Ngannou fans: are you really satisfied with what's happening?

I used to be a big fan but after he avoided the trilogy with Stipe I went off him. Personally no interest in drama so glad he’s gone.

On the face of things I'm very happy for him - But as a fan I am disappointed and a little concerned for him tbh.

I'm actually sceptical about weather not we'll even see a fight at this point. The deal looks a lot more like a retainer to me. No fights of any kind scheduled. Just prep for something not yet even in the works

I'm not rooting against it. But does the PFL feel like they are likely to do a better job than almost every other sport that has tried to "tap in" to the African market?

Nearly all of the elite level African footballers have been trying to do this for years without success. They set up these excellence academies that source the talent and bring the talent through. Only to see them travel abroad anyway. The current model of the African athlete to attain international success has always been to move to Europe or America. Even if it is after being a professional play in Africa first. It's not that it's better to play for a European team because they are better, they just operate ay a more well organised level. The untapped talent just waiting to take over any particular sport is almost a cliché.

The quality of African Footballers suggests they should have been World Cup winners by now. This was suggested 30 years ago.

I don't know what it is .. weather it is corruption or simply the logistics of instilling the programmes that see people go from being good at a sport to a professional athlete.

NFL have tried it.
Nearly all European football leagues have.
Various boxing interests.
even Cricket has fallen somewhat short.

Not shitting on Frank. I just find it hard to believe that the PFL are going to be the ones that break ground first.

As for "equity partner", Boxing planned and MMA fight in 2024 . . .? That doesn't sound great if I'm honest.

I hope I'm proven wrong. I hope we get a boxing event in Q4 of this year and an MMA fight booked for 24. What I think I'm gonna see is a fall out with something like, "They said they would do this but didn't"

Ngannou will fight in 2024, pushing 40 and coming off a knee surgery. He will fight - maybe 46 year old Fabricio Werdum, maybe 50 yo Fedor, maybe a couple of cans that nobody's ever heard of - a couple of quick 1st round KO's, and call it a career.

Is this how you want it to go? Instead of fighting Jon Jones, instead of chasing greatness, his career in top level MMA is now effectively over. We were robbed of seeing him face off against Jones, Pavlovich, Almeida, Aspinall. I'm a huge fan of what Ngannou can do in the octagon so I'm very dissapointed that he will no longer compete against the best fighters in the world.

Ahh yes..

The old only the UFC has the best fighters argument...

Dana taught you well ..

Yet weve seen several UFC fighters go fight in these other promotions and have mixed results even though they were the worlds best when they were in the UFC the fight before...howcome?

Just saying..

Im a fight fan not a UFC fan so anytime anywhere Ngannou is fighting im likely watching..u do you though

Dana messed up the Jones vs Ngannou fight anyways...

Fanboys doesn't care about their own enjoyment, what they care is how much money complete stranger earning
And Ngannou earning millions making them wet af

the UFC has Jones, old man Stipe, and then a large bunch of un-tested nobodies. hardly the best ever in the world at HW. Ngannou did what was best for him and he shook up the whole game, the UFC, by doing it. good for him. UFC has never had a monopoly on all of the best fighters, that is unrealistic and has never been the case. there are always outliers and B+ people who shake things up when they get into the UFC like Chandler. don't believe the illusion. Ngannou will have some competition in PFL.
nganous best wins where out of prime semi retired fighters like cain jds and also stipe who also beat him

Ahh yes..

The old only the UFC has the best fighters argument...

Dana taught you well ..

Yet weve seen several UFC fighters go fight in these other promotions and have mixed results even though they were the worlds best when they were in the UFC the fight before...howcome?

Just saying..

Im a fight fan not a UFC fan so anytime anywhere Ngannou is fighting im likely watching..u do you though

Dana messed up the Jones vs Ngannou fight anyways...
Untitled.png

Jones had YEARS to sign a fight with Francis. He didn't. That's the story. The UFC had the chance to negotiate with their HW champion and they chose to try to fuck him over, and he called their bluff.
bro nganou left.eventualy these two would fight but he left
dude struggled with gane
was scared to death to lewis

Ngannou will fight in 2024, pushing 40 and coming off a knee surgery. He will fight - maybe 46 year old Fabricio Werdum, maybe 50 yo Fedor, maybe a couple of cans that nobody's ever heard of - a couple of quick 1st round KO's, and call it a career.

Is this how you want it to go? Instead of fighting Jon Jones, instead of chasing greatness, his career in top level MMA is now effectively over. We were robbed of seeing him face off against Jones, Pavlovich, Almeida, Aspinall. I'm a huge fan of what Ngannou can do in the octagon so I'm very dissapointed that he will no longer compete against the best fighters in the world.

Here ya go

https://www.change.org/start-a-petition?started_flow=true

Denis is 30-7

From russia , easily the most experienced guy Ngannou has faced ...this is HW anything can happen..

Not to mention the trickle effect...Ngannou is in PFL and promising 2 mil.for his opponent thats gunna draw some people out to come over to PFL...

Hell maybe Bader does is PFL buys Bellator or he defects..

This shift creates alot of movement in the MMA world

Wouldn’t say I’m a fan, but I’m glad everything worked out for him.

very much. Francis is breaking ground and standing up to the system. his peers and history will be grateful for his work

The Big Frank Africa Era is going to be Amazing and culturally rich in diversity
I wish him all the best

I’m a
9 out of 10 "Ngannou fans" are really just UFC/Dana haters. It's never about Ngannou, it's about cheering for anyone who could potentially knock UFC down a notch and make Dana look stupid. If the most backwards Arab dictators decide to dump billions into a league to compete against the UFC with blood money from modern slave labor, they'll cheer for it just like they cheered for Francis.

I’m a Francis fan. So much so that I was pissed at how he lost to Lewis, and it took him forever to get a rematch with stipe. Because of the 3 year hold up that was Stipe/Cormier. I always thought if Francis didn’t gas himself out by throwing caution to the wind he could’ve beat stipe. Literally watch his fights with anybody before that, he never fought as recklessly as against stipe.

but I digress, I’m happy for the individual. It sucks that we don’t get the big ufc fights, but it’s awesome that he made the deal with PFL. Not just for his sake, but for all of mma. Agents will utilize this to negotiate better deals in the future. That’s how it works. Obviously future stars won’t get the intangibles that Francis got, but the money will have to be on par now. Francis wasn’t selling huge ppv’s and ufc offered him 8 mil. There gonna be forced to start matching that for guys that sell around his numbers now. And if they don’t PFL will start getting more fighters.

I hate their “ season” but literally it’s better for mma to have more than one big player. Because with only the UFC’s you don’t get enough fight competition, and it’s starting to take way to long for young guys to get title shots. Stipe held up the division for years. Who’s to say there’s not new talent out there.

It doesn't matter. Jones had like three years to get off his butt and fight him, and he never did. If Francis gets a ton of money great-- maybe Dana will learn

No! He's not even debuting til 2024. So fucking lame. Get in there NOW.

There's no one for him to fight right now.

Are any UFC HWs contracts expiring? With the 2million dollar advertisement they might be trying to get someone to jump ship for 1 fight like Tim Sylvia vs Fedor.

Back