Crime NYPD Officer Murdered By Man With 21 Prior Arrests

]
That might be true for petty crimes like shoplifting or fare evasion but I doubt there are murders and aggravated assaults that go unreported.

I don't think anyone is claiming that we suddenly became benevolent as much as the claim is that whatever set of factors that decreased crime from its peak in the 90s is still at work despite some hiccups along the way.

It is interesting that the NYPD reports that while crime is down 2.9% but arrests are up 5.7%. This circles back to maybe crimes are being committed, but local prosecutors are not prosecuting all they could be. This is comparing Jan 24 to Jan 23. It also said December 2023 was higher than December 2022.

This article comparing 2022 to 2023 also states that while murders and rapes are down, assaults, stabbings, theft are all up

No, it wasn't. It was in fact much less safe in nearly every category of crime.

Hahahahahaha…

I’m sure the National Guard was brought in for no reason

When the data you’re citing is false and doesn’t match reality

Bail reform…. Garbage

Criminals > Innocent citizens

lol at you clowns defending this shit

They are smart people and they know this when they say "But Crimes are Lower" but it doesn't fit their narrative but the majority of Americans aren't buying what they are selling because they see whats happening with their own eyes.

Certain people want to bury their head in the dirt and parrot the BS numbers they are fed when it is blatantly obvious they are not connected to reality.

You don't even have to be smart to see there is something massively wrong today. Once extremely active, vibrant areas of the some of our formerly greatest cities now resemble the set of a zombie apocalypse with all the buildings that once contained stores, restaurants, etc are just empty shells and the sidewalks that used to be full of people going in an out of the stores, walking to and from work, or tourist exploring the city are replaced with homeless so messed up on drugs they barely resemble a human.

In my neighborhood in LA they finally cleaned up the infamous Venice/Sepulveda homeless cesspool but due to the extreme shortage of police officers and very little prosecution of crimes we are seeing an even scarier trend happening with increasingly advanced, organized crime committing very efficient home invasion burglaries very frequently even in broad daylight.

It is interesting that the NYPD reports that while crime is down 2.9% but arrests are up 5.7%. This circles back to maybe crimes are being committed, but local prosecutors are not prosecuting all they could be. This is comparing Jan 24 to Jan 23. It also said December 2023 was higher than December 2022.

Or it could signal that increased arrests are leading to criminals thinking twice about committing certain crimes.
This article comparing 2022 to 2023 also states that while murders and rapes are down, assaults, stabbings, theft are all up

That more or less aligns with what I guessed in my earlier post though in fairness it feels inappropriate to call a stabbing a "petty crime."

Last edited:
https://www.nyc.gov/site/nypd/stats/crime-statistics/historical.page

Facts don't care about your feelings buddy.

You're factually wrong. The end.
Giuliani_crime_rate.png

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rudy_Giuliani#Mayoralty

Try again, homeboy. You don't know shit.

Or it could signal that increased arrests are leading to criminals thinking twice about committing certain crimes.

That more or less aligns with what I guessed in my earlier post though in fairness it feels inappropriate to calla stabbing a "petty crime."

I also think the lady in the other thread getting sucker punched and ending up with a jaw fracture a “minor assault”. People have died from the knockout game, at least one that I recall. Attempted murder IMO, or at least felony assault.

I also think the lady in the other thread getting sucker punched and ending up with a jaw fracture a “minor assault”. People have died from the knockout game, at least one that I recall. Attempted murder IMO, or at least felony assault.
In some jurisdictions I think aggravated assault requires use of a weapon or intent to commit a felony so maybe for technical reasons that's why.

Last edited:
not sure why it is supposed to be extra sad when it is a cop who gets killed. i can think of a lot more tragic victims. in 20 years this country is going to be a 3rd world nation

"Extra sad"?

Are you that dumb that you think that the big takeaway here is that it was a cop being murdered? And not that the point is that the piece of shit that did it shouldn't have been breathing free air and allowed to kill ANYONE? It wouldn't be "less sad" if the maggot killed a school teacher or accountant or a plumber, dumb shit.

In some jurisdictions I think aggravated assault requires use of a weapon or intent to commit a felony so maybe for technical reasons that's why.

I checked and in NYC, it comes down to severity of injury. They say misdemeanor assault, which the guy was charged with and released, is if you punch someone and they felt pain, but no substantial injury, just bruising, etc.

The felony on the other hand is “causing serious physical injury”, which I would call a broken jaw that needs to be wired shut.

Says the district attorney should seek Mandatory Minimum 2 years in jail

Hahahahahaha…

I’m sure the National Guard was brought in for no reason

When the data you’re citing is false and doesn’t match reality

Bail reform…. Garbage

Criminals > Innocent citizens

lol at you clowns defending this shit

What evidence do you in have that the statistics are false? I'd love to hear it.

What evidence do you in have that the statistics are false? I'd love to hear it.

"False" might be the wrong word, but you obviously realize how statistics can be misleading.

In other words, do less arrests and convictions necessarily mean crime has gone down? Of course not. It could easily mean (for a variety of reasons) more criminals are just getting away with it.

"False" might be the wrong word, but you obviously realize how statistics can be misleading.

In other words, do less arrests and convictions necessarily mean crime has gone down? Of course not. It could easily mean (for a variety of reasons) more criminals are just getting away with it.

And do you have evidence that is what's leading to these huge declines in crime?

Are they also arresting people less often for murder and rape?

I could just as easily theorize that more people are getting caught due to advanced in technology over the last years.

Crimes can't go up if they aren't reported or convicted or prosecuted.

It's why:
  1. Murder is used as a representative sample for crime since you can't hide bodies
  2. The National Crime Victimization Survey is used for national crime statistics as opposed to NIBRS.

This thread is like listening to a Dude saying he doesn't beat he wife as much as he used to but the women actually stopped calling the cops and they stopped checking on her.....But yep he beats her less than he used to.

And do you have evidence that is what's leading to these huge declines in crime?

Are they also arresting people less often for murder and rape?

I could just as easily theorize that more people are getting caught due to advanced in technology over the last years.

I'm not claiming necessarily in a specific place that's what's happening, simply that these statistics can be misleading. For example, what metric are they using? Arrests? Convictions? Just reports? I honestly don't know, and I'd imagine it varies depending on what story is attempting to be told.

If laws are changed to where what was once a violent felony is now a misdemeanor, someone could (while technically being truthful) say "We've seen a massive decrease in violent felonies over the past x number of years!" That's just one example.

This is all stuff I'm quite sure you already know. DA's choose not to prosecute in cases where that's clearly bad for the public.

I'm not claiming necessarily in a specific place that's what's happening, simply that these statistics can be misleading. For example, what metric are they using? Arrests? Convictions? Just reports? I honestly don't know, and I'd imagine it varies depending on what story is attempting to be told.

If laws are changed to where what was once a violent felony is now a misdemeanor, someone could (while technically being truthful) say "We've seen a massive decrease in violent felonies over the past x number of years!" That's just one example.

This is all stuff I'm quite sure you already know. DA's choose not to prosecute in cases where that's clearly bad for the public.
If someone is citing the stats as is and this is your claim I think the onus is on you to provide evidence for your claim.

By all accounts serious crime is down. If you read the article you'd know this officer is the first to be killed on duty since 2022. Do you think other officers got killed in that timeframe and the city is covering it up or is it more likely that its true?

Back