Media Ngannou training with psuedo intellectual martial artist MJW

didnt jean claude van dam kick some alpha male fighter?

i dont know why ppl hate on these movie actors. their role is to play in movies and look good.
i hate when they jam fighters in movie roles, the acting and movies always look so stiff/

I would like MJW if he didn't speak as if he was the best fighter to ever exist, he has talked about sparring Jon Jones in his prime and made it sound like he toyed with him, and Jon was a rookie compared to him lol.

The dude is a more legit version of Steven Seagal

i dont know why ppl hate on these movie actors. their role is to play in movies and look good.
i hate when they jam fighters in movie roles, the acting and movies always look so stiff/
Because a lot of them have ginormous egos and come off like egotistical, douches

Well, if they didn’t ‘act’ like they could show pro fighters, people that fight for a living, how to fight there’d be no problem. They’re actors. They don’t fight. They can’t fight. It’s just not what they do. When they pretend and talk as if they can though, it’s just ridiculous. If they’d stick to their lane no one would have anything bad to say about them. But when they talk about being able to beat up some of the best MMA fighters ever…laughable.

Well, if they didn’t ‘act’ like they could show pro fighters, people that fight for a living, how to fight there’d be no problem. They’re actors. They don’t fight. They can’t fight. It’s just not what they do. When they pretend and talk as if they can though, it’s just ridiculous. If they’d stick to their lane no one would have anything bad to say about them. But when they talk about being able to beat up some of the best MMA fighters ever…laughable.
That isn't true for all actors. A lot have legit martial arts backgrounds. That's why they are able to do the things they do. Some even competed before focusing on movies. A lot of the older martial arts action stars have competition experience or real fight experience. The recent ones now don't, plus there isn't a lot of action martial arts stars now. They have a lot of actors/actresses that just do fight choreo, but are neither real martial artists or fighters. That's why a lot of the new action movies and fight scenes are horrible compared to before.

The pay is better in film for the most part than fighting. So you can see why a lot of them focus on movies. Plus who doesn't want to be in martial arts films? I'm sure everyone would if they could. A lot of people just aren't comfortable in front of a camera or be able to act without it looking stiff and awkward. Acting is also a skill set. Some can fight but may not do well doing fight scenes.

Spawn is a legit martial artist but he isn't a fighter. He has a good array of kicks though.

Doesn't make you a fighter
One of my amateurs fights 5 years ago was against a stunt double/actor (so I guess they can be fighters too) I remember seeing videos of him a few weeks before the fight of him doing a bunch of ninja kicks on a heavy bag and thinking well fuck if one of those lands on me, I'm going nighty night, turns out he didn't like pressure so we got the UD.

That isn't true for all actors. A lot have legit martial arts backgrounds. That's why they are able to do the things they do. Some even competed before focusing on movies. A lot of the older martial arts action stars have competition experience or real fight experience. The recent ones now don't, plus there isn't a lot of action martial arts stars now. They have a lot of actors/actresses that just do fight choreo, but are neither real martial artists or fighters. That's why a lot of the new action movies and fight scenes are horrible compared to before.

The pay is better in film for the most part than fighting. So you can see why a lot of them focus on movies. Plus who doesn't want to be in martial arts films? I'm sure everyone would if they could. A lot of people just aren't comfortable in front of a camera or be able to act without it looking stiff and awkward. Acting is also a skill set. Some can fight but may not do well doing fight scenes.

What is this fucking rambling? You even got fighter pay talk in there somehow lol.

This is not difficult: if you have not gotten in there, publicly, and fought, dont act like you could teach and son professional killers to appease to your weird Hollywood ego.

The end. Is this really that hard to understand?

What is this fucking rambling? You even got fighter pay talk in there somehow lol.

This is not difficult: if you have not gotten in there, publicly, and fought, dont act like you could teach and son professional killers to appease to your weird Hollywood ego.

The end. Is this really that hard to understand?
The point was not all actors are like that. Learn to read, you are on a forum - read and comprehend.

