News Noche UFC 2 / UFC 306 will take place in The Sphere Las Vegas on September 14

I look forward to seeing the production value. It seems important to Dana.

Glad it’s a PPV and not just a fight night, probably Grasso vs Shev 3 as the headliner I would assume
I don’t know, they going to keep both on them on the shelf for a year?

Will be sick looking but I'm probably not going to go if the ticket prices are going to be what I think they will be.
For reference, when I went to the Sphere for the 45 minute nature-ish documentary thing, it was like $380 a ticket, so I imagine there won't be a seat under a grand for this one.

Will be sick looking but I'm probably not going to go if the ticket prices are going to be what I think they will be.
For reference, when I went to the Sphere for the 45 minute nature-ish documentary thing, it was like $380 a ticket, so I imagine there won't be a seat under a grand for this one.
Did you enjoy your eperience?

Did you enjoy your eperience?
The visuals were absolutely stunning, for 90% of the show, most impressive screen display I've ever seen. For 10% of the show it was bitching about global warming to make stupid people that don't understand chemical atmospheric make up feel guilty about their "carbon footprint" in a gigantic fuckin ball of LEDs that cost a billion dollars and was under construction by diesel vehicles for 9 months lol.

But the Sphere itself as a display I think is best suited for concerts, I don't see how it'll benefit a fight unless they're throwing some super cool shit in like ref cams, drone cameras, something. If thry just use it as a giant screen to show stats, that would be super disappointing.
I feel Dana is going to throw a lot at it though, as he's the world's biggest fan of gimmicks, so I imagine he's actually had a team working on this a long time.
He was the first to my knowledge to hire a team of visual engineers to work with the MSG guys on creating a custom program for the UFC, as every show at the venue has to be engineered from the ground up. I'm sure he'll be showing off what they can do the literal minute it's ready between his $10k blackjack hands and waffle cereal sandwiches or whatever other slop he shows off.
If the tickets are Tmobile priced and the card is decent, I'll definitely go, but if they're outrageously priced Moreno rematch tickets, I'll catch it at a bar.

The visuals were absolutely stunning, for 90% of the show, most impressive screen display I've ever seen. For 10% of the show it was bitching about global warming to make stupid people that don't understand chemical atmospheric make up feel guilty about their "carbon footprint" in a gigantic fuckin ball of LEDs that cost a billion dollars and was under construction by diesel vehicles for 9 months lol.

But the Sphere itself as a display I think is best suited for concerts, I don't see how it'll benefit a fight unless they're throwing some super cool shit in like ref cams, drone cameras, something. If thry just use it as a giant screen to show stats, that would be super disappointing.
I feel Dana is going to throw a lot at it though, as he's the world's biggest fan of gimmicks, so I imagine he's actually had a team working on this a long time.
He was the first to my knowledge to hire a team of visual engineers to work with the MSG guys on creating a custom program for the UFC, as every show at the venue has to be engineered from the ground up. I'm sure he'll be showing off what they can do the literal minute it's ready between his $10k blackjack hands and waffle cereal sandwiches or whatever other slop he shows off.
If the tickets are Tmobile priced and the card is decent, I'll definitely go, but if they're outrageously priced Moreno rematch tickets, I'll catch it at a bar.
Legit Laughs and waffle sandwiches are delicious

Finally they answered the question I've been asking...the UFC IS holding "UFC Noche" which is "UFC Night" in Spanish. So it's a tribute to Mexican fighters. Every fight is a Mexican vs someone else. My question is, this past weekend was in Mexico but that wasn't Noche. The Noche is in the U.S......

1708899295888.gif1708899295888.gif

Who else tho? The UFC would obviously want a Mexican in a title fight, what other options are there? Yair and Moreno just lost
Ortega vs Topuria is they dont go to spain, I guess

Putting this women fight as the main event of a first iconic event in that place just because they are mexican is crazy

Back