Non-Thread Worthy Boxing News part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bernard Hopkins and entertainment don't belong in the same sentence with each other.

I meant Chavez Jr vs froch. Hopkins is not entertaining and I've never said he is

Are you saying he's "done" but not "finished"? I'm confused as to how much you think this 50-year old has left in the tank.

I'm basing it on the savage beating he just took from Kovalev, but also the last several years during which he's looked slow and awful to me while fighting bums.

When he fought Shumenov I thought it looked like any decent fighter would punish him. He looked so slow and shitty, while still somehow dominating, that I was very close to saying that fight looked fixed.

I said he's done at the highest level but so is Chavez and how old us he? And you can't base hopkins being done on the kovalev fight. Just saying Hopkins offer more to the table than Chavez skill wise. And that says more about Chavez than Hopkins

I said he's done at the highest level but so is Chavez and how old us he? And you can't base hopkins being done on the kovalev fight. Just saying Hopkins offer more to the table than Chavez skill wise. And that says more about Chavez than Hopkins

Chavez was never really at the highest level to begin with. But right now, I'd pick Chavez to beat Hopkins if they fought. That actually would be a good fight for both of them to take because they'd both be paid handsomely for a winnable fight against a popular fighter.

Hopkins didn't suddenly look old against Kovalev, he already looked old and slow for several years. He was just fighting bums who couldn't capitalize on it.

Chavez was never really at the highest level to begin with. But right now, I'd pick Chavez to beat Hopkins if they fought. That actually would be a good fight for both of them to take because they'd both be paid handsomely for a winnable fight against a popular fighter.

Hopkins didn't suddenly look old against Kovalev, he already looked old and slow for several years. He was just fighting bums who couldn't capitalize on it.

I don't know if I agree and I don't agree that Jr would beat Hopkins but hey, just opinions.

I do agree though that it's a fight I would like to see.

I don't know if I agree and I don't agree that Jr would beat Hopkins but hey, just opinions.

I do agree though that it's a fight I would like to see.

I'd pick Chavez with the assumption he'd come in great shape and ready to revitalize his dwindling career. But Hopkins definitely could beat Chavez, especially if Chavez isn't 100% dedicated (because you know Hopkins will be) which is why I think it'd be an interesting fight for him at this point and a lucrative one.

I'm concerned that Hopkins will get hurt very badly if he keeps fighting, he's just so old for a combat athlete at this level. No matter how tough he is, a beating like Kovalev gave him at that age is dangerous.

Nathan Lewkowicz @Nlewkow1

"Gabriel Campillo vs Artur Beterbiev in Canada April 4th. Should be a good one"

Campillo and Kiko Martinez are now with Haymon Promotions.

I'd pick Chavez with the assumption he'd come in great shape and ready to revitalize his dwindling career. But Hopkins definitely could beat Chavez, especially if Chavez isn't 100% dedicated (because you know Hopkins will be) which is why I think it'd be an interesting fight for him at this point and a lucrative one.

I'm concerned that Hopkins will get hurt very badly if he keeps fighting, he's just so old for a combat athlete at this level. No matter how tough he is, a beating like Kovalev gave him at that age is dangerous.

Well that's the thing. I don't think he's able to. Spoiled brats often have problems motivating themselves. Jr is no exception.

If he would come in as a wrecking machine then yeah, be might pull it off but as I said, he hardly would.

I agree that Hopkins should hang them up though. Now or soon.

Nathan Lewkowicz @Nlewkow1

"Gabriel Campillo vs Artur Beterbiev in Canada April 4th. Should be a good one"

Campillo and Kiko Martinez are now with Haymon Promotions.

Hmm, maybe LSC has a live opponent soon to go up against.

Derric Rossy vs Akhror Muralimov plus Mike Lee tonight on CBS sports network.

Says Solis came in at 272 pounds.

Dam Solis look like shit.

i don't think Nipples ever came in that heavy.

Last edited:
Solis vs Andy Ruiz. Winner gets a Red Lobster all you can eat coupon.

Just posted this in the gambling thread. This Tete guy is somebody to watch out for, he was a dog here, too. I'm a fan of Butler but Tete looked great in this fight.

29:50, check the ko out. Sick stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back