Social Office space trends

Companies would like to have bigger yearly costs due to bills they will have to pay for renting office spaces ?
Dinosaurs are still high in the corporative ladder.

It will all change when all the millennials and centennial snowflakes take control.

A lot of people lie and claim they're more productive from home but aren't.
It varies.

I have 3 girls working under my supervision

1st one works better from her home. Starts earlier and is super productive. She talks a lot the days we work at the office and her performance goes down (is still good tho).

2nd is the same. Works just as good from her house than the office. Only difference is that she complains about everything and it's not the same to deal with it via Teams and in person.

3rd is a mess from her house. She literally disappears for hours and. She is stil bad but less of a disaster at the office too. I expect to have her removed from her job by the end of the year.

I think I work better from home since I want to finish my work ASAP so I have free time.

Luckily I work in an industry that has such high talent competition that companies are using remote work as a bargaining chip.

As for productivity, my work has a huge "stop and go" pace to it. When work comes in, I have to move fast as others are depending on me to pass the work onto other teams. But when I'm all caught up, there isn't much to do.

I have to admit, when I was in the office, I spent WAAAAAAY more time on Sherdog, since cruising the internet is really the only thing to do on the downtime (that, or distract teammates when they have work <45>). Don't get me wrong, I still spend a good chunk of time on here now (if only to browse), but at least my options for how I spend my downtime is much greater now. As long as I'm equally productive when the work I do shows up, it's all good.

It varies.

I have 3 girls working under my supervision

1st one works better from her home. Starts earlier and is super productive. She talks a lot the days we work at the office and her performance goes down (is still good tho).

2nd is the same. Works just as good from her house than the office. Only difference is that she complains about everything and it's not the same to deal with it via Teams and in person.

3rd is a mess from her house. She literally disappears for hours and. She is stil bad but less of a disaster at the office too. I expect to have her removed from her job by the end of the year.

I think I work better from home since I want to finish my work ASAP so I have free time.

Do you have pics?

I don't know anyone that is more productive at home
I appreciate you don't know me, but without a doubt, I am more productive at home.

That said, if I were to take the company's I've worked for as a whole, I believe they would likely be more successful if the vast majority of people worked from the office, most of the time. There is so much that comes from interacting with your peers in person.

No more free government money...

It's hard to imagine a less interesting thread topic.

Back