

A big knock down would mean more in a three round fight. Losing a round seems to mean a lot more in MMA.

It just seems more accumulative, as there are more rounds.

A big knock down would mean more in a three round fight. Losing a round seems to mean a lot more in MMA.

Yeah, sure. Can’t really “take a round off” in a 3/5 round fight.

I’d actually argue it works better the more rounds there are though, tbh.

Though people complain about any non obvious decision result in all forms, so dick knows.

Back