You do know a lot of coaches/trainers never fought? So what do you say about those trainers/coaches? Technically it's not any different than the actor who is also a martial artist. Lots of fighters get their training from all kinds of people from martial artists to personal trainers and a majority of them don't compete or have ever competed.

Also don't be too quick to think that there aren't people out there who aren't fighting professionally that can't beat pro fighters. You'll be surprised of how untrue that is. People should learn from the Jake Paul situation and what he was able to do with some training coming from an acting background. The other martial arts actors from the past had legit martial arts backgrounds and competition history. That's why the martial movies were better before.

I heard he dropped Cody with a head kick.

He is a real martial artist, but he is also full of himself and talks out of his ass a lot of the time.

Some interesting reactions to him.

The point was not all actors are like that. Learn to read, you are on a forum - read and comprehend.

You do know a lot of coaches/trainers never fought? So what do you say about those trainers/coaches? Technically it's not any different than the actor who is also a martial artist. Lots of fighters get their training from all kinds of people from martial artists to personal trainers and a majority of them don't compete or have ever competed.

Also don't be too quick to think that there aren't people out there who aren't fighting professionally that can't beat pro fighters. You'll be surprised of how untrue that is. People should learn from the Jake Paul situation and what he was able to do with some training coming from an acting background. The other martial arts actors from the past had legit martial arts backgrounds and competition history. That's why the martial movies were better before.

There is no actor that has ever lived that is qualified to talk like they can teach Jon Jones shit, especially not MJW. Pull your head out of your ass.

He was all over this board saying 50 years old fake martial artist MJW would beat Mike Perry in a fight. It was gold.
Much like with COVID, if you're in the right age range, you can get knocked the fuck out by Mike Perry.

Last edited:
I would be such a big fan of MJW... If he wasn't going through some middle-age crisis claiming he sparred and got the best of these professional fighters.

I don't doubt MJW could defend himself in a street fight. But I feel he takes these social media opportunities to stay relevant.

And if they spar, I see him as the guy who will ALWAYS take it as if he owned the MMA fighter. Takes a social media pic then a year later on Vlad Youtube channel insinuates he got the best.

Edit: Also his stunt double said that he was an egomaniac and caused alot of problems with directors.

There is no actor that has ever lived that is qualified to talk like they can teach Jon Jones shit, especially not MJW. Pull your head out of your ass.
You do know Jones learns from a lot of people right? Not all of them fight/compete or do martial arts. Some do his physical conditioning. Plus I think Greg Jackson never competed so that would go against what you tried to say about people not teaching that haven't competed in mma. Like I said before lots of coaches/trainers have never competed. What's more important is being able to do what you are trying to teach. That doesn't mean having to compete. Practice what you preach is what's important. If you are trying to teach something you can't do yourself or do in a live situation, then yes that is pointless. For example, you can't try and teach someone footwork and movement if you can't do footwork or movement yourself. It isn't hard to understand, the people that can actually do what they are trying to teach will have the best understanding of it compared to the ones that can't.

Like I said before the actors from the past have actual martial arts history and competition history, it isn't the same anymore so no most current action stars won't have very good input. Most action stars from the past was before mma or when mma is just starting, so yes their information would need to be upgraded.

Like Firas never competed or fought but many consider him one of the best coaches/trainers. That's just an example that people don't have to compete to teach fighters that do. Of course someone with the analytic mind that also has fight/combat/competition experience is what's best, because they will also understand parts of the game that those type of trainers/coaches have never experienced.

For the record, I wasn't familiar with MJW outside his movies, but I've never been a fan.
He's too "Badass" in his films, and you never feel any suspense or stakes. He just rips through anyone in his way.
Even in the Undisputed movie, he was ripping Boyka apart and lost the first fight because somebody drugged his drink. What am I suppose to expect when he goes on a training montage to rematch the guy he was already beating?
That probably explains why every story has an underdog protagonist. MJW is like Saitama from One Punch Man; too strong for everybody.

Saying JCVD can't fight when he has an actual kickboxing record is laughable as well.

I heard he dropped Cody with a head kick.
He accidentally poked him in the mouth (nothing hard), Cody threw a tantrum and JCVD ended up crying.
Pretty hilarious.

Last edited:
Back