Official Coaches and Trainers Discussion

We won the fight pretty handily. This was the first fight with the kid being 18 years old and the first opponent who did what I’ve been warning him they’re all going to start doing: the guy tried to box with Collin and when it didn’t work he tried turning it into a brawl. We won 90% of the fight but the 10% we lost was when we tried to play in the mud with the opponent.

Clip from collins fight and a peek into our fight code.

“hot sauce” is a throw-pull-counter combo
“Chili’s” is body shot (BBQ the ribs)
Range 1: clinching

Working a regional mma show as a cutman for hire and was just told 50 bucks to tape hands and work cuts (with adrenalin, no less) is “asinine”.

kids these days…

Local boxing tournament. 2 matched, 4 weighing in.

collin is fighting a wanna be tyson type which is actually a good/tough fight for us. Collin doesn’t do well with pressure and tends to eat hooks when he gets overwhelmed. We’ve sparred the kid before and handled him easily. Assuming Collin can stay on his bike, keep his guard in position and work his jab we should have it.

my other kid is a debut. Southpaw brawler who likes to pressure and live inside. He’s 18 or 19 and fighting a 35 year old debuter from an mma gym who seems like a nice guy. I’m less worried about that one.

have two of my girls weighing in but I doubt anyone will show up for them

2-0 at the tournament. Collin boxed the kids ears off for 3 rounds and Jack retired his opponent in the second.

We got a show on the 12th, hope some of my guys get matched.

Main event for a private event. Black tie event at one of those weird, old, rich people clubs. Nothing says USA 2023 like having a bunch of poor kids of color come and kick the shit out of each other while the wealthy elite get drunk and cheer.

rematch for Collin against the guy he boxed Saturday. Game plans the same with a few adjustments. Dangerous opponent but Collins feeling good.

IMG_1798.jpeg

Got it done. Won a 3 round unanimous decision. Followed the game plan well (mix up the straight punches, use feints and stay long while coming forward.) didn’t get hit with anything too crazy, and overall looked great in there.

Are these folks paying the boxers? Like, something like Olympic rules but paid?

Congrats for the win, @DoctorTaco

I'm at the Brazilian nationals with my female -50kg fighter Marilia. She'll fight the woman who won the nationals for the last three years and got 3rd at world's this year, Caroline Naka Almeida. Tough nut to crack... She's a southpaw with a lot of reach over my fighter

In this other fight in which she lost to a Thai some thing are very evident, tho... I want Marilia to beat the patience out of her

Are these folks paying the boxers? Like, something like Olympic rules but paid?

Congrats for the win, @DoctorTaco
Thanks man. The boxers didn’t get paid but the club who organized it got a donation to use for their travel funds. Honestly I felt just as bad for the guy running the event. He had to spend all night making sure a bunch of rowdy boxers and their coaches didn’t fuck up this fancy ass social club.

Sounds like you’ve got a good strategy to beat this girl. How’s training been going for her?

We lost. My fighter spent all day playing defense and couldn't capitalize on the openings. It's the first bout in this Livestream

https://www.youtube.com/live/zsx0GSrna7E?feature=share

The strategy we came up with was spot on, though. The other girl NEEDS her opposition to go forward so she can counter. In the first interval you can see her upset in her corner because Marília wasn't going forward or standing still when she attacked. That enormous reach also played a factor. Anyway, back to the drawing board

Team Witherspoon (55-13-1) is currently touring in the company of fellow pugilistic talents under the banner Circle of Legends.

Standup dawgs can get the latest visuals from their new IG here and (soon) check their event finder here for seminars in your area.

TTW.jpeg
For questions and interest, you can also drop a line directly with Terrible Tim on our board. @Tim Witherspoon

We lost. My fighter spent all day playing defense and couldn't capitalize on the openings. It's the first bout in this Livestream

https://www.youtube.com/live/zsx0GSrna7E?feature=share

The strategy we came up with was spot on, though. The other girl NEEDS her opposition to go forward so she can counter. In the first interval you can see her upset in her corner because Marília wasn't going forward or standing still when she attacked. That enormous reach also played a factor. Anyway, back to the drawing board

My man Lucas! How are you? Good to see you’re still sharing on here!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