Officer Mohamed Noor faces murder charge in Australian woman's shooting death

Ah...forgot you're clairvoyant. Your post is just fucking stupid, kid. Making up scenarios that don't happen is kinda weak, no ?

Weren't there only 2 officers on the scene during the incident ? How, pray tell, is anybody else supposed to testify to events they didn't witness ?
Maybe his partner didn't want to testify against him because he's a fellow officer? Or maybe other officers didn't want to testify on the quality of their training that possibly led to this incident?

I don't know, nor do I really care tbh. I just like to see cops charged for their crimes and to add a snarky comment.

<{Heymansnicker}>

So the black cop shoots a blonde white woman and he gets done. But all the white cops shooting blacks get away with it. I am shocked
Name all the ones where the person shot wasn’t in the act of committing a crime.

Maybe his partner didn't want to testify against him because he's a fellow officer?

I don't know, not do I really care tbh. I just like to see cops charged for their crimes.

Possible. Guy probably had no clue what happened considering the circumstances. Is it his partner that's refusing to cooperate ? I don't think it is.

I have no problem seeing bad police charged. At all. I hope this guy fries. Truly heart breaking shit.

Name all the ones where the person shot wasn’t in the act of committing a crime.

To be fair there are certainly unjustified shootings just not nearly as many as some of these guys want to believe. Fact is the majority are shot while committing violence against an officer or involved in a violent act when shot.

To be fair there are certainly unjustified shootings just not nearly as many as some of these guys want to believe. Fact is the majority are shot while committing violence against an officer or involved in a violent act when shot.
That’s correct. Of the 1000 or so death by cops per year, a small percentage of those killed are unarmed. And most are White.

Good thing, if you can't prosecute a muslim immigrant cop shooting a unarmed white woman in her PJs, basically cops can shoot anyone at anytime.

A murder charge ..
Too many cops get acquitted on jury trials though. So no reason to get hopes up that justice will be served.

That’s correct. If the 1000 or so death by cops per year, a small percentage are of those killed are unarmed. And most are White.

It's important to note that "unarmed" people kill @ 660 people a year. So if some "unarmed" cretin is fighting a cop and gets lit up...fuck em

That said...we have to be fair and also call out bad shootings

Google police convictions. Plenty of results. Facts matter.
And plenty of cases in the news of officers being acquitted or not indicted. Like the guy in the hotel who was on the floor pleading for his life or the Akai Gurley case or the grand jury not indicting the cop who put Eric Garner in a choke hold.

th

School shooter? Another archetype to be afraid of.

nope, just a realist
And plenty of cases in the news of officers being acquitted or not indicted. Like the guy in the hotel who was on the floor pleading for his life or the Akai Gurley case or the grand jury not indicting the cop who put Eric Garner in a choke hold.

Do you think you're more knowledgeable regarding police u.o.f., deadly force scenarios, tactics, etc...than criminal prosecutors and judges ? Legit question.

What you see or think you see is filtered through your own level of knowledge, right ? Like second guessing a doctor or pilot. I'm neither, so I can only offer an opinion grounded in ignorance and lack of information.

My point being judges, courts, etc... afford police an amount of pretty reasonable latitude given the nature of the job. These things aren't happening in a vacuum.

The Garner case isn't exactly clear cut to people with no anti police bias. Unfortunately, we're all humans and subject to fuck ups. The crux of the matters being was the fuck up negligent, malicious, done in "good faith," etc...

What a strange country where you can’t even trust the police. Everyone’s killing everyone and people think it’s normal.

and then i see them say on here they need ´´more guns´´

Lets see.

-cops pull up to a reported sexual assault
-moron already has weapon in hand
-shoots woman in bathrobe across his partners chest, through window

This shouldn't even have to be a thread, but an absolute given that this idiot does time. How do you show up at the scene of a sexual assault and kill the victim, who is most likely a woman? I mean, in the unlikely event that dispatch did not inform the cops of who might be on the scene (a woman), this asshat shot the victim (a woman) instead of the perp (a man). The guy is criminally stupid at the very least. Fuck him. He better hope the guards don't baton his ass after getting raped in prison.

