Nicco Montano vs. Valentina Shevchenko is Officially CANCELLED For UFC 228 Co-Main

Strip The Belt?

• Strip The Belt

• Rebook the Fight When Montano is Healthy

Results are only viewable after voting.
Giving belt is giving money for free, not gonna happen.

Yea, not like I would really expect that to happen. More of a reactionary plea for salvation!

I'm probably the only one pissed that this fight was cancelled. I was looking forward to Shevchenko fighting. One of the few female fighters with a ton of skill and athleticism.

Same.

Though I logged in to Sherdog today expecting to see "Shevchenko fight cancelled."

And it was.

UFC is getting ridiculous.

Yea, not like I would really expect that to happen. More of a reactionary plea for salvation!
Giving belt for free: no fight, and next fight you have to gave this fighter at least 50 k more or even more dunno, what kinda of contract has Valentina, won't be shocked if 20/20

I agree
People behind a keyboard calling out fighters as cowards/ducks is absurd

Interestingly enough, it is never fighters doing this. I mean, the utter stupidity of calling someone who gets hit for a living a coward while they sit at home and snivel like a fucking bitch is just pathetic.

I'm probably the only one pissed that this fight was cancelled. I was looking forward to Shevchenko fighting. One of the few female fighters with a ton of skill and athleticism.
I'm pissed. Love watching Shev fight. Shit I love watching her hit the pads. Technique is so crisp and it's a thing of beauty.

what kinda of contract has Valentina, won't be shocked if 20/20

Her career payouts:

UFC on Fox: dos Anjos vs Cerrone 2 – Dec 19/15 – W (Kaufman) – $26,500 ($12,000 to show, $12,000 win bonus, $2,500 Reebok sponsorship)

UFC 196 – Mar 5/16 – L (Nunes) – $16,500 ($14,000 to show, $2,500 Reebok sponsorship)

UFC on Fox: Holm vs Shevchenko – Jul 23/16 – W (Holm) – $30,500 ($14,000 to show, $14,000 win bonus, $2,500 Reebok sponsorship)*

UFC on Fox: Shevchenko vs Pena – Jan 28/17 – W (Pena) – $84,500($16,000 to show, $16,000 win bonus, $50,000 Performance of the Night bonus, $2,500 Reebok sponsorship)*

UFC 213 – Jul 8/17 – $70,000 (UFC paid despite bout being cancelled, according to Dana White)

UFC 215 – Sept 9/17 – L (Nunes) – $130,000 ($100,000 to show, $30,000 Reebok sponsorship)*

UFC Fight Night: Machida vs Anders – Feb 3/18 – W (Cachoeira) – $91,000 ($18,000 to show, $18,000 win bonus, $50,000 Performance of the Night bonus, $5,000 Reebok sponsorship)*

Career Earnings: $449,000

yeah Shevchenko should be 20/20 maybe 25/25 fighter outside title fights (based on her payments from Holm fight 14/14,lol), no wonder she prefered to wait for Nicco

I'm pissed too I like watching Valentina fight

DAMNIT!

I like watching her do many things;
images

Can we just get Jessica Eye to get on the scale for ceremonious reasons?

For real though UFC needs to figure out this weight cutting shit and fast.

Start of this division is really awfull.
WBW started 23.02.2013 (first title fight) and Ronda was defending 3rd time one year later. (3 title fights) Ronda did TUF also in 2013.
WSW started 12.12.2014 (first title fight) and Joanna was defending 2nd time 14.11.2015 (4 title fights) and then TUF Joanna/Claudia started.

WMMA divisions will suck if champions won't fight regulary, often and do media.

You should really preface that with UFC rankings.
Ilima-Lei Macfarlane is number 2, don't care that she's not in the UFC. It's sad when you are champ and Sherdog has you ranked 8th.

You should really preface that with UFC rankings.

Well the initial question was naming top 5 in this Division which is the Division we just lost the title fight in which is the UFC.

Ilima-Lei Macfarlane is an interesting question though and would no doubt wipe the majority of names off that list.

depends on why she was hospitalized. if she planned poorly or self sabotaged, those are issues worthy of title revocation.

Doesn’t matter why at this point, she’s been away from the ring long enough due to “health” issues so strip and let active people go after it. If she can get healthy and actually get back in the ring I have no problem with an immediate title shot or whatever.

If she died the belt can’t be put on hold until she gets back so treat it the same.

Back