Not the Official Stop the White Belts Petition Thread

There will be newbs in everything that happens on this planet. It's the way the cookie crumbles.

Everyone here was a white belt at one time. Trolls are great at any belt color. And anyone here who doesn't think they're not a troll at some level is just kidding themselves. I would suggest ts you not take your self so seriously, it is only the Internets after all. Lastly for someone who has been around since 2002 ought to know this thread topic has been done to death - wasteland.

Even a month ago, I would have been against this, but lately I have seen a flux of white belt troll threads from accounts created within a week of the thread date.

What if the WHITE Belt is a member since lets say 2004 and has under a 100 posts.

Last edited:
I have been a member of this website since it was first created a decade ago...

Join the petition...down with white belts!!!

I would be amazed if it turns out you never started a thread as a whitebelt.
How about people that have some interesting information or questions and don't sign up because they can not share directly.

Only thing I see working is banning ip addresses for a LIMITED amount of time. A week or so.

Last edited:
Just a question, How do they get to yellow belt if they can't post?

In case you're serious...

What T/S is saying is White Belts can post, they just can't start threads.

Me personally, I think a 50 post minimum or 90 days, what ever comes first to start threads.

But stopping white belts from creating threads would surely cut the number of people that could be bothered to build up an account to troll. Wouldn't stop it but would reduce it.
Sounds like a great idea to me.
It would.
It would also discourage new people with genuine knowledge, insight and interest to sign up.
It would also cause a large increase of bs posts from whitebelts for the sake of being able to start threads.

I see stupid threads created by people of all belt colors (this one included). Belt color and post count has never equated to experience or knowledgeability of the sport, only how much time you spend posting. More posts =/= better quality user.

As of late, there has been an extraordinary amount of threads started by people with less than 10 post that are dumb as hell.

This has clogged up the boards with a bunch of bull.

Right before the Jones fight it was completely out of control.

Sure you don't have to read them but you don't know until you click on them what's up.

At one point nearly 90% of the first page was clogged with under 10 post thread starters.

I see stupid threads created by people of all belt colors (this one included). Belt color and post count has never equated to experience or knowledgeability of the sport, only how much time you spend posting. More posts =/= better quality user.

You are not one of the folks we are talking about. You have a lot of history on Sherdog regardless of your post count (evidently and a life).

I have been a member of this website since it was first created a decade ago and times have definitely changed. Being a MMA fan 10 years ago was a lot different than it is now, while its great that TUF brought the sport to the common eye it also unfortunately attracted a lot of the "trolls" we see plaguing these forums now. Sherdog mods do a decent job of banning these people but unfortunately allow them to just re-register with a new username and continue on with their trolling (whats the point of banning if someone can come right back).

Anytime we see a thread title that makes us shake our heads...95% of the time its by a white belt. I think a lot of the clutter and useless threads can be averted if sherdog changes its policy by making it so someone has to be at a certain post count before creating threads. Sure someone could probably spam for a few days and get there but chances are a mod will catch them and ban them. Even if a few sneak by its still WAY better than the current epidemic we have.

I enjoy talking about MMA, I dont want to sift through 10 pages of garbage to see one actual intelligent MMA conversation going on.

Does TUF actually bring in new people nowadays? I saw mma before TUF 1, but that was a big part of getting me into it. Am i a TUF noob?

I have nothing against whitebelts, people are people.

However, I do agree you shouldn't be able to make a thread as one.

It would cut down on a lot of pointless trolling and dumb threads.

I'm a brown belt and my threads are much worse than a lot of white belts'...

There are plenty of white belts that provide valuble insight and half the time theyre still a white belt due to being more of a lurker. Like myself unless im feeling talkative and opinionated i prefer to just read. Though i agree a lot of stupid threads are from white belts the intelligent ones shouldnt be punished

I agree with the OP but its fun to belittle stupid whitebelts in their own threads and sometimes troll threads by whitebelts are pretty funny which lightens up the mood.

I have been a member of this website since it was first created a decade ago and times have definitely changed. Being a MMA fan 10 years ago was a lot different than it is now, while its great that TUF brought the sport to the common eye it also unfortunately attracted a lot of the "trolls" we see plaguing these forums now. Sherdog mods do a decent job of banning these people but unfortunately allow them to just re-register with a new username and continue on with their trolling (whats the point of banning if someone can come right back).

Anytime we see a thread title that makes us shake our heads...95% of the time its by a white belt. I think a lot of the clutter and useless threads can be averted if sherdog changes its policy by making it so someone has to be at a certain post count before creating threads. Sure someone could probably spam for a few days and get there but chances are a mod will catch them and ban them. Even if a few sneak by its still WAY better than the current epidemic we have.

I enjoy talking about MMA, I dont want to sift through 10 pages of garbage to see one actual intelligent MMA conversation going on.

i read the title of the thread. didn't read the rest of the nonsense. i guess what you are saying is no more new membership to this website? ban

I have been a member of this site for nearly 3 years and lurking for another 2 before that.

Is my opinion less valid than someone who has 5,000 posts? All it says to me is that they have a lot of leisure time.

Maybe in another 3 years I will be nearly at 200 posts...Will I still be a white belt? Who gives a s...

cant remember if it was a white belt, but the thread about banning the touching of gloves was pretty ridiulous

Back