No More White Belts

You had decent points and then i read your sig.....talk about idiotic and childish. Oh wait, you're a blue belt, i guess it's okay then.

I think looking at a belt rank in an MMA forum is retarded guy. GET A LIFE. It's individual people. More then likley children saying stupid shit. People with no combat training is what makes me sick on here. They claim to know from watching but can't tell footwork from a riverdance. Do YOU fall into that category?

These white belts are absolute nonsensical fools compared to the ass clowns that have been posting their nonsensical foolishness for years.

You had decent points and then i read your sig.....talk about idiotic and childish. Oh wait, you're a blue belt, i guess it's okay then.

What's wrong with his sig? It's just a quote from Hughes..
Anyways no matter what you do there will always be trolling and stupid posts. Learn to skip over those posts haha. It's not that bad.

It's not always white belts....

True. And just because someone has white belt status on a website doesn't mean that they aren't knowledgeable. I have been coming to Sherdog for a long time , but I rarely post.

Yeah yeah.. It's not about belts.. I've seen people that seem like the most casual of fans with green belts that they got in a month. I mean I'd like to get rid of the ignorance just as much as you.. Unfortunately I don't think Sherdog will create a test for people to movie up in belts.. (rather than post).

white belts should be able to reply to threads, but not start them.

Maybe cap their replies to 5-7 per day while you are at it.

Earlier today, or yesterday I made a comment about Anderson's next opponent; now most people know it's James. I read these threads and it's white belt after white belt after white belt.

there are people here whose posts i read, but i rarely check names/belts, etc, and quite often there are some great points. but most often it's not a white belt. in fact, whites are often making outlandish/retarded statements.

so i propose a fix, which i'm sure sherdog will never go for, but figured, why not.

either:

1) create another tier of posting, where you can't join unless you have posted X number of times. that won't in and of itself eliminate douchebaggery, but someone will have to work real hard, and take a lot of abuse to achieve the level.

or

2) do not allow white belt posts to appear on chat pages until they've reached X number of posts. meaning, they can read, write, then hit post, but it won't show up. an internal counter will eventually let them know if they've arrived. yes, it's redundant and painful, but if it's worth it you'll do it.

i think (1) is a better option, for many reasons but something has to be done to control the idiot children here.

there's a lot of great stuff getting lost in the shuffle on this board that it makes me want to take my own brand of average stuff elsewhere.

First off, it is DEFINITELY NOT about belts...... Just because some douche bag posts 700 times a week means NOTHING.....check my join date.......and im still a white belt? Those who speak less often shed the most wisdom.

Originally Posted by bruiserbrody View Post

That makes me feel like you should be a blue belt. What are you saying, dude. Do we all need 'crafty' and 'intellectual' MMA quotes or talk on our sig? Sorry I must have forgotten the memo.

Bad argument. Like I'm sure we've all heard before arguing over the internet is like the Special Olympics. Debate if you can.

Earlier today, or yesterday I made a comment about Anderson's next opponent; now most people know it's James. I read these threads and it's white belt after white belt after white belt.

there are people here whose posts i read, but i rarely check names/belts, etc, and quite often there are some great points. but most often it's not a white belt. in fact, whites are often making outlandish/retarded statements.

so i propose a fix, which i'm sure sherdog will never go for, but figured, why not.

either:

1) create another tier of posting, where you can't join unless you have posted X number of times. that won't in and of itself eliminate douchebaggery, but someone will have to work real hard, and take a lot of abuse to achieve the level.

or

2) do not allow white belt posts to appear on chat pages until they've reached X number of posts. meaning, they can read, write, then hit post, but it won't show up. an internal counter will eventually let them know if they've arrived. yes, it's redundant and painful, but if it's worth it you'll do it.

i think (1) is a better option, for many reasons but something has to be done to control the idiot children here.

there's a lot of great stuff getting lost in the shuffle on this board that it makes me want to take my own brand of average stuff elsewhere.

Your idea is contrary to the purpose of a forum, and it's shittier than much of what I read from white belts. Congratulations on that.

That makes me feel like you should be a blue belt. What are you saying, dude. Do we all need 'crafty' and 'intellectual' MMA quotes or talk on our sig? Sorry I must have forgotten the memo.

Bad argument. Like I'm sure we've all heard before arguing over the internet is like the Special Olympics. Debate if you can.

Because he's inferring with the sig quote that Hughes and his brother tag teamed their sister, that's what i was referring to.

I hate whitebelts. Everytime you see a stupid fucking post about tuffers being goats, KJ noons being the best LHW or just pure Crocop, Fedor etc bashing its always a fucking whitebelt with a join date that dosent go past 2 months.

On top of that every dam Time a UFC event is on you get tons of new whitebelts joining the community right after the event making shitty threads and preaching like they've been watching MMA forever.

Last but not least I hate how they think everything outside the UFC is overrated and like how Dana white portrayes himself bigger than the fighters of the org. They cheer for idiots like Kimbo and Attention whores like tito over classy guys like Nog, Machida and Fedor. They are not very open minded at all.

Yes they should be able to post but not making threads. Its 95% troll jobs anyway.

Only thing worse than whitebelts are postwhores. Yes you know who you are.

Not all white belts are retarded. I've been reading these forums for several years and never joined because of crap like that. I've seen people of all belt colors say some pretty stupid stuff. Can't our love be colorblind?

either:

or

Keep makin' dumbass posts like this and they'll make you be a black belt before you can post

This topic has come up before, and I'd have to agree that it's a good idea. A belt color on an internet site does not rate your MMA knowledge, but it does show how much effort someone's put into their reputation on this site. Wading through all the silly posts to get to something worth reading can be annoying with any internet forum.

If anything, it will eliminate the majority of the trolls. But it will also stop a few of the good threads that are started by white belts as well.

If you disagree with the notion of whitebelts starting threads...how about not clicking on them! And when you see a whitebelt respond in a thread...how about skimming over and not reading!
Belt colour means absolutely nothing because the majority of post whores here don't give them any decent response and flame/castigate/insult without ever giving and credence to what they're posting about.
Belt colour is irrelevant. Everybody starts out at the sasme level and eventually has to work their way up. Idiots eventually qualify themselves and give up, or proceed to get higher belts and start threads like this.

Exactly and I've been here longer than a lot of higher belts. Just because I don't post (because these forums rarely have intelligent discussions) as much as you doesn't mean I don't know my MMA. I've been a fan since the first UFC and probably know a lot more about the sport than you do.,,

Agreed.

I hate whitebelts. Everytime you see a stupid fucking post about tuffers being goats, KJ noons being the best LHW or just pure Crocop, Fedor etc bashing its always a fucking whitebelt with a join date that dosent go past 2 months.

On top of that every dam Time a UFC event is on you get tons of new whitebelts joining the community right after the event making shitty threads and preaching like they've been watching MMA forever.

Last but not least I hate how they think everything outside the UFC is overrated and like how Dana white portrayes himself bigger than the fighters of the org. They cheer for idiots like Kimbo and Attention whores like tito over classy guys like Nog, Machida and Fedor. They are not very open minded at all.

Yes they should be able to post but not making threads. Its 95% troll jobs anyway.

Only thing worse than whitebelts are postwhores. Yes you know who you are.

Although i don't really agree with the vitriol in this statement, or the sweeping generalistaion that every white belt is just swinging on Dana White's dangly bits; I do take on board the point that the majority of white belt threads are sub par.

Notice I said the majority of, not all. But in all honesty, people have to start somewhere and on this forum that starting place is white belt.

Now look what this topic's made me do - 2 posts in one day; i'd better slow down

Back