Social Not fair’: World cycling bronze medalist cries foul after transgender woman wins gold

Hey man, just because you don't know WTF you're talking about doesn't mean everyone else is clueless. It doesn't take a degree in biology to know that if someone "transitions" at age 20 and starts taking estrogen, that doesn't negate the 20 years of them developing as a man, especially going through puberty as a man.

Just because someone takes hormones and lowers their T to acceptable levels of competition doesn't mean their benefit of 20 years of testosterone-fueled muscle development, bone density development and reflex development is negated.

This is what I’m talking about right here. How the fuck would you even know?

That’s not a rhetorical question. I want to know how someone would know.

Am I the only person who knows I don’t have the knowledge to weigh in on this. I have no idea if it is unfair or not. After taking estrogen for a while, I am guessing you eventually just become a full on woman sans the genetalia. But I don’t know. And I don’t think anyone else here really knows either. I’m sure you have all read a lot of Wikipedia though. But is anyone in here an actual biologist or does anyone even have a BS in biology here?

Not a 100% direct comparison, but consider this: https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/2568...ner-commonwealth-games-hyperandrogenism-wife/

Watch the video at the bottom by the way. I've seen other races where she's winning by just as large a margin of victory. It literally looks like she's cruising in comparison to some of the girls in other races too.

Something else to read: https://olympics.nbcsports.com/2018/04/26/iaaf-gender-rules-track-and-field/

The bronze medalist apologized because this dude takes meds that limit his testosterone levels. Like that's supposed to be enough to make him at the same level as the woman competitors. It's a joke.

Did he limit the hemoglobin in the bloodstream? It's cycling - these people are fucking scientists when it comes to oxygen transfer. Just ask Lance. There is no doubt this dude bikes with a quantifiable advantage.

This is what I’m talking about right here. How the fuck would you even know?

That’s not a rhetorical question. I want to know how someone would know.
1. It's common knowledge that the average man is bigger, stronger and faster than the average woman. You don't need a degree in biology to know that. You can do 5 seconds of research and find a study that supports this.

2. That must mean that from birth, males are developing in a way to make them bigger, stronger and faster than their female counterparts because of the differences in our physiology.

3. A 20 year-old male has 20 years of developing with the male physiological advantages. Do you think a few months or even a few years of injecting estrogen is going to counteract that?

Even if you don't know the specifics, you can just observe society and see men are clearly bigger, stronger and faster than women.

Last edited:
For those of you in doubt about the advantage - here: https://medlineplus.gov/ency/article/003645.htm

Re: Hemoglobin --- "Normal results for adults vary, but in general are: Male: 13.8 to 17.2 grams per deciliter (g/dL) or 138 to 172 grams per liter (g/L) Female: 12.1 to 15.1 g/dL or 121 to 151 g/L.Feb 18, 2018"

What does this mean? My quick sherdog math tells me that in a cardio sport like cycling, a 40th percentile male has a quantifiable advantage over a 100th percentile female.

Good!

We actually need more of this happening before people wake up and realize "this makes no fuckin' sense!"

Let women never win another physical competition again and they'll get the picture.

I hear the Trump administration is getting rid of this faux gender b.s. and that's good news to me!

<{walkerwhut}>

Why were you on r/Feminist to begin with?

This.

Besides, if you DON'T get banned from that sub (or pages like that) you're doing something wrong. Meaning you're just agreeing with any of their delusions. At some point these people know they're not making any sense.

Transgenders should be in the special olympics. They generally would fit right in.

Exactly. Enough of this arbitrary, white-male imposed, patriarchal divisions between males, females and other in sports. True progress and equality means all genders and sexes competing against each other. There are no men's or women's divisions there is only a single peoplekind division.

I realize I just wrote "peoplekind division" which is probably offensive <Eek2.0>. The word division should not be used in a perfect egalitarian utopia. Peoplekind league or Peoplekind gathering are much more suitable and far less likely to offend people.

I'll admit there is an overabundance on the usage of the word, but no worse than "homophobia", "islamaphobia", etc.

It's been degraded to a general colloquialism. But asserting that it's a word that denotes mental illness under the impression that "-phobia" is an inherently medical term is disingenuous.
Its almost like those people haven't heard of the term hydrophobic. Trust me, its not an irrational fear of water...
One of these things just ain't like the other ones, ain't like the other ones, ain't like the other ones. Look at the difference in the legs alone. Sad that the bronze medalist felt she had to apologize.
rachel-mckinnon-2-Twitter.jpg
Came here to say this, there's an obvious physical difference there.

Let's just have TG divisions.

Womens
Mens
Women to Mens
Mens to Womens

Then the Olympics that already take too fucking long can take twice as long.

Plus, we will have a hell of a time watching people change genders back and forth to become 'multi gender champsions'

Let's just have TG divisions.

Womens
Mens
Women to Mens
Mens to Womens

Then the Olympics that already take too fucking long can take twice as long.

Plus, we will have a hell of a time watching people change genders back and forth to become 'multi gender champsions'

Conor might be able to pick up another belt.

Chicks with dicks and men with tits just seize to exist. The world is over with.

Back