No more ducking. It's time for Pacquiao/Mayweather

Status
Not open for further replies.
"the go to site for filipinos everywhere...."

Yeah, I'm not reading that.

Thread stops here. I don't know how may times I have to say it.

So Manny was able to fight just about every fighter through Arum but somehow Mayweather can't make a deal with him? Wouldn't that mean Mayweather is the one hard to deal with?

What is the reasoning behind breakdown of negotiations this time that was a deal-breaker for Mayweather?

Not wanting to have the biggest fight of your career because you don't Arum isn't a valid excuse.

Not wanting to have the biggest fight of your career because you don't Arum isn't a valid excuse.

It's not an excuse - it's a reason. Not wanting a former employer whom you have a bad personal relationship with to make tens of millions off the back of you isn't trivial. Plenty of people in all walks of life would be the same. (I might be; I'm stubborn and would cut by own nose off to spite my face.) Is it something a good businessman can get past? Sure. It's all relative to how important the deal (fight, in this instance) is to you personally, and your own financial situation.

But it cuts both ways. Arum could take himself out of the picture by minimising his involvement in any promotion, which he wouldn't want to do. (He's given lip service to it before but anyone who believes a word a promoter says is naive.) Which is understandable as it'd be the last huge promotion of his lifetime. But if it's all about the bottom line then not so much.

It's easy to sit online and pretend to know the ins and outs and "rights and wrongs". But it's mostly all tribalism; mud slinging between two sets of fans. Anyone being objective should be able to see that neither party really wanted the fight five years ago. Certainly not enough to make it happen. Why? Because they didn't need the other then.

But just because one party is no longer in the same position of strength and is supposedly super honestly genuine doesn't mean the fight just happens. The issues now stem from the fallout from those failed negotiations.

I'm trying to figure out who Floyd could fight next if it's not Pac....he kinda backed himself into a corner with this arum shit....How can he fight cotto next when cotto is back with top rank? Plus he's already said that amir kahn is a nobody....it doesnt make much sense that he wouldnt want to make 120 mil just so Bob Arum doesn't get to make a % of Pac's purse....theres def more to it than that.

So wait...Mayweather had no problems with Arum co-promoting the fight 5 years ago, but now in 2015 AFTER Pacquiao has agreed to all terms Arum is now a problem???

Give me a break!

Manny- "I don't know why he won't sign, maybe he's scared to lose."

[YT]h6QpEOIvvy0[/YT]

So wait...Mayweather had no problems with Arum co-promoting the fight 5 years ago, but now in 2015 AFTER Pacquiao has agreed to all terms Arum is now a problem???

Give me a break!

Such an intelligent and insightful post.

I'm trying to figure out who Floyd could fight next if it's not Pac....he kinda backed himself into a corner with this arum shit....How can he fight cotto next when cotto is back with top rank? Plus he's already said that amir kahn is a nobody....it doesnt make much sense that he wouldnt want to make 120 mil just so Bob Arum doesn't get to make a % of Pac's purse....theres def more to it than that.

Cotto isn't promoted by Top Rank.

Calling Khan "a nobody" is trash talk.

Such an intelligent and insightful post.

Cotto isn't promoted by Top Rank.

Calling Khan "a nobody" is trash talk.

I realize it's trash talk, I'm just saying he's gonna look even worse fighting kahn after he admitted he thinks he's nobody...

Who is cotto promoted by? TP promoted his last 2 fights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back