NINTENDO SWITCH Official Discussion v4: Did someone say... SMASH?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Civ vi as good as civ v? Thats the only civ Ive ever played and its a masterpiece. So damn addicting. Also hows dragon ball on the switch?

I haven't played Civ VI yet, but will get it on the Switch when it's released next month.

I haven't played DBXenoverse on the other consoles, so can't compare. But on the Switch, it sucks that it lacks bluetooth capabilities for earphones/mic. So my buddy and i just call each other on the cell phone and i use my Bose earbuds to chat with him about Quests and Battle strategies.

It is a lot of fun! espically if you are a DB fan, my buddy and I were/are big fans since we were younger and at 33 now, we been waiting for a DB game like this :) I will be getting the DLC that includes more quests, more skills you can learn from other DB characters and the DBSuper DLC that extends the story to include the DBSuper story arc.

I like how you can unlock or use coins to buy additional skills, clothing and accessories in shops and donate to your friends if you like.

An annoying thing though is when you do online or offline quests, you may not unlock the skill for that quest...even though you get a Z ranking. I read forums and it turns out that it is strickly random and if you don't get it the first try then you have to do that quest again and again until you randomly unlock it.
It can take some time to get use to the buttons and combos but there are some decent tutorials in the game itself when talking to some of the Kai's and instructors.

If you're unfamiliar with the game, you can create a character at the start. You start with picking with race you want to me. there's Majin, Sayian, Earthling, Namikian and Freiza. Each race have their own advantages and disadvantages that they mention when you scroll through each race.

I haven't played Civ VI yet, but will get it on the Switch when it's released next month.

I haven't played DBXenoverse on the other consoles, so can't compare. But on the Switch, it sucks that it lacks bluetooth capabilities for earphones/mic. So my buddy and i just call each other on the cell phone and i use my Bose earbuds to chat with him about Quests and Battle strategies.

It is a lot of fun! espically if you are a DB fan, my buddy and I were/are big fans since we were younger and at 33 now, we been waiting for a DB game like this :) I will be getting the DLC that includes more quests, more skills you can learn from other DB characters and the DBSuper DLC that extends the story to include the DBSuper story arc.

I like how you can unlock or use coins to buy additional skills, clothing and accessories in shops and donate to your friends if you like.

An annoying thing though is when you do online or offline quests, you may not unlock the skill for that quest...even though you get a Z ranking. I read forums and it turns out that it is strickly random and if you don't get it the first try then you have to do that quest again and again until you randomly unlock it.
It can take some time to get use to the buttons and combos but there are some decent tutorials in the game itself when talking to some of the Kai's and instructors.

If you're unfamiliar with the game, you can create a character at the start. You start with picking with race you want to me. there's Majin, Sayian, Earthling, Namikian and Freiza. Each race have their own advantages and disadvantages that they mention when you scroll through each race.

Ahh dope, I may get it but tbh Im looking forward to the bayonetta etc that imma get with the switch, smash bros aswell, maybe even the 2d dbz game. Too many damn games.

Ahh dope, I may get it but tbh Im looking forward to the bayonetta etc that imma get with the switch, smash bros aswell, maybe even the 2d dbz game. Too many damn games.

I will defiantly be getting Smash Bros in December as well!

I was never big on 2d fighting game, used to play a lot of Tekken3 and Tekken Tag back in the PS2 days. I may get the new Soul Calibur VI game for PS4 though.

Too many games to play is a good problem to have, hahaha
I myself have a bunch of Switch and PS4 games I need to finish that I currently own and still a bunch of games I want to buy as well. But before I purchase new games I'm going to finish some of my older ones first before the backlog of games gets too big, hahaha

I will defiantly be getting Smash Bros in December as well!

I was never big on 2d fighting game, used to play a lot of Tekken3 and Tekken Tag back in the PS2 days. I may get the new Soul Calibur VI game for PS4 though.

Too many games to play is a good problem to have, hahaha
I myself have a bunch of Switch and PS4 games I need to finish that I currently own and still a bunch of games I want to buy as well. But before I purchase new games I'm going to finish some of my older ones first before the backlog of games gets too big, hahaha
My backlog is the size of Antarctica. I havent even played Witcher 3 and all these triple As and obscure games that I need to play. And then Im thinking of buying a switch and all these games, and then all the vita games, and the PS3 games and the PS4 games, and goddamn playing every new game I can buy.

RDR2 is next. BOTW after.

