Occams Razor predicts Diaz The Winner over Pettis

I think Pettis stops Diaz and does it relatively easily tbh

How about

1) Diaz is susceptible to leg kicks
2) Pettis is a good kicker

+ Nate will bleed even faster than Pettis
Yep and we can rely on diaz to not adapt from ANY of his losses or near wins.

Blueprint to beat a diaz has been done. Thats why its hilarious that conor struggles with him.

Diaz has no power.
Pettis will KO him.
Occam is a stupid dude.

occams razor is the principle that basically eliminates overly complicated and presumptuous arguments or scenarios.

Arguments under this are generally much more simple and to the point and most of all more likely to happen.

Here are the main premises in this fight for Diaz

1) Diaz is the supreme striker here in terms of boxing skills. Leg kicks or not, he will hit Pettis and will likely hit him many times tomorrow night

2) Pettis has a paper skinned face. Especially lately. People seem to forget how easily this guy cuts.

It may be overly simplistic but under these two premises it is hard to see thus any other way despite Pettis’s unpredictability and showtime character.

I believe under this argument, Pettis will succumb or be forced to surrender this fight.

In the 3rd round Imho.

Let us revisit

You know nothing about Occam's razor, it doesn't work as you seem to think and can't be used to predict a fight between to close fighters, Occam's razor can be used if we need to choose the probably outcome in the fight between a decision or a draw because both fighters got KOed at the same time

One thing no one is talking about is the fact that Nate Diaz has a 4 inch reach advantage. To me, as a taller fighter myself, this is a bigger advantage than leg kicks and whatnot.

Both your premises are terrible

Simple saying diaz is a better striker isnt an argument, and diaz out of anyone has been shown to cut easy, he has tons of scar tissue
You honestly think Pettis has the ability to cut Diaz the same way vice versa?

How about

1) Diaz is susceptible to leg kicks
2) Pettis is a good kicker

+ Nate will bleed even faster than Pettis

I agree with your much simpler and accurate application of Occam's Razor.

I think if Occam was a betting man he would put his money on the favorite every time...Pettis in this case...

Who is Occam Razor?

is he somehow related to Curtis "Razor" Blaydes ??

Lol... Occam's razor... usually used when you have two competing arguments explaining the same thing. Not just stating some shit. But still the best/most entertaining thread in a while (according to occam's razor with the argument that it is).

Eh, under Occam's Razor Pettis would probably be the winner, actually.

1. Pettis is normally around the caliber of fighter that beats Diaz.

2. Pettis has a larger skill set than Nate does - he's a more diverse striker and he has better footwork. Nate's better with his hands, but Pettis is better with his feet and he can work Nate from a lot of angles. Plus he excels at what is arguably Nate's biggest weakness, which are leg kicks. Both men have strong Ju-Jitsu games, so that cancels each other out.

3. Nate isn't the most defensive minded cat in the game, so that might allow Showtime to get off some flashy maneuvers on Nate that could win points with the judges. Nate's defense and Wonderboy's defense are like night and day compared to each other.

4. Nate is pillow fisted, so it's unlikely he'll TKO Pettis within a three round fight. Pettis' cardio should hold up long enough within that time frame to beat Diaz as well.

5. Nate hasn't fought in three years; who knows if that could play a factor or not.
This *is* an interesting fight for a bunch of reasons.
I like both fighters, but forced to make a pick I'm going to have to say Anthony Pettis gets this fight done.
He is battle-hardened and has a varied striking offense and he went thru the fire against Wonderboy and also Ferguson (one one, lost one) so...blah blah.... Pettis gets the win during a prolonged and bloody war with Nate.

ps. pumped that Nate Diaz is back in the Octagon! I think Saturday's PPV is the most exciting on paper, generally, for quite a while.

Occam's Razor in this fight = leg kicks

And Nate's boxeo is brutally overrated
I think pettis’s leg kicks will be highly overrated here especially against Nate’s boxing combined w that reach advantage. More cases than not people seem to think leg kicks are the end all when I can think of a handful of fights where leg kicks decided a fight the way zealots here seem to think.

Once Anthony gets plastered he won’t be leg kicking as much. We’ve seen this time and time again in many fights where the leg kicker was supposed to dominate a handsy opponent

Lol... Occam's razor... usually used when you have two competing arguments explaining the same thing. Not just stating some shit. But still the best/most entertaining thread in a while (according to occam's razor with the argument that it is).
Thank you. I was being creative

One thing no one is talking about is the fact that Nate Diaz has a 4 inch reach advantage. To me, as a taller fighter myself, this is a bigger advantage than leg kicks and whatnot.
Not really because Pettis can still kick farther then Nate can punch

As a huge fan of low kicks in MT/kickboxing, I've learned my lesson: they rarely are decisive in MMA fights. If you are ever banking on a guy getting a W with low kicks, you are up against bad odds.

Not sure who this clown is, there’s only one guy named Razor.
9C2DEB91-BD9F-4B0A-A046-9A459C55CDFC.jpeg

occams razor is the principle that basically eliminates overly complicated and presumptuous arguments or scenarios.

Arguments under this are generally much more simple and to the point and most of all more likely to happen.

Here are the main premises in this fight for Diaz

1) Diaz is the supreme striker here in terms of boxing skills. Leg kicks or not, he will hit Pettis and will likely hit him many times tomorrow night

2) Pettis has a paper skinned face. Especially lately. People seem to forget how easily this guy cuts.

It may be overly simplistic but under these two premises it is hard to see thus any other way despite Pettis’s unpredictability and showtime character.

I believe under this argument, Pettis will succumb or be forced to surrender this fight.

In the 3rd round Imho.

Let us revisit

1. Pettis is the better striker than Nate

2. Nate is susceptible to leg kicks, which Pettis is great at.

Back