It has to be pretty bad for criminal charges to get filed. This means the civil case is a wrap. The family and lawyers are going to get millions.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/20/us/justine-ruszczyk-officer-charged/index.html

(CNN)A Minneapolis police officer was charged Tuesday with third-degree murder in the death of Justine Ruszczyk, a 40-year-old Australian woman who was shot in 2017 after she called 911 to report a possible sexual assault near her home.

Officer Mohamed Noor turned himself in to authorities, said Sherral Schmidt of the Police Officers Federation of Minneapolis.
Noor is being charged with third-degree murder -- "perpetrating an eminently dangerous act and evincing a depraved mind" -- as well as second-degree manslaughter -- "culpable negligence creating unreasonable risk," according to the Hennepin County Jail website.
In July, Ruszczyk called 911 late at night to report a possible sexual assault in an alley near her home. Fewer than 30 minutes later, she was dead from a gunshot wound to the abdomen. One of the two officers who responded to the call shot her.

170719145901-04-justine-ruszczyk-large-169.jpg
update its body camera policy to require officers to activate them upon being dispatched.
Ruszczyk's death caused outrage in the United States and Australia and led to the resignation of the city's police chief.
Though she was a veterinary surgeon in Australia, her native country, Ruszczyk worked as a spiritual healer, yoga and meditation instructor, and life coach in Minnesota.
170718035216-justine-ruszczyk-02-bright-medium-plus-169.jpg

Ruszczyk and her fiance, Don Damond
Don Damond, her fiance, said the two had planned to marry later that summer.
The Ruszczyk family released a statement, praising the decision to charge Noor, calling it "one step toward justice for this iniquitous act."
"We remain hopeful that a strong case will be presented by the prosecutor, backed by verified and detailed forensic evidence, and that this will lead to a conviction," said the statement released through family attorney Robert Bennett.
"No charges can bring our Justine back. However, justice demands accountability for those responsible for recklessly killing the fellow citizens they are sworn to protect, and today's actions reflect that."
The Police Officers Federation of Minneapolis said it could not comment on specifics of the case.
"We recognize the tragic shooting of Justine (Ruszczyk) Damond has greatly impacted, not only her family and friends, our membership, but also our community. We respect the criminal justice process and wait for the case to proceed before making further comment," the group said.

Good. Fuck him.

So police has the right to shoot anyone they see commit a crime?
You compared this shooting to all of the shootings you hear about in the American MSM of white cops shooting blacks. Can you name some of those shootings where the person shot was not armed or in the act of committing a crime?

Do you think you're more knowledgeable regarding police u.o.f., deadly force scenarios, tactics, etc...than criminal prosecutors and judges ? Legit question.

What you see or think you see is filtered through your own level of knowledge, right ? Like second guessing a doctor or pilot. I'm neither, so I can only offer an opinion grounded in ignorance and lack of information.

My point being judges, courts, etc... afford police an amount of pretty reasonable latitude given the nature of the job. These things aren't happening in a vacuum.

The Garner case isn't exactly clear cut to people with no anti police bias. Unfortunately, we're all humans and subject to fuck ups. The crux of the matters being was the fuck up negligent, malicious, done in "good faith," etc...
Prosecutors and judges can and have been biased. Do you think just because they are prosecutors and judges they are going to be fair and balanced. Do you think the justice system is unbiased?

In the Garner case, the guy was not posing a threat. He was just selling cigs on the street corner. He was put in a chokehold and yelled he couldn't breathe.

You give police way too much of a pass, colored by your previous stint as a police officer. We all know that law enforcement covers each others' ass. DA's and judges have to work with police, so apart from institutional and sometimes racial bias, there is also bias because the justice system as to deal with Police regularly, so they are not going to want an adversarial relationship.

Back