Crime NJ lady fined $250 a day for F Biden flag

The Cuomo one is funny.
I FOUND IT! I knew I took a photo of it. I did chuckle when I saw this
QTBWORh.jpg

She's an idiot and wrong for posting such language in public. The fine is ridiculously high and not something I support.

It's New Jersey I expect no less from a state that can fine you up to $250 if you pump your own gas and double that fine if you get caught doing it a second time.

Reactions: JSN
F anything on your front yard is going to get you fined almost everywhere.

They let her keep up all of her other posters and messages.

https://www.the-sun.com/news/3305830/judge-orders-new-jersey-woman-remove-biden-flags-fines/
I am a free speech proponent for individuals but this one is tricky.
I have 2 kids and would hate to be this smooth brained ladies neighbor. She makes your neighborhood look like the Clampetts from Beverly Hillbillies, which effects values. I would not care about a normal Trump sign but the F word I would have a problem with.
What’s to stop people putting up flags of nudes. She needs to quit being stubborn and put the flag in her garage. She can still show it off to her fellow smooth brains and keep the profanity to her self. Eventually the fines get too high and the city takes your home. Happened here locally but that was a dude turned his front yard into a junk yard claiming it was art.

If you wanna walk around with an F Biden shirt on or bumper stick on your car, so be it. If you literally have a flag waving around the front of your home with that on it, I agree, it's kind of ridiculous. It does effect the neighborhood as it's on full display 24/7 and will certainly incite violence or anger. I'm sure a shirt or bumper sticker may do the same, but you walk or drive away, it's not a constant in your face as you are enjoying a peaceful stroll down your street.

If you wanna walk around with an F Biden shirt on or bumper stick on your car, so be it. If you literally have a flag waving around the front of your home with that on it, I agree, it's kind of ridiculous. It does effect the neighborhood as it's on full display 24/7 and will certainly incite violence or anger. I'm sure a shirt or bumper sticker may do the same, but you walk or drive away, it's not a constant in your face as you are enjoying a peaceful stroll down your street.

A fuck Biden sign on your property will incite violence and anger? Amongst who? 15-year-old children? Who cares if it incites anger. It's political signage and appropriate. It doesn't violate local ordinances and is 1A protected.

The local ordinance:

The word "obscene" shall mean any material, communication or performance which the average person applying contemporary community standards existing within the municipality, would find, when considered as a whole:

a. Appeals to the prurient interest;

b. Depicts or describes in a patently offensive way sexual conduct as hereinafter specifically defined, or depicts or exhibits offensive nakedness as hereinafter specifically defined; and

c. Lacks serious literary, artistic, political or scientific value.

Take note of the "and" between b and c and the phrase "considered as a whole"? This will be appealed and the homeowner will emerge victoriously. People's brains are rotting.

Last edited:
It's clearly not about the use of the F-word here, but I agree she should take it down. That's kinda trashy.

These "obscenity" state laws have been struck down in NJ. If this ordinance went to the NJ supreme court the same would happen.

Free speech, leftists. Suck it.

A fuck Biden sign on your property will incite violence and anger? Amongst who? 15-year-old children? Who cares if it incites anger. It's political signage and appropriate. It doesn't violate local ordinances and is 1A protected.

The local ordinance:

The word "obscene" shall mean any material, communication or performance which the average person applying contemporary community standards existing within the municipality, would find, when considered as a whole:

a. Appeals to the prurient interest;

b. Depicts or describes in a patently offensive way sexual conduct as hereinafter specifically defined, or depicts or exhibits offensive nakedness as hereinafter specifically defined; and

c. Lacks serious literary, artistic, political or scientific value.

Take note of the "and" between b and c and the phrase "considered as a whole"? This will be appealed and the homeowner will emerge victoriously. People's brains are rotting.

I fully understand that you are well within your rights to do it. What I'm questioning is the moral justification of it. Kids, families, people who just want to go their days without possibly seeing or hearing something negative are now forced to see that every single day.

If you have to wave a damn banner in your front yard to signify your deep seeded hatred for someone, you have issues. It's disrespectful to the neighborhood and the other people who live there. Whether it be a fuck Biden or fuck Trump flag.

Actually no, according to the supreme court obscenity is not protected by the first amendment.
See Miller v California.

This case doesn't satisfy the requirements in the Miller case.

So sorry, my statement still stands:

1st Amendment > local obscenity ordinance.

I fully understand that you are well within your rights to do it. What I'm questioning is the moral justification of it. Kids, families, people who just want to go their days without possibly seeing or hearing something negative are now forced to see that every single day.

If you have to wave a damn banner in your front yard to signify your deep seeded hatred for someone, you have issues. It's disrespectful to the neighborhood and the other people who live there. Whether it be a fuck Biden or fuck Trump flag.

