Non-thread Worthy Boxing News Part 5

https://talksport.com/sport/1629429...cebook&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1699197048

LIGHT/JUNIOR FLYWEIGHT (108 lbs - 48.99 kg)
WBA: Kenshiro Teraji
WBC: Kenshiro Teraji
IBF: Adrian Curiel def Sivenathi Nontshinga
WBO: Jonathan Gonzalez
The Ring: Hiroto Kyoguchi

Adrian Curiel pulled off a huge upset against Sivenathi Nontshinga on Saturday night with a knockout win.

The pair clashed as Nontshinga looked to defend his IBF light-flyweight title in a routine defence in Monte Carlo, but Curiel had other plans. The 24-year-old South African had to relinquish his world title at the hands of Curiel.

In the second round of the fight, Curiel launched an overhand right that caught Nontshinga right on the chin.

The champion immediately collapsed and fell through the ropes, lying on his back on the canvas unconscious.

This comes despite the fact that Nontshinga was a 1/8 favourite going into the contest.

And the Mexican Curiel had four previous defeats on his record, while Nontshinga was unbeaten.

"It's an absolute dream for me this victory," Curiel said via translation after the fight.

"It's super important for me and my family, it's a victory for Mexico... I spoke to my mother and I said to her, no one's going to beat me tonight."

Last edited:
we all know that drunk guy who can start a fight in a phone box, does hamed even drink?

@Hagler I'm not very knowledgeable on the current French boxing scene, apart from guys like Mbilli, so is there anyone in that article (or not in that article) i should be keeping an eye on?

https://www.boxingscene.com/kevin-l...rolis-on-december-2-picked-up-by-dazn--179091

Not a bad card at all. Kevin Lele Sadjo is a basic version of Mbili but his relentless agression is pretty effective, his career highlight so far was to beat Jack Cullen on short notice in Manchester. Never in a dull fight. Powerful body work. His opponent De Carolis is a crafty old motherfucker, this one could be interesting.

I doubted Oumiha's potential as a pro (he's a 3 time world ammy champion) but his style doesn't translate too bad in pro boxing.

Milan Prat has tons of talent but he wasn't used to get hit back and paid the price in his last bout in Germany. I think he still has potential, he's a boxer-puncher with quick hands and serious power (even if he should add some muscle and cut more weight at 154).

Jkitou is a somehow limited brawler but he's got quite some work ethics and delivers big fights, his brawl against Eggington is a classic IMO.

Overall it should be a decent night with a lively Marseillle crowd.

Not a bad card at all. Kevin Lele Sadjo is a basic version of Mbili but his relentless agression is pretty effective, his career highlight so far was to beat Jack Cullen on short notice in Manchester. Never in a dull fight. Powerful body work. His opponent De Carolis is a crafty old motherfucker, this one could be interesting.

I doubted Oumiha's potential as a pro (he's a 3 time world ammy champion) but his style doesn't translate too bad in pro boxing.

Milan Prat has tons of talent but he wasn't used to get hit back and paid the price in his last bout in Germany. I think he still has potential, he's a boxer-puncher with quick hands and serious power (even if he should add some muscle and cut more weight at 154).

Jkitou is a somehow limited brawler but he's got quite some work ethics and delivers big fights, his brawl against Eggington is a classic IMO.

Overall it should be a decent night with a lively Marseillle crowd.

Thanks for the info man.

Hasanboy Dusmatov fought a few days ago. watch out for him, he's dynamite

Hollywood Fight Nights (boxing) prelimins free on YT.
Main card on ufc fight pass.

IMG_2157.jpeg

Fight Card

Donovan Ruddock 5 James Toney
"Razor" "Lights Out"
delimiter_flipped_lite.png

Abel Mendoza 4 Aristides Perez

Jermaine Bowen 3 Tsetsi Davis
"Silverback"

Donovan Ruddock 2 Juezier Heron
"Razor" "Ironman"

Richard Holmes 1 Jose Agustin Julio
"Frog"

So we do have a new contender for worst decision in 2023. Local prospect Shabaz Masoud beat veteran José Sanmartin via SD in Newcastle. While there's no way on Earth he won that fight he got himself a nice 98-92 card. Lulz.

(I assume the full fight gives a better account of it than the highlights)

Nikita Tszyu fighting Dylan Biggs down in Australia tonight, brother and son of. He's still got a way to go, he does get hit a bit but has great power. I feel he's heading to world class level eventually, he might take an L on the way up though, he fights a bit reckless.

First time I see the poster for I Am Durán. I thought it my interest a few of you.
durant.jpg

ymchaSw.jpg

Tyson Fury is facing a court battle over an alleged unpaid tax bill worth tens of thousands of pounds as the council looks to claw back an unpaid car parking debt.

The Gypsy King, his father John and brother Shane face a £82,000 demand from Cheshire East Council over a £1 million mansion in Styal, Cheshire.

The Furys are reportedly using a plot of land next to the home where their father lives to house caravans and motorhomes.

The case is due to be heard at Chester magistrates’ court on Tuesday.

Gbrhlwp.jpg

Fury could be issued a legal order demanding the family pay up or ultimately face enforcement action from bailiffs knocking on the door of the heavyweight champion.

A Cheshire East Council spokesman said: “The council is taking legal action in respect of a significant business rates debt for a car parking premises in Styal. The council has a duty to pursue debt to protect the public purse. This is particularly important at a time of such financial pressures. As this matter is subject to court proceedings it would not be appropriate to comment further.”

John Fury, dad to world heavyweight champion Tyson and top influencer boxer Tommy, has revealed he smashed a man's head off a pool table during a row.

... the elder Fury has told all in a new book When Fury Takes Over . In one particularly outlandish story, he has told of how one feud over an unpaid debt led to him smashing a man's head into a pool table while looking for his payment.

John Fury is never one to stay out of the headlines and this week he has threatened to end a boxer’s career if he doesn’t pay his debts.

The father of WBC champion, Tyson Fury, says he made a bet with KSI over the winner of the fight with another one of his son’s, Tommy.

The head of the Fury family claimed the YouTuber-turned-boxer owed him £200,000 after suffering a points decision defeat against ‘TNT’.

Now, speaking to iFL TV, ‘Big John’ seems deadly serious about collecting his alleged winnings, threatening to hound KSI until payment is made:

PCBsx9B.jpg

“He will pay because I won’t leave him alone! He’s got to pay me because he called the bet on.

He said it was chump change to him and he would give it to charity if he won. If he’d won I’d of paid him and he could have given it to who he wanted. He lost and he’s got to man up and pay because I will not let this go, I’ll hound him to death.

So there you go, pay up! You wanted the bet in the first place, be a man. You were a sore loser when you got pipped on the night but you’re going to pay this money otherwise I’ll never leave you alone, I will ruin your career. I’m on you like a dog on a rabbit so don’t worry about that, pay up!”

Charlie Z threatened to beat my ass via zoom today. true story

Yo how do you imbed twitter/x posts these days?

Back