Noomi Rapace Plays 7 Identical Sisters in WHAT HAPPEND TO MONDAY (Aug. 19 on Netflix)

If you have seen WHAT HAPPENED TO MONDAY, how would you rate it?

• 7 - Pretty Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5 - Average

• 4 - Poor

• 3 - Bad

• 2 - Terribad

• Total voters
Just finished it and well... Interesting concept that goes cliche and doesn't deliver.

Meh with a bit of shit.

Big fan of Noomi.

In.

Not a bad movie, but basically dystopian future tropes: the movie. They had a good concept that they should have spent more time on and too many cliches that they should have averted or twisted into something new.

7 identical sisters?

Octomum?

Sounds shit regardless.

61% on RT. I'm disappointed to see that what I thought looked like a potentially awesome movie may actually be pretty middling.

I saw it and it was a pretty decent sci-fi dystopian thriller. I like the music, kept things lively. I'd give the movie a 6.5 to 7 rating.

Wish Rooney Mara was the star instead of Noomi though.

Wish Rooney Mara was the star instead of Noomi though.

1. How come?

2. What the fuck happened to Rooney Mara? It seemed like she burned bright for a minute and then faded out quickly. I couldn't tell you the last thing she was in. Seems like Hollywood cooled on her pretty quickly.

when does it release? I'll give it a look.

1. How come?

2. What the fuck happened to Rooney Mara? It seemed like she burned bright for a minute and then faded out quickly. I couldn't tell you the last thing she was in. Seems like Hollywood cooled on her pretty quickly.
1. I just find Noomi's beauty off-putting most of the time and I love looking at Rooney's face. I think the siblings are 30 years of age and Noomi looks old and unconvincing as a 30 year old.

2. I don't agree. She might not be starring in high-profile blockbuster films but she's still very much active.

37zrfbe.jpg

It was released August 19 on Netflix.

Netflix can go fuck themselves, I'm cancelling my sub today.

I get fuck all from Netflix in Asia. Everytime I hear about something I want to watch I can't get it here.

2. I don't agree. She might not be starring in high-profile blockbuster films but she's still very much active.

37zrfbe.jpg

Now that I really look at her filmography, I probably overestimated the number of big films she was in. But it seemed around the time that she was in Dragon Tattoo that she was hot shit and was going to get "the push." And by the push, I mean when Hollywood is constantly putting you in big films where they're going to make sure audiences know those films are coming out and they're going to make sure that audiences know that you are in them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I watched this one last night. And maybe it's because the 61% RT score and all the less-than-enthusiastic comments ITT lowered my expectations, but I actually thought it was pretty good.

Sure, it does have some cliche elements, but the story also struck me as relatively fresh and original. And while there were a few twists and turns that made me roll my eyes a bit, I felt like the surprisingly complex plot adds more meat to the bone than I was expecting in terms of story.

Probably the most important thing to do is to go in understanding that it's less an action movie, than it is a movie with action. There are only a small handful of key action scenes, rather than wall-to-wall fighting and gunplay. But I think that actually works to the film's credit.

Noomi Rapace is incredible here. And I really do mean FUCKING INCREDIBLE. She plays seven different characters, all of whom are on-screen together in a handful of scenes, and not only does it look pretty seamless from a technical standpoint, but Noomi is able to handle it and still give natural performances across the board.

All in all, I thought it was quite a solid thriller with an interesting concept, well-staged action set-pieces, and a narrative that goes in some unexpected directions.

7.5/10

Not watched this yet, but did they not miss a trick in having Tatiana Maslany do as she has been doing in Orphan Black do the multiple characters thing?

Yet another reason to hate Mondays....
i really like that actress. Interesting face and she pulled off the characters well. My favorite was Thursday(?) ( the buff one).

Yet another reason to hate Mondays....
i really like that actress. Interesting face and she pulled off the characters well. My favorite was Thursday(?) ( the buff one).
Thursday was the rebel. Wednesday was the workout addict.

Back