"No Grown Man should weigh 125lbs"

Some major insecurities going on in this thread guys more worried about size than the actual fighting itself..? I know you type guys see you in the gym all the time taking sneak peeks at other mens junk in the showers to see if they measure up.

gV9W6_f-maxage-0_s-200x150.gif

I know you type guys see you in the gym all the time taking sneak peeks at other mens junk in the showers to see if they measure up.

I always wondered why I did that. I'm peeking, but why?! Thanks

125 is a perfectly healthy weight for someone his height (which he has no control over)

I always wondered why I did that. I'm peeking, but why?! Thanks

You always wondered why you peeking at other mens junk? If you getting a tingley feeling while doing this, maybe you struggling with identity...?

You always wondered why you peeking at other mens junk? If you getting a tingley feeling while doing this, maybe you struggling with identity...?

Could be. I'm open to ideas. I don't know why my eyes turn when those towels drop.

Considering I've been a fan since UFC 16. You must go back all the way back to pancrease we are hybrid wrestlers.
Like I said.. you must new then. You pointing out ufc 16 is like a child saying they were asleep before their bedtime, while lying. Nice try though kiddo.

I watch all the weight classes because in the end, I'm just a fan of MMA, but I'd much rather they lose some of the heavier divisions before FLW or some of the WMMA divisions.

All I give a fuck about is if they're exciting, and there's been way too many boring ass fights at LHW and HW in particular. Not saying I don't enjoy a lot of these fighters, but It's too many fights where it's just two gassed, out of shape dudes with shitty technique.

The technique on the women isn't always amazing, but at least there's more action. I could lose the new FW division though. Eventually I'd like to see them get rid of BW as well and just go with SW and FLW.

And male BW? BW is awesome. TJ's fights against Barao and Dom/TJ and Dom/Necktats were insanely good. I couldn't care less if these guys aren't tall enough to ride rollercoasters, I'll take them over the out of shape, unathletic heavier fighters with crap technique.

I don't know, this obsession on Sherdog with big dudes is starting to get sorta weird.
End of thread!

MMA Purists can go fuck themselves. The UFC was most popular when it was only men 155lbs and bigger.
Yes, that's why a year ago it sold for more than 2000x what it was purchased for with 155 as the smallest class. God you're smart.

He’s still smaller than most middle school football players.

He must have so much power LOL!!!!!

You would be surprised. I wont advocate that much for 125 as I myself dont watch it but to say these guys dont have power is just untrue. Punching power is about technical skill and core strenght and they have plenty I guarantee you that.

If you would spar with one of them you would be impressed how hard some of them punch. I`ve seen 135 pro boxer punching harder than good amateur LHWs. Really its crazy what power you can develop after years of training.

dj doesnt weigh 125
hes probably walks at 150
he just cuts to make 125 for a few minutes

is it just me or does everyone else assume that the manlet haters are mostly short men?

Or dudes that lost their (platonic) girlfriend to a short guy, their mom ran off with a midget or some shit like thag

I strongly advise fighters like DJ to not take this kind of bitching personally

Bullshit, I live and work in Texas and at just under 6' and between 170-180 I am most certainly well above average size.

I do hard physical labor in extreme conditions in the solar industry. Our company hired a crew of oil rig guys. They were very confident and seemed to fancy themselves big and tough and ready for the conditions... but they couldn't hack it and were gone in short order. My apprentice is all of 140-150 lbs and he PHYSICALLY put those oil workers to shame. They just couldn't keep up with the work rate and endurance.

Johnson would destroy you idiots.

Um no the solar industry does not have the same conditions and work rate as a drilling rig.

I would love to see you trip 18k’ of pipe

I love all the Manlets getting butt hurt in here

- Charles Atlas

A case for why the 125 division makes no sense.

1. Healthy. muscular grown men cannot naturally weigh 125lbs unless they are under 5 feet.

2. Fighters making that weight are draining their body and affecting their health.

3. Nobody wants to watch little guys with no power bounce around.

4. The general population who are that size don't take up athletics. At best they become jockeys.

This is number one bullshit, u sound like a salty tall guy that's mad he aint out there making 500k a fight to whoop midgets.
1. They don't weigh 125 lbs naturally just like how necktats doesn't weigh 135lbs naturally just like how max holloway doesn't weigh 145lbs naturally just like how conor doesn't weigh 155lbs. I think I made my point.

2.Any fighter cutting any type of weight in a short period of time are hurting themselves, idiot. This isn't new knowledge.

3. Well, I don't like to watch the manlets either but their making their money and not affecting ur quality of life in any way shape or form so why do u care?

4. Ok?

Um no the solar industry does not have the same conditions and work rate as a drilling rig.

I would love to see you trip 18k’ of pipe

The work rate at top solar companies is prodigious. I'd like to see you carry solar panels up 3 story ladders all day. Or spend all day in the attic at 140 degrees crawling through nasty insulation laying across joists, or all day on a steep hot roof in climbing harnesses in 130+ ambient.

Like I said, we hired a crew of heavy rig workers. They talked like you. They failed to make the cut. In fact I thought I was going to have to take one of the guys to the hospital for heat exhaustion.

Last edited:
- Charles Atlas

A case for why the 125 division makes no sense.

1. Healthy. muscular grown men cannot naturally weigh 125lbs unless they are under 5 feet.

2. Fighters making that weight are draining their body and affecting their health.

3. Nobody wants to watch little guys with no power bounce around.

4. The general population who are that size don't take up athletics. At best they become jockeys.
Except the guys that fight at 125 don't weigh 125.... most cut 15-25 pounds.

Who cares if they are more talented? They land some shots bounce around and the 200lber gets ahold of them. There is litterely NOTHING they can do.

You're telling me that MM could defeat this rugby player in a fight ? What honestly would/could he do ? Tell me;

This is SOOO fucking irrelevant that there's no doubt in my mind you people got a peanut brain. This is why there's weight classes idiots. If thats the case, I guess Jon Jones isn't shit just cause Andre the giant can kick his ass cause of his size.

I worked with a 46kg man, quite nippy little fella.

Back