RBR ***Official*** Canelo vs GGG 3, Sat. 9/17, 4:45 PM ET/1:45 PM PT RBR Discussion Thread

Who wins in the main event?

• Total voters
I thought Canelo would win by KO but nobody has knocked down or KO'd GGG so i wont hold it against him

Just "prime Lemieux" implies he was something more than he was.

So you're saying that 43 wins 36 KOs is a bum record?
When he fought GGG he had a loss against Rubio, a fight he was dominating but spent too much energy on the early rounds.

But I'm not saying that Lemieux was goat or anything, just saying he was a real tough fighter with a very dangerous left hook, and GGG absolutely dominated him

I enjoyed it for what it was. GGG had lost the fight by round 7, but his late salvo turned back the clock momentarily, however this looked like what it was, a 32 year old fighter versus a 40 year old fighter. A very wide decision and for GGG maybe a farewell fight, and then get the fuck out. For Canelo, more challenges I feel, we know who they are, Bivol is not one of them.

But both were content with playing it safe, and all things considered, it was an entertaining fight.

What was entertaining about two fighters playing it safe? It was a boring fight with two fighters who talked it up yet failed to deliver with one of them in their totally for a 40 year old pay cheque.

What was entertaining about two fighters playing it safe? It was a boring fight with two fighters who talked it up yet failed to deliver with one of them in their totally for a 40 year old pay cheque.
I see your point, which i partially agree, and alluded before (you only quoted part of the message):

In this sense, it was a bit of a let down, i was hopping Canelo would really try to KO him, and the same for GGG, i wanted him to give everything chasing for a KO, as it was the only chance he had to win.
But both were content with playing it safe, and all things considered, it was an entertaining fight.

But i was entertained by the fight, was hopping that GGG could have landed the perfect punch, and it was fun to see him bring on after round 8, to the much younger guy!

But i was entertained by the fight, was hopping that GGG could have landed the perfect punch, and it was fun to see him bring on after round 8, to the much younger guy!

Ye , I think it was the names involved and the spectacle of them in the ring that made it 'entertaining' in some context anyway. I wish Canelo would have pushed harder but I think he was scared to gas out.

118/110 Canelo but I gave both of the first rounds to Canelo, I saw some gave Golovkin those rounds.

That was about what I gave it, I couldn't give GGG more than two rounds and I'm a big fan, he was just dominated.

Back