My backlog is the size of Antarctica. I havent even played Witcher 3 and all these triple As and obscure games that I need to play. And then Im thinking of buying a switch and all these games, and then all the vita games, and the PS3 games and the PS4 games, and goddamn playing every new game I can buy.

RDR2 is next. BOTW after.

I'm looking forward to RDR2 as well, but my game time has been split between DBXenoverse2 on the Switch and Rachet & Clank on PS4. After R&C will finish Rise of the Tomb Raider so I can order Shadow of the Tomb Raider, hahaha. And damn it i still need to order God of War and Spider-Man. But need to finish R&C, Rise of the Tomb Raider, The Last of Us, Shadow of War, Horizon Zero Dawn and Metal Gear V.
I may try to blitz through R&C, Tomb Raider and TLoU. And I finished Shadow of Mordor pretty quick so I think I can do the same with its sequel Shadow of War. THEN I will get God of War and Spider-Man...oh shat! and need to get Uncharted The Lost Legacy!!
BotW is hella addicting as well, you will enjoy it. Had a lot of fun playing it.

BotW is hella addicting as well, you will enjoy it. Had a lot of fun playing it.
Im damn looking forward to it, I know imma find the weapon breaking thing annoying but the game is gonna be fun nontheless. And Ill play mainly handheld, cant wait to sink a ton of hours on it.

Im damn looking forward to it, I know imma find the weapon breaking thing annoying but the game is gonna be fun nontheless. And Ill play mainly handheld, cant wait to sink a ton of hours on it.

It took me a little while to get used to the weapon breakage but once you get into the groove of the game then you totally forget about it and it just becomes natural.

It took me a little while to get used to the weapon breakage but once you get into the groove of the game then you totally forget about it and it just becomes natural.
Yeah I wonder if it mustve been annoying as hell. Its one im willing to outlook but do you think the game wouldve been more fun without that mechanic or do you think because of it, it was better - so you use other strategies (sparks more creativity) etc.

Yeah I wonder if it mustve been annoying as hell. Its one im willing to outlook but do you think the game wouldve been more fun without that mechanic or do you think because of it, it was better - so you use other strategies (sparks more creativity) etc.

don't even fret over it.. they'll be plenty of weapons for you to pick up and play around with as you progress. you can even farm for some of them. it adds a minor dimension to the game but you won't even care or notice it eventually. you end up saving your best weapons against tough opponents and use the shit tier weapons against everyone else. when the weapon is in danger of breaking throw that shit at the opponent.

players who were bothered by this mechanics aren't true gamers IMO.

Yeah I wonder if it mustve been annoying as hell. Its one im willing to outlook but do you think the game wouldve been more fun without that mechanic or do you think because of it, it was better - so you use other stvegies (sparks more creativity) etc.

You can store more weapons than previous Zelda games, and not just swords too. So I like the variety. It will take sometime to get used to but once you do, the game is amazing

don't even fret over it.. they'll be plenty of weapons for you to pick up and play around with as you progress. you can even farm for some of them. it adds a minor dimension to the game but you won't even care or notice it eventually. you end up saving your best weapons against tough opponents and use the shit tier weapons against everyone else. when the weapon is in danger of breaking throw that shit at the opponent.

players who were bothered by this mechanics aren't true gamers IMO.

Ehh, I dont agree with the last statement, because people like different things in games and if one mechanic ruins the game for them, its their opinion if they do bash the game.

But tbh Im looking forward to it, havent played a Zelda game in years and years.

Ehh, I dont agree with the last statement, because people like different things in games and if one mechanic ruins the game for them, its their opinion if they do bash the game.

But tbh Im looking forward to it, havent played a Zelda game in years and years.

Just because I didn't see anyone mention it, but you do get a weapon that never breaks, it just has a cooldown period.

It never really feels bothersome. It's kind of fun to make decisions about which weapons to use at what time. And not too long into the game you find yourself deciding which weapons to keep because you have too many and you're finding better ones.

Dang, now I want to play it again.

Before BotW, i also haven't play a Zelda game in years.

Anyone pick up Dark Souls? My copy won’t be here until tomorrow. Can’t wait for some Toilet Souls!

Anyone pick up Dark Souls? My copy won’t be here until tomorrow. Can’t wait for some Toilet Souls!
Yup, Just beat the bell gargoyles.

Last edited:
Wow they totally improved Wolfenstein 2 Switch performance in the 1.2 patch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back