Nick Could Fight Again. And it Could be Soon.

He ran out of gas, as great as his cardio is it just couldn’t make up for the 6 year layoff.

Some people are acting like he was washed out there when at times he looked really really good. It was a great fight, Robbie looked the best he has in awhile That fight was a lot better than I expected from both
There's a reason for that. He was fighting Nick.

That’s the biggest issue for me, is how slow he looked. He almost looked like Big Nog in there lumbering around.

STARMAN has a yellow card?!?! The main good guy and babyface of Pro Wrestling NES?!?! That's it, now I've completely lost all faith in humanity. I feel personally betrayed by this heel turn. HOW could you DO this to me, Starman?!?! I looked UP to you as a shining example of justice and morality 35 years ago!!! Sure, maybe I was stupid for using a video game character as an actual role model but that's beside the point, dammit!

j/k I lost faith in humanity years ago, to the point where I'm not even surprised at people actually defending a professional fighter quitting in the middle of a professional fight because he just didn't want to get hit any more. I sure wish I could get paid $600K to quit right in the middle of doing my job. Is that yet another one of these "new normals" I keep being told about?

Why take the fight then, if you know you gonna lose?

I know we cant expect to hear 1 sentence from him that would make sense but at least stop pretending that its normal
To fight out his contract maybe ? We’ve seen the hold the UFC maintains over its ‘retired’ athletes.

For someone as popular as him im sure there are many other possible financial opportunities instead of quitting on the stool in front of the whole world after branding yourself as this badass who never quits for the entire career?
His fans branded him that way. Nick was never that way. That’s why he threw in the towel for his brother. He knows there’s no code. Just business.

To fight out his contract maybe ? We’ve seen the hold the UFC maintains over its ‘retired’ athletes.
He only needs to “fight out his contract” if he wants to keep fighting…..

He only needs to “fight out his contract” if he wants to keep fighting…..
Paul brothers money > UFC money… But, regardless of if he wants to keep fighting or not , I imagine it would feel a hell of a lot better to be control of what you want to do and not have that UFC anchor around your neck for life.

God no, please no. Just let him go do drugs like he has always wanted to.

For someone as popular as him im sure there are many other possible financial opportunities instead of quitting on the stool in front of the whole world after branding yourself as this badass who never quits for the entire career?

Nick talked about some business dealings going south particularly in opening a gym. He just needs the money and fighting is the best way he knows how to get it. I'm a huge fan but he really shouldn't be fighting anymore.

Paul brothers money > UFC money… But, regardless of if he wants to keep fighting or not , I imagine it would feel a hell of a lot better to be control of what you want to do and not have that UFC anchor around your neck for life.
He signed a 3 fight deal back in 2014. 3 fights. Not exactly a long term albatross. He chose to sit out for 6 years.

He signed a 3 fight deal back in 2014. 3 fights. Not exactly a long term albatross. He chose to sit out for 6 years.
It is a long term albatross if he doesn’t fight it out, look at GSP, he can’t do shit unless the UFC says yes…which they never will.

Nah. It's over.
I wonder what he meant by bum deal.

It is a long term albatross if he doesn’t fight it out, look at GSP, he can’t do shit unless the UFC says yes…which they never will.
They have to want him to fight for them to control him. As long as he’s a viable fighter for them they will want him to fulfill his contract with them. If he’s not a viable asset, they can’t just keep him under contract. They have to be willing to put him out there.

Again, he could have been out of this contract 5-6 years ago. He held the cards all these years.

I get that people want him to just be free to do what he wants…

There's a reason for that. He was fighting Nick.
I don’t think Nick had anything to do with it. I mean it’s been pretty obvious in Robbies last few fights that he hasn’t initiated and he hasn’t been able to pull the trigger. He came out aggressive, stayed aggressive and hunted. When he’s done that he’s almost always successful

Nick def needs to fight out his contract or convince Dana to let him go free like Anderoid.

He could prob get a big money BKFC bout if he can get a win in his next outing. Only saying this because seems like Nick needs the money and still South of 40.

Nick vs joe Riggs or diego Sanchez again. Yayyyyy nostalgia!

Back