"No Grown Man should weigh 125lbs"

MM couldn't beat the #1 armature LHW fighter in my state.

MMA Purists can go fuck themselves. The UFC was most popular when it was only men 155lbs and bigger.

Humans are not biologically made to be in awe of manlets or women fighting. No one gives a crap about the Flyweight or Bantium weight divisions. They are bathroom break divisions.

Now, enter the beta male, feminist cucks to defend manlets and WMMA like the little bitches they are. Bunch of damn progressive Hillary voters.

I watch all the weight classes because in the end, I'm just a fan of MMA, but I'd much rather they lose some of the heavier divisions before FLW or some of the WMMA divisions.

All I give a fuck about is if they're exciting, and there's been way too many boring ass fights at LHW and HW in particular. Not saying I don't enjoy a lot of these fighters, but It's too many fights where it's just two gassed, out of shape dudes with shitty technique.

The technique on the women isn't always amazing, but at least there's more action. I could lose the new FW division though. Eventually I'd like to see them get rid of BW as well and just go with SW and FLW.

And male BW? BW is awesome. TJ's fights against Barao and Dom/TJ and Dom/Necktats were insanely good. I couldn't care less if these guys aren't tall enough to ride rollercoasters, I'll take them over the out of shape, unathletic heavier fighters with crap technique.

I don't know, this obsession on Sherdog with big dudes is starting to get sorta weird.

MMA Purists can go fuck themselves. The UFC was most popular when it was only men 155lbs and bigger.

Humans are not biologically made to be in awe of manlets or women fighting. No one gives a crap about the Flyweight or Bantium weight divisions. They are bathroom break divisions.

Now, enter the beta male, feminist cucks to defend manlets and WMMA like the little bitches they are. Bunch of damn progressive Hillary voters.
BRTky.jpg

- Charles Atlas

A case for why the 125 division makes no sense.

1. Healthy. muscular grown men cannot naturally weigh 125lbs unless they are under 5 feet.

2. Fighters making that weight are draining their body and affecting their health.

3. Nobody wants to watch little guys with no power bounce around.

4. The general population who are that size don't take up athletics. At best they become jockeys.

your perspective is very parochial. here in samoa we used to say healthy grown men cannot naturally weigh as little as 325lbs unless they are under 4 feet. but we now realise that not everyone in the world is the same as us. we also realise that ray borg would chew up your face like a piranha

My 10 year old daughter is taller than MM. That division is a joke. Such a small % of the population is manlet in size as compared to the other weigh divisions, that's why that division is so void of decent fighters.

MM has more talent in fighting in his one pinky than you do in your entire body. Size doesn't automatically mean you can beat someone smaller than you. I know a couple of 155ers that would ragdoll your ass, easy.
I could literally ankle pick him and throw him over my fence.

I watch all the weight classes because in the end, I'm just a fan of MMA, but I'd much rather they lose some of the heavier divisions before FLW or some of the WMMA divisions.

All I give a fuck about is if they're exciting, and there's been way too many boring ass fights at LHW and HW in particular. Not saying I don't enjoy a lot of these fighters, but It's too many fights where it's just two gassed, out of shape dudes with shitty technique.

The technique on the women isn't always amazing, but at least there's more action. I could lose the new FW division though. Eventually I'd like to see them get rid of BW as well and just go with SW and FLW.

And male BW? BW is awesome. TJ's fights against Barao and Dom/TJ and Dom/Necktats were insanely good. I couldn't care less if these guys aren't tall enough to ride rollercoasters, I'll take them over the out of shape, unathletic heavier fighters with crap technique.

I don't know, this obsession on Sherdog with big dudes is starting to get sorta weird.

great post.

im super pumped for cody vs tj, its always awesome to see dom fight, and then you got the likes of john lineker, very gutsy, fan friendly style.

as you say, a lot of heavyweight fights are shit, they can be an ugly lumbering race to land one punch and then its over. who fucking cares about that shit

there are people who enjoy the sport aspect of this and those who are just jerking off to burly, sweaty macho men in their underwear

latest

It's not even the weight, it's the height. Believe me, I'm not one of these guys who hate on 'manlets' or anything. I like the 135lb weight class. But 125lbs is dull as fuck.

