Nintendo NINTENDO SWITCH Official Discussion v5: Breath of the Pokemon

Will definitely being picking up Metroid Prime remastered when the physical copy comes out. Top 10 game of all time for me.

Sooo I have been playing metroid prime remastered a little, to take a break from Dead Space remake.

I have to say I saw some videos where people were praising the graphical upgrade of this remaster and.... well.. it looks good but these people really need to slow it down with that.

Coming from games like Dead Space Remake, God of War Ranarok, Returnal, etc. And then playing this.. I mean.. be realistic here.

This version does play really well which is what I wanted. Let's just leave it at that.

Sooo I have been playing metroid prime remastered a little, to take a break from Dead Space remake.

I have to say I saw some videos where people were praising the graphical upgrade of this remaster and.... well.. it looks good but these people really need to slow it down with that.

Coming from games like Dead Space Remake, God of War Ranarok, Returnal, etc. And then playing this.. I mean.. be realistic here.

This version does play really well which is what I wanted. Let's just leave it at that.

Well, it is a Switch game after all. Everything’s relative.

Well, it is a Switch game after all. Everything’s relative.
Just so you have an idea of what I mean

First comment says that at 900p 60 fps it looks like a current gen game.

This next guy spent the entire video gushing about how fantastic and detailed the game looks

I'm like come on bro.. you're not fooling anyone. The game plays aand feels great and the updated controls and options are welcome. Don't talk to me about detail when you can buy games that run at 4k 60 fos plus with Ray tracing today

By the way you can also get this on Switch today

Last edited:
SOO I beat Remastered the other day. I dunno why but I seem to remember Prime being harder back when I first played it on Gamecube.

I beat most of the bosses on my first try- in fact there was only one who gave me problems initially- the Omega Pirate.

I had a lot of fun. I wouldn't mind simple remasters of Prime 2 and 3 until the epic unveiling of Prime 4 (I am hoping the reason they are taking so long is because it will be glorious and unlike anything we have seen before)

Can't help but feel like my fears on confirmed and Nintendo shat the bed with this one. This is what you chose to show? You recycled 95% of the game and this is what's new? Ugh.

Are a lot of people feeling that way who enjoyed the first? I didn’t care for Breath of the Wild but from what I recall this does look a bit too similar.

Are a lot of people feeling that way who enjoyed the first? I didn’t care for Breath of the Wild but from what I recall this does look a bit too similar.
I dont know about a lot of people but I've definitely heard the sentiment from people in the gaming world that I follow. Of course I want to be wrong and hope they are keeping something big hidden but what I've seen so far looks like DLC.

Can't help but feel like my fears on confirmed and Nintendo shat the bed with this one. This is what you chose to show? You recycled 95% of the game and this is what's new? Ugh.

I don't know how someone could get that out of this. They didn't spend six years of development time to add some sky islands and new mechanics (though the new crafting mechanics look very in depth). Cave icons on the map indicate underground locations, new altitude (as well as latitude and longitude) map readings to indicate height (both positive and negative) above and below sea level also tell that we are exploring both above and below. They are showing very little so that people don't get spoiled.

I don't know how someone could get that out of this. They didn't spend six years of development time to add some sky islands and new mechanics (though the new crafting mechanics look very in depth). Cave icons on the map indicate underground locations, new altitude (as well as latitude and longitude) map readings to indicate height (both positive and negative) above and below sea level also tell that we are exploring both above and below. They are showing very little so that people don't get spoiled.
I hope, and I assume, you're right. But I'll believe it when I see it. But I didn't care for what I saw today. Breath of the Wild is my favorite game of the last 10 years. I hoped that they'd take the guts of that and build a really strong Zelda game around it. Not Link the vehicle crafter. I've said it before and I stand by it. Nintendo has two modes. When they want to be they're the greatest game developers in the world. And then sometimes they phone it in. And they usually follow one with the other. I hope to eat my own words but today did nothing to make me think otherwise.

