No fiscal platform. Sorry, but I might have to become a partisan. The death of the Republican party

VivaRevolution

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Here is the clear choice. We can have trillion dollar deficits, corporate tax breaks, and increased defense spending, or you can have trillion dollar deficits, social spending, corporate tax breaks and increased defense spending.

If we are just saying fuck it. We aren't even pretending that we are ever paying it back, let's just run the deficit to 50 trillion, and fix everything. Free health care, free college, New roads, we will make the corporate tax rate 0%, and make income tax -10%. That's right the government will pay you 10% of your wages.

As far as increased spending goes, the only difference between Republicans and Democrats, is in whether or not we should use the national credit card for elite's, or should we use it for elite's and a little bit of social spending to throw some scraps to the unwashed masses.

I may have to abandon my illusion of choice platform here. Even the fucking corporate dems don't cut spending on children and old people, while writing blank checks to corporate america, and the MIC.

Last edited:
bootstrap.png

Seems to me the democrats seem to have a centrist if sometimes corporatist economic policy, less criminal indictments/scandals, more evidence based policy and credible leaders overall. The GOP seems to be propped up by an unholy alliance of evangelicals, racists and corporatists who have very few policies that would substantially benefit for average person.

In reality I think the US needs some form of MMP or PR for congress at the very least, but I don't see any solutions to the systemic issues you're experiencing. I think the next 12 months are basically going to show if you at the very beginning of a constitutional crisis, or in the middle. I hope it's the latter. DT is the symptom, not the disease.

As to the topic of the OP, the idea of repubs being fiscally conservative or responsible is a myth that is shattered by a modicum of analysis of the evidence.

Move out of America if you don’t like it. The debt will be addressed but one thing at a time. If we can get rid of the ACA and implement huge cuts to Medicaid it will reduce the problem while encouraging people to earn their own way instead of leeching. GDP increases as a result, tax influx increases, debt reduces. These social “safety net” programs are the issue. They do nothing but reward laziness while hindering progress.

Move out of America if you don’t like it. The debt will be addressed but one thing at a time. If we can get rid of the ACA and implement huge cuts to Medicaid it will reduce the problem while encouraging people to earn their own way instead of leeching. GDP increases as a result, tax influx increases, debt reduces. These social “safety net” programs are the issue. They do nothing but reward laziness while hindering progress.

Lol. Sorry. But I'm not buying the fact, that the people who say government can never work, are going to make
government work.

If the people who say government is the problem, increase the deficit, then what fucking purpose do you serve?

Save the song and dance for someone interested in a show.

I'd take trillion dollar deficits and a booming economy, rising wages, low taxes, and economic mobility over trillion dollar deficits and whatever the fuck the last 8 years were.

I'd take trillion dollar deficits and a booming economy, rising wages, low taxes, and economic mobility over trillion dollar deficits and whatever the fuck the last 8 years were.

Lol. You don't have a booming economy, you have a booming bubble of a stock market.

When the bubble pops, you will be calling it Obama's economy. In fact when the Dow lost all of its gains for the year, trumpets were already doing so. I am more than willing to show you some of the quotes from the thread if you would like.

I've reached the same conclusion.

The Republican party needs to die, so straight ticket Dem is how I'm voting until it does.

At least Dems are forced to pretend to give a shit about people.

Quick reminder, the democrats were just in charge for a decade and we had even more problems, and to be fair, the republicans before that had even MORE problems....

the rich and powerful will always sell out the rest.

On a side note, I honestly think a lot of you folks want a system that just doesn’t exist and has almost no chance of happening. May I suggest everyone focus on the only thing that will ever even begin to address the issues.

Term Limits

Quick reminder, the democrats were just in charge for a decade and we had even more problems, and to be fair, the republicans before that had even MORE problems....

On a side note, I honestly think a lot of you folks want a system that just doesn’t exist and has almost no chance of happening. May I suggest everyone focus on the only thing that will ever even begin to address the issues.

Term Limits

For a decade? Congress flipped in 2010 to Republican majority and has been since then no? How would that be the democrats being in charge???

Term Limits

Honestly man, the problem is we bicker over the non-sense, when we should be focused on the corruption. I don't think term limits solve everything, but I think they would help. Let's do term limits, campaign finance reform, lobbying reform, and ban gerrymandering, and we might just be able to stop the fall of our republic.

Be honest with yourself man. Donald Trump and the RNC are not the solution to the corruption, which means they are part of the problem.

I'll be honest. Obama, and the DNC are not the solution to the corruption, which means they are part of the problem.

I can tell you that voting the bums out, is a solution, and right now, it is republicans in power that need to be voted out.

Honestly man, the problem is we bicker over the non-sense, when we should be focused on the corruption. I don't think term limits solve everything, but I think they would help. Let's do term limits, campaign finance reform, lobbying reform, and ban gerrymandering, and we might just be able to stop the fall of our republic.

Be honest with yourself man. Donald Trump and the RNC are not the solution to the corruption, which means they are part of the problem.

I'll be honest. Obama, and the DNC are not the solution to the corruption, which means they are part of the problem.

I can tell you that voting the bums out, is a solution, and right now, it is republicans in power that need to be voted out.

Unfortunately, I’m not of the belief you’ll get rid of the corruption as long as we have career politicians.

Voting out the republicans will do very little to get the country to where you want to go. That just starts the process over again. Republicans will be “resisting” like they did under obama. Nothing will get done. Truthfully it’s unfortunate McConnell was rewarded for that tactic under obama, as it will likely become the norm. Rather than vote out the republicans, I’d suggest punishing the party that refuses to work together on anything, so that Dems will start working to pretend to fix America’s problems.

Term Limits
Holy shit I agree with you

TS, keep in mind one indisputable fact: the Democrats are as corrupt. They are a sadistically worthhless party that has sold out and lied to their own base since Clinton, have offered no meaningful opposition to corporate and military ventures spearheaded by the GOP, and have in fact adopted the neo-con ideology of the early century.

Fuck them.

Unfortunately, I’m not of the belief you’ll get rid of the corruption as long as we have career politicians.

Voting out the republicans will do very little to get the country to where you want to go. That just starts the process over again. Republicans will be “resisting” like they did under obama. Nothing will get done. Truthfully it’s unfortunate McConnell was rewarded for that tactic under obama, as it will likely become the norm. Rather than vote out the republicans, I’d suggest punishing the party that refuses to work together on anything, so that Dems will start working to pretend to fix America’s problems.

I’d go one step further Bobby as I think term limits are half of the problem. Repeal Citizens United, as long as Corporations and private donors can spend as they want they will just find someone similar and meeting either interests if they are allowed to spend like they can today.

Or you could accept that there is no point in voting, stay home and do more productive things, like playing video games.

You do know that social programs were what helped the country out of the great depression, right?

If you think meals on wheels is a problem, but the ridiculously over bloated military spending, then I don't know what to tell you.

I also want to point out how hypocritical you sound talking about "leeching", when your parents paid your way through college and gave you a fucking allowance.

Back