The thing is, Ray Borg is 5'2, and you need to remember the UFC often over inflates their fighters heights. The dude could be like 5'1 or 5'0...my Mother is 5'2. Their are plenty of 14 year old girls who are taller than my Mother...and thus taller than Ray Borg or Mighty Mouse. When teenage girls are taller than you...ouch. When my Mother (who considers herself to be quite short is as tall or even taller than you as a grown man...ouch)

There are short men at like 5'4-5'7. Then there are those 5'0-5'2 dudes. They're tiny little things.
Who cares? Cody is 5'7, Conor is 5'9, Tyron Woodley is 5'9. You've got a guy in Gastelum who is 5'9 at best, beating large middleweights and a guy who competed at heavyweight he may very well beat a lot of people's all time GOAT in just over a month. Cormier, LHW champ is 5'10-5'11 and a lot of people think he could win the heavyweight belt. Mark Hunt at 5'10 knocked out a 7 footer in Struve. Maybe your obsession with height in fighting is unjustified.

There are so many combat athletes who have been short in stature and highly successful. One of the thing that makes it an interesting sport is that guys of any body type can be good. It's about skill and using your body type, whatever it is, in its most advantageous way. I think a lot of people just have a hard time accepting the idea that men of shorter stature can beat the crap out of them. Probably why they always avoided the wrestling room or BJJ mats.

My 10 year old daughter is taller than MM. That division is a joke. Such a small % of the population is manlet in size as compared to the other weigh divisions, that's why that division is so void of decent fighters.

yoda would fuck you up

What I wanna know is why 6'4, 230lb men (but still shredded with 10% body fat) that bang 10s on the reg, hero worship smaller, chubbier dudes like Black Beast or Mke Perry. To hear Shertards tell it, they are the pinnacle of human life, so worshipping little chubby guys like Fedor who they could KO with teh jab makes zero sense to me.

A 125'er is supposed to be greatest fighter of all time? get the fuck outta here with that shit.
The whole P4P thing just means he has the best skills. But is deceiving because the different weight classes use different skills.

How do you really feel though.

Except actual people who aren't insecure, like the weight class, regardless of size. As do people who actually respect and follow combat sports. Hence a huge reason why DJ was won the ESPY this past year.. he's the one mma athlete, that every other fighter respects and he's the fighter that other athletes in dif sports admire. Plus, DJ and Cody do walk around at a similar size. And reality is.. any man under 6ft and under 200lbs, is a manlet in society. But there is a bunch of insecure guys under 6ft and under 200lbs who think they are huge.

the DJ haters are sooooo desperate today...

DJ dominates another fight, pulls off an impressive finish...so the only thing you clowns can come up with is to talk shit about his size?

LMAO - you guys are fucking pathetic.
Considering he's had any legitimate competition since Joseph benavidez... And just went to a decision of the guy who was cut from the UFC yeah he's pretty good

155 is where people start to have power. I can see even someone like Sherk giving a 200lber hell.

125? There just isn’t the power nessasary to do damage there.

Who cares if they are more talented? They land some shots bounce around and the 200lber gets ahold of them. There is litterely NOTHING they can do.

Go watch Orlando weit vs remco pardue for a great example.
This is a casual at it's finest with this post. 155 you begin to have power? So Cody finishing everyone at 135 isn't power? Aldo, Edgar, Max, Lamas, even Conor at 145.. didn't have power? So at 125 all the finishes DJ has, more then most Champs and active fighters in other weight classes, didn't happen? Why speak on a 200lber fighting a 125er, when there are weight classes in combat sports? How new are you kiddo?

Considering he's had any legitimate competition since Joseph benavidez... And just went to a decision of the guy who was cut from the UFC yeah he's pretty good
You must be new if you think Joe is only comp DJ has faced and beat. And if you think he just fought Tim, you are living in the past being he's had two fights since.. with finishes, over higher ranked and better opponents.

You must be new if you think Joe is only comp DJ has faced and beat. And if you think he just fought Tim, you are living in the past being he's had two fights since.. with finishes, over higher ranked and better opponents.

Considering I've been a fan since UFC 16. You must go back all the way back to pancrease we are hybrid wrestlers.

Where I live a 160lb man isn’t normal size, but I live in Texas and work on drilling rigs.

200lbs is “average to medium size” at best

Bullshit, I live and work in Texas and at just under 6' and between 170-180 I am most certainly well above average size.

I do hard physical labor in extreme conditions in the solar industry. Our company hired a crew of oil rig guys. They were very confident and seemed to fancy themselves big and tough and ready for the conditions... but they couldn't hack it and were gone in short order. My apprentice is all of 140-150 lbs and he PHYSICALLY put those oil workers to shame. They just couldn't keep up with the work rate and endurance.

Johnson would destroy you idiots.

Last edited:

Conor and May mostly fought below 155 and made a bit of money. 125 though is too small.

Hillary GOAT

Back