What someone thinks is immoral shouldn't necessarily be illegal. That's your opinion and thankfully not the law. I don't think it's disrespectful and I don't think it signifies deep-seated hatred. I think it's a political message. This individual is being stifled and fined for what other people think is immoral behavior. I think that's a profoundly larger issue than the sign. Welcome to America. You can wear a jacket that says "Fuck the draft". You can also erect a sign on your property that says Fuck a president.

Last edited:
What someone thinks is immoral shouldn't necessarily be illegal. That's your opinion and thankfully not the law. I don't think it's disrespectful and I don't think it signifies deep-seated hatred. I think it's a political message. This individual is being stifled and fined for what other people think is immoral behavior. I think that's a profoundly larger issue than the sign. If someone can wear a jacket that says "Fuck the draft", someone can erect a sign on their property that says Fuck a president.

Well on the merit that it can drop property value, people can file complaints and if enough people rally it can get the boot.

I remember reading a story about someone who painted their house bright neon pink in an affluent neighborhood. The entire neighborhood complained it brought down property value and they were told to change it by the city. If what you do, even in your own home, has a big negative impact on your neighborhood, be prepared to face the consequences.

You can fight it all day, but is it worth it?

You may not think hanging a fuck whoever flag or banner in the front of your home is disrespectful, but others will. You really have to hate someone to dawn the front of your sanctuary with a flag emblazoned with the words fuck biden or fuck whoever on it.

You should know full well there will be repercussions.

Yes it is disrespectful as well. You have children playing in the neighborhood who have to see that shit everyday. You might be a complete dick who doesn't care, but i wouldn't want my kids to be privy to that nonsense. You want to feel a certain way, fine. When you have a constant reminder waving around your front yard though, come on dude. You are now crossing into asshole territory.

Well on the merit that it can drop property value, people can file complaints and if enough people rally it can get the boot.

I remember reading a story about someone who painted their house bright neon pink in an affluent neighborhood. The entire neighborhood complained it brought down property value and they were told to change it by the city. If what you do, even in your own home, has a big negative impact on your neighborhood, be prepared to face the consequences.

You can fight it all day, but is it worth it?

You may not think hanging a fuck whoever flag or banner in the front of your home is disrespectful, but others will. You really have to hate someone to dawn the front of your sanctuary with a flag emblazoned with the words fuck biden or fuck whoever on it.

You should know full well there will be repercussions.

Yes it is disrespectful as well. You have children playing in the neighborhood who have to see that shit everyday. You might be a complete dick who doesn't care, but i wouldn't want my kids to be privy to that nonsense. You want to feel a certain way, fine. When you have a constant reminder waving around your front yard though, come on dude. You are now crossing into asshole territory.

Being an asshole isn't a finable offense or illegal.

Last edited:
Being an asshole isn't a finable offense or illegal.

Nobody said it is. Are you even reading what I typed? These people can put whatever kinds of nonsense they want on their yards. The city may also be able to fine them or make them take it down on the grounds that it's negatively impacting property values in the area or having a profound effect on the neighboring residents. It's happened over and over again.

All I'm saying is, why even subject your neighbors to your rhetoric? Why do you openly want to be the neighborhood asshole? Are you so naive to think there won't be repercussions by the city or even your neighbors?

Nobody said it is. Are you even reading what I typed? These people can put whatever kinds of nonsense they want on their yards. The city may also be able to fine them or make them take it down on the grounds that it's negatively impacting property values in the area or having a profound effect on the neighboring residents. It's happened over and over again.

All I'm saying is, why even subject your neighbors to your rhetoric? Why do you openly want to be the neighborhood asshole? Are you so naive to think their won't be repercussions by the city or even your neighbors?

What you're saying is you want to dictate what other people say and do. The supreme court has struck down this type of local ordinance as unconstitutional. Not to mention the local ordinance, in this case, isn't being violated. Notice there is no HoA involved in this dispute. This isn't going to stand if it's pursued further. I think you're an asshole for trying to control people's speech but you shouldn't be fined for it.

Last edited:
Has there been a case where the 1st amendment has protected a property owner's right to publicly display obscene words or images ?
https://tiremeetsroad.com/2019/05/0...ndment-protects-florida-mans-i-eat-ass-decal/

The problem is, when people fight it the state tucks dick and drops charges, they do that because it’s impossible to uphold on constitutional grounds.

obscenity laws have been struck down by courts on constitutional basis before, and if the homeowner wants to fight based on a 1A claim I’m sure a court would find their way
https://www.mtsu.edu/first-amendment/article/1543/people-v-boomer-mich-ct-app

Last edited:
Do you really believe the constitution was written with these shitstains in mind?
Of course not. And I have no problem with the courts making her take them down, be fined, etc. At this point she's only doing it for the attention toward a gofundme that will surely draw in massive sums.

My gripe is with the people who say 'we need to protect the children'

That's the line of thinking the authors of the constitution would lambast.

No way around it- she’s just a Dick.

Back