I want Tears of the Kingdom to be good, but I have a bad feeling about it. I'm one of the few people who wasn't head over heels in love with BotW, and I am getting the same feeling here. They act like you have so many options for combat, but I don't care how many weapons I can combine or powers I have if I am fighting the same boring, easy enemies over and over. It's so comical to me to show this in-depth weapon crafting system after you just showed me that the enemy can be taken out no problem with a damn tree branch. That was BotW in a nutshell for me. All the gimmicks just felt like clunkier, less efficient, more time consuming ways of dealing with enemies than just hitting them with your sword.

I hope, and I assume, you're right. But I'll believe it when I see it. But I didn't care for what I saw today. Breath of the Wild is my favorite game of the last 10 years. I hoped that they'd take the guts of that and build a really strong Zelda game around it. Not Link the vehicle crafter. I've said it before and I stand by it. Nintendo has two modes. When they want to be they're the greatest game developers in the world. And then sometimes they phone it in. And they usually follow one with the other. I hope to eat my own words but today did nothing to make me think otherwise.

I am not sure why you think that's all there is to this game based on one reveal...

I think the new mechanics are cool.
There will be more way than just building legos with this game. Relax...

Just so you have an idea of what I mean

First comment says that at 900p 60 fps it looks like a current gen game.

This next guy spent the entire video gushing about how fantastic and detailed the game looks

I'm like come on bro.. you're not fooling anyone. The game plays aand feels great and the updated controls and options are welcome. Don't talk to me about detail when you can buy games that run at 4k 60 fos plus with Ray tracing today

By the way you can also get this on Switch today

It looks worse than the original I think. The graphics always seemed purposefully minimalistic. Adding a high-res filter on top of it takes away a lot of the old school vibe and makes it look like a cheap mod for a different game. I'd rather play the original tbh. Remastering New Vegas in 4K would probably have the same effect.

Probably because they took the tedious parts of a shit game and doubled down. You don't wanna use shit weapons cuz they break too soon and you don't wanna use the good ones on shit enemies. You're encouraged to not fight in an action adventure game. Sweet.

instead of adding in depth dungeons and world cohesiveness and a purpose to do literally anything you added puzzle islands

It's not being spoiled if you created worthwhile content

fuck this franchise

I am not sure why you think that's all there is to this game based on one reveal...

I think the new mechanics are cool.
There will be more way than just building legos with this game. Relax...
Go play Minecraft, there are mods that'll do all this for you

Probably because they took the tedious parts of a shit game and doubled down. You don't wanna use shit weapons cuz they break too soon and you don't wanna use the good ones on shit enemies. You're encouraged to not fight in an action adventure game. Sweet.

instead of adding in depth dungeons and world cohesiveness and a purpose to do literally anything you added puzzle islands

It's not being spoiled if you created worthwhile content

fuck this franchise

Go play Minecraft, there are mods that'll do all this for you

I dont play Minecraft thanks. And I am positively sure that these new gameplay mechanics are not all that this new game has to offer.

None of us know for sure if in depth dungeons are in or not in the game. But i am pretty sure it will be. Nintendo is not deaf. They broke the mold with BOTW but they've heard us when it comes to dungeons. I am pretty damn sure there will be a healthy amount of dungeon exploring to be done in this new game.

I personally enjoyed the weapon mechanics from BOTW. Never bothered me to juggle weapons around.

Last edited:
I dont play Minecraft thanks. And I am positively sure that these new gameplay mechanics are not all that this new game has to offer.

None of us know for sure if in depth dungeons are in or not in the game. But i am pretty sure it will be. Nintendo is not deaf. They broke the mold with BOTW but they've heard us when it comes to dungeons. I am pretty damn sure there will be a healthy amount of dungeon exploring to be done in this new game.

I personally enjoyed the weapon mechanics from BOTW. Never bothered me to juggle weapons around.
It's 2023, stop expecting developers to give more bruh

The combat actually has a lot of depth with then ability/weapon switch abuse which in itself is fun, but the monsters are pretty lame and the story sucks

Back