RBR ***Official*** Canelo vs GGG 3, Sat. 9/17, 4:45 PM ET/1:45 PM PT RBR Discussion Thread

Who wins in the main event?

• Total voters
I know it’s not popular opinion, but ideally Canelo would lose a little bulk, move back to MW and fight all comers. He’s really doing himself a disservice coming in plodding and gassing too easily.
Skill wise he’s regressed IMO.

The hand speed is still there, but the mobility and gas’s tank are both lessened.

Canelo won clearly Age played a factor but ggg ddint even try for the first half

I screamed LETS FUCKING GO whenever canelo throws a left hook into GGGs thigh and then hit him in the back with an overhand
CLENelo was clearly the winner tonight but he looked shit. And what's funny is the 40yr old man was the one who looked fresher the last 3-4 rounds (Gennady was just to damn slow and really didn't have much pop anymore).

Bivol would beat him easier and very likely get a stoppage if he puts it on CLENelo a bit more.

Benevidez would go right after CLENelo out last him and stop him mid rounds IMO.

GGG clearly didn’t want the smoke from the 2nd fight. His defense was much better this time around, but that also meant he was not letting his hands go. They traded bombs in fights 1&2. The older you get, the less eager you are to take blows.

GGG knew he couldn’t fight 12 full rounds so he paced himself most the fight.

I got 118-110 Golovkin. He controlled the pace all night long, Canelo never figured out the jab which caused him to gas out. Awesome game plan but its Vegas so he'll get robbed.

Ok Now im convinced you are just a troll. GGG won 3 rounds at best. Canelo was not impressive at all. Benavidez would destroy this version of GGG and stop him, and Canelo.

GGG didn't look good at all, but anyone expecting him to at 40 years old was a god damn fool.

i thought it was impressive as fuck that he woke up in the 8th or 9th round and fought back, though. he clearly lost, but he gave it all he had in the last few rounds.

canelo needs to stay the hell away from bivol, though. i think charlo would be an excellent fight for him right now.

GGG didn't look good at all, but anyone expecting him to at 40 years old was a god damn fool.

i thought it was impressive as fuck that he woke up in the 8th or 9th round and fought back, though. he clearly lost, but he gave it all he had in the last few rounds.

canelo needs to stay the hell away from bivol, though. i think charlo would be an excellent fight for him right now.

You think Canelo looked good when he couldn't even hurt a 40 year old MW who barely did anything all fight? What do you think Benavidez would have done to GGG tonight?

CLENelo was clearly the winner tonight but he looked shit. And what's funny is the 40yr old man was the one who looked fresher the last 3-4 rounds (Gennady was just to damn slow and really didn't have much pop anymore).

Bivol would beat him easier and very likely get a stoppage if he puts it on CLENelo a bit more.

Benevidez would go right after CLENelo out last him and stop him mid rounds IMO.

judging by the way you post and your join date, i can only imagine you registered for this site on the day you were born

Both guys somehow came out looking worse after this fight. GGG is 40 and I pretty expected him to lose, so that was expected, but Canelo looked less than spectacular against a middle-aged man. Dull night except for GGG's late push gave it something more (but nothing to change the outcome). Canelo is getting complacent.

You think Canelo looked good when he couldn't even hurt a 40 year old MW who barely did anything all fight? What do you think Benavidez would have done to GGG tonight?
show me where in the post you quoted i said that canelo looked good.

i think benavidez would've had a hard time with GGG tonight, but mostly because he would've had to drag you around the ring with your lips firmly stuck to his ass all night. your posts have gone past pathetic, i think you should seriously consider seeking help.

show me where in the post you quoted i said that canelo looked good.

i think benavidez would've had a hard time with GGG tonight, but mostly because he would've had to drag you around the ring with your lips firmly stuck to his ass all night. your posts have gone past pathetic, i think you should seriously consider seeking help.

Hard time with ggg tonight how? He barely did anything and just sat in the pocket all night, have you ever seen benavidez even fight before? It would have been a slaugther.

Last edited:
One lost a step, one gained a step, Canelo has a controversy free win over GGG at last.

Hard time with ggg tonight how? He barely did anything and just sat in the pocket all night, have you ever seen benavidez even fight before? It would have been a slaugther.
reading comprehension is not your strong point.

Back