No fiscal platform. Sorry, but I might have to become a partisan. The death of the Republican party

I'd take trillion dollar deficits and a booming economy, rising wages, low taxes, and economic mobility over trillion dollar deficits and whatever the fuck the last 8 years were.

We had a booming economy and only a 500B deficit.

That's the only difference.

Honestly man, the problem is we bicker over the non-sense, when we should be focused on the corruption. I don't think term limits solve everything, but I think they would help. Let's do term limits, campaign finance reform, lobbying reform, and ban gerrymandering, and we might just be able to stop the fall of our republic.

Be honest with yourself man. Donald Trump and the RNC are not the solution to the corruption, which means they are part of the problem.

I'll be honest. Obama, and the DNC are not the solution to the corruption, which means they are part of the problem.

I can tell you that voting the bums out, is a solution, and right now, it is republicans in power that need to be voted out.

Bruh...

The DNC just rigged their own primary. They were being funded by the Clinton campaign and dirty foundation money. Hillary built a private server in her basement and deleted 30k emails and destroyed labtops/cell phones after they were subpoenaed. We saw the Lynch/Clinton tarmac meeting. We've seen Obama's DOJ unmasking private citizens and spying on political opposition. The DNC's candidate was backed by an obscene amount of wall street money. And on and on.

Your solution on political corruption is to vote these people right back into office after one year? How does that make any sense?

There is always going to be corruption and we should prevent, stop, and punish any that we see. I'm fully aware the RNC is corrupt as well. But right now the DNC and many career bureaucrats have been fully exposed and are sitting out here butt ass naked. Don't you think rewarding them with a return to power would..I dunno...send the wrong message? Especially when the opposing party really isn't embroiled in any kind of scandals or corruption.

You do know that social programs were what helped the country out of the great depression, right?

Even if your premise is correct(which it's not) that means your method took 10 years lol. Who could argue with that approach?

I've reached the same conclusion.

The Republican party needs to die, so straight ticket Dem is how I'm voting until it does.

At least Dems are forced to pretend to give a shit about people.

They are not as bad it is true but they are pretty bad. Justice democrats are the answer even if the movement itself doesn't take hold.

Quick reminder, the democrats were just in charge for a decade and we had even more problems, and to be fair, the republicans before that had even MORE problems....

the rich and powerful will always sell out the rest.

On a side note, I honestly think a lot of you folks want a system that just doesn’t exist and has almost no chance of happening. May I suggest everyone focus on the only thing that will ever even begin to address the issues.

Term Limits
Tottaly agree , we really have to start looking further out than the next election cycle

Move out of America if you don’t like it. The debt will be addressed but one thing at a time. If we can get rid of the ACA and implement huge cuts to Medicaid it will reduce the problem while encouraging people to earn their own way instead of leeching. GDP increases as a result, tax influx increases, debt reduces. These social “safety net” programs are the issue. They do nothing but reward laziness while hindering progress.

Signed, the guy who lived in his parents basement and had food, school, housing, and everything else paid for until he was 27.

Everyone should work harder to become a male nurse's aid like Harry, and more importantly everyone should stop being lazy and just make their parents pay for everything until they are WELL into adulthood

Signed, the guy who lived in his parents basement and had food, school, housing, and everything else paid for until he was 27.

Everyone should work harder to become a male nurse's aid like Harry, and more importantly everyone should stop being lazy and just make their parents pay for everything until they are WELL into adulthood

We don’t have basements in Florida. I’m actually close to being an FNP. I’ll be making 200k in a year with two jobs.

You do know that social programs were what helped the country out of the great depression, right?

If you think meals on wheels is a problem, but the ridiculously over bloated military spending, then I don't know what to tell you.

I also want to point out how hypocritical you sound talking about "leeching", when your parents paid your way through college and gave you a fucking allowance.

These social programs have put us into another depression. I don’t agree with the military spending either. Entitlement reform and ending the Team America world police bullshit both need to end.

Here is the clear choice. We can have trillion dollar deficits, corporate tax breaks, and increased defense spending, or you can have trillion dollar deficits, social spending, corporate tax breaks and increased defense spending.

If we are just saying fuck it. We aren't even pretending that we are ever paying it back, let's just run the deficit to 50 trillion, and fix everything. Free health care, free college, New roads, we will make the corporate tax rate 0%, and make income tax -10%. That's right the government will pay you 10% of your wages.

As far as increased spending goes, the only difference between Republicans and Democrats, is in whether or not we should use the national credit card for elite's, or should we use it for elite's and a little bit of social spending to throw some scraps to the unwashed masses.

I may have to abandon my illusion of choice platform here. Even the fucking corporate dems don't cut spending on children and old people, while writing blank checks to corporate america, and the MIC.

I am nearly as disappointed as you were when the Senate's Budget came out a short time ago... insane how spending is climbing.

my concern is mostly about the growth of these interest payments as part of the overall budget.
(currently the 4th highest expenditure; pure madness, when the others, besides defense, are "non-discretionary")
-evidently intragovernmental debt (i.e. what is owed to Social Security) isn't counted as part of the interest owed calculation; but what happens as more and more baby boomers and elderly hit the "recipient status" age?...
likely more borrowing to meet the non-discretionary needs rather than cuts to military and other areas.

it's insane.

We don’t have basements in Florida. I’m actually close to being an FNP. I’ll be making 200k in a year with two jobs.

There's a better chance that @AnGrYcRoW is actually an anthropomorphic bovine rage typing from a Midwestern beef farm than there is that you will ever make 200k a year.

Move out of America if you don’t like it. The debt will be addressed but one thing at a time. If we can get rid of the ACA and implement huge cuts to Medicaid it will reduce the problem while encouraging people to earn their own way instead of leeching. GDP increases as a result, tax influx increases, debt reduces. These social “safety net” programs are the issue. They do nothing but reward laziness while hindering progress.

You sure it isn't the hundreds of billions of dollars we spend on the military?

On a side note, I honestly think a lot of you folks want a system that just doesn’t exist and has almost no chance of happening. May I suggest everyone focus on the only thing that will ever even begin to address the issues.

Term Limits

Publicly funded elections and a ban on private campaign contributions would do far, far more to end the plutocracy.

There's a better chance that @AnGrYcRoW is actually an anthropomorphic bovine rage typing from a Midwestern beef farm than there is that you will ever make 200k a year.
1V3lX.gif

Yeah, birds can't become cows.

Um, folks can agree with adding to the deficit while also believing there is a level of deficts that is actually dangerous, so the OP isn't actually based on arguments people are making.

Neither side is saying deficits don't matter. One side says they matter a lot when they don't like the policy but they're ok when they do like it.

Back