Not exercising worse for your health than smoking, diabetes and heart disease, study reveals

Oh ya then why does GSP have two busted ACL’s and colitis up his ass??
Exercising is healthy, but when competing for the top it gets unhealthy by the volume of work and what you put in your body to achieve it.

Most serious non-competition lifters are actually healthier than fighters I train with. Joint wise and organ wise I mean.

And another study will come out in a few weeks saying it's not good to exercise too much.

There are too many studies today and just about all are conflicting.

I don't really see that as conflicting though. Do some, but don't do too much. Sounds like the answer to pretty much everything in life.

What I'm saying is these studies on health are all over the place and not even properly vetted. They'll say coffee is not good for you and then a few weeks later, they'll say coffee is good for you.

You can cherry pick what study you like whenever you want to suit your lifestyle and to convince yourself you're living well.

Yea they are.

Milk is good...

No it's bad...

Wine is healthy...

Well not quite...

You'll never read a study condemning physical activity though. That's consistent. If you do find one, please send it to me.

98ca4jk.jpg

Does fapping count as exercise? A friend wants to know if that's cardio.
Depends on how many guys your ‘friend’ is fapping off at once.

cool. i feel a lot better now knowing that i biked 40 miles this morning.

So basicaly, eat a healthy varied diet and keep reasonably fit with moderate exercise, who would of thought.

Ground breaking stufg

Yea they are.

Milk is good...

No it's bad...

Wine is healthy...

Well not quite...

You'll never read a study condemning physical activity though. That's consistent. If you do find one, please send it to me.

They're interpreting data-sets, extrapolating cause and effect.

New data-sets lead them in new directions.

Just live your damn life genetics is all that matters

Atlanta, Georgia (CNN)We've all heard exercise helps you live longer. But a new study goes one step further, finding that a sedentary lifestyle is worse for your health than smoking, diabetes and heart disease.

Dr. Wael Jaber, a cardiologist at the Cleveland Clinic and senior author of the study, called the results "extremely surprising."

"Being unfit on a treadmill or in an exercise stress test has a worse prognosis, as far as death, than being hypertensive, being diabetic or being a current smoker," Jaber told CNN. "We've never seen something as pronounced as this and as objective as this."

Jaber said researchers must now convey the risks to the general population that "being unfit should be considered as strong of a risk factor as hypertension, diabetes and smoking -- if not stronger than all of them."
"It should be treated almost as a disease that has a prescription, which is called exercise," he said.

Full story below

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/19/health/study-not-exercising-worse-than-smoking/index.html
I fucking believe this. I quit smoking last year, but prior to that I've been training and smoking since 2008. I would smoke before warm ups, smoke after drills, smoke each and after sparring session. My cardio was through the roof. I quit smoking and training, now I feel like shit.

I fucking believe this. I quit smoking last year, but prior to that I've been training and smoking since 2008. I would smoke before warm ups, smoke after drills, smoke each and after sparring session. My cardio was through the roof. I quit smoking and training, now I feel like shit.

I quit smoking when I started judo. I simply could not do both.

Back