Ngannou would've KO'd Prime Tyson

Dude. WTF?

Mike Tyson took some heavy shots in his career. Boxing guys punch harder albeit bigger gloves. Tysons chin was actually really good until the very end of his career

NVM I'll do it. Lmao ok Francis good luck my dude

I'm gonnabe a dick and quote my own post because everyone is talking about his head movement and not how it looks like he's on Ice skates in this combo. I'm not even a huge boxing fan. It's just fucking perfect.

TS is the reason why Paulie said MMA fans are the stupidest. The reason Floyd made 300 Million $$$$ boxing a scrub.

What is it with MMA fans and MMA fighters and their inferiority complex with boxing?

Ngannou wouldn't crack top 25. He'd get murdered by any version of Tyson.

You can also say that about Tyson lol

No. Tyson actually beat legit world champions in their prime, when they were actually champions. Francis has exactly zero wins against any world champ in his prime. Besides, you really need to be blind to compare Francis to Tyson. Tyson was a wizard in the ring with beautiful movement and insane speed and power. Francis is a guy who hits extremely hard and has wins against wayyyyyyyyyy past prime fighters and a loss against a guy who barely qualifies as a mixed martial artist and another loss against the only legit fighter in prime he ever faced. Francis looks like a bum next to tyson. Tyson was a much better boxers than Francis is a mixed martial artist. Plus, the pool talent in boxing way deeper than in MMA. Only an ignorant wouldn't know that

I don't have words to describe what i feel right now

People who claim Tyson was never that good should pay attention to this. You don't dodge punches against another pro top boxer like you are in the matrix unless you are that good. He is not dodging punches from an average joe. He is dodging punches from someone who dedicates his life to punching. That's how good tyson was.
The problem with Mike was his mental strength and being surrounded by yes men as he went from a troubled kid to the HW Champion of the world over night become richer and more famous then he could have ever imagined while not even being old enough to get into a bar yet.

Tyson is so highly praised today, despite his less than spectacular resume, not for what he was but for what anyone with eyes can see he should have been.

His combination of speed, power, footwork and head movement is like know body we have ever seen before.

Unfortunately though instead of being known as possibly the greatest HW to ever live with the resume to support that he is instead a cautionary tale warning of the pitfalls of fame and fortune if you don't surround yourself with the right people and let the distractions take your focus away from where it needs to be.

A tragic example of unbelievable physical gifts and potential wasted.

If Tyson couldn’t bully some he lost so ya maybe. Tyson and Fedor are the two most overrated fighters ever to me.

Uh no... Using shot jds, Cain, and overeem as e, ample of his great striking is crazy. Tyson in his day was way way to fast and powerful for nag. Plus he had great def in striking. He hardly ever got clipped hard. He was just too much for nag to deal with imo. Speed kills, and when the speed is backed up by huge power... Its a hell of a combination. While nag bmaybe a better boxer than jds, that's not even close to the same level as a pro boxer that has as many kos as Tyson did.

Tyson without training a day in MMA? Francis would win his leg kicks would cripple Mike. That said Prime Mike had the perfect style to transition to MMA, Prime Mike would have done very well in MMA that man was a special talent and athlete

When they called him the mike tyson of mma i turned it off. Have they no shame?

No. Tyson actually beat legit world champions in their prime, when they were actually champions. Francis has exactly zero wins against any world champ in his prime. Besides, you really need to be blind to compare Francis to Tyson. Tyson was a wizard in the ring with beautiful movement and insane speed and power. Francis is a guy who hits extremely hard and has wins against wayyyyyyyyyy past prime fighters and a loss against a guy who barely qualifies as a mixed martial artist and another loss against the only legit fighter in prime he ever faced. Francis looks like a bum next to tyson. Tyson was a much better boxers than Francis is a mixed martial artist. Plus, the pool talent in boxing way deeper than in MMA. Only an ignorant wouldn't know that

Relax bud. I was just joking because Tyson gets so overrated by MMA fans

During his reign I was an intensely passionate Iron Mike Tyson fan. I believed him to be the greatest fighter who ever lived and was willing to go toe to toe and argue that position against anyone who thought differently. I was wrong. Once I became a true student of the sport and delved into the history I went from being an uneducated casual fan, to being someone who had an actual understanding of what set the truly great fighters apart from the rest. I realized that Mike Tyson was grossly overrated and doesn't even crack the top 10 of all-time great heavyweight fighters.

That being said...I'm confident that Tyson would have obliterated Ngannou in under 30 seconds.

Back