Nick Newell's Contender Series opponent has been revealed

Good and he's getting a legit opponent. I see that as huge showing of respect. Just look at the softball they tossed Antonina Shevchenko.

For some reason I read that hashtag as "dancing with the Tuesday night contenders series"

I know this might be one of those questions where the answer is the opposite of what you'd expect, but I'm still gonna go ahead and pick the guy who has both his arms

Newell has good head movement, and quick hand. His opponent is gonna be a hand full though.

Alex Munoz by arm triangle choke.

988e947225c9a647c8fcb1934899926b.gif
I thought you have said armless triangle choke.

Newell is armed and ready to beat the entire UFC 155 division

Feed Sage to Newell for his inaugural UFC debut.

Thinking he has a good shot at getting the contract. But this seems like a decent step up in competition... Going to be an interesting scrap.

Well, he's a tricky opponent to find opponents for. You want him to look good so it can be a feel good type event for the audience, but when you give him someone legit like Gaethje, it ends up looking like a professional fighter beating up on a handicapped person. When Newell loses, it is kinda like when Gina lost, and everyone is wondering "Why did I even watch this cruelty in the first place? It was such a bad idea! Ban MMA!".

Gina had Cyborg mounted and stood up. Let's not pretend she had good fight IQ either.

Got to HAND it to Newell , hes legit and is HANDS down going to win this . That experience of his sure will come in HANDY.

Got to HAND it to Newell , hes legit and is HANDS down going to win this . That experience of his sure will come in HANDY.

Agreed, Newell is definitely ARMED and dangerous in there, and has GOOD knees and elbows as well.

Guys from TAM so he's used to fighting against Disabled people.

I have Newell though.
Wants it more and has more experience at a higher level.

Bad jokes flying in here.

You really pinpointed the nub of the problem with this thread.

You should give those wannabe comedians a hand next time they try to be funny.

I'll show myself out
dKuckvs.gif

Gina had Cyborg mounted and stood up. Let's not pretend she had good fight IQ either.
No, it's not about what a good fight it was(how good Cyborg fought), it was about that WMMA was new, Gina was America's sweetheart and when she started crying after she got beat it was just brutal for a lot of people to watch- especially at the hands of an ugly steroid looking monster. I remember at that time my Dad, who is a large MMA fan, said "this is why women shouldn't be fighting." He does not feel that way now, but WMMA was new, and there was (still is) a sentiment that this sport is too brutal for them - those tears and that beating got a lot of people.

<NewGina>

Nick better doesn't throw half committed left hands or he would be in trouble.

Barely ever watched Newell fight. Does he ever try to strike with his disabled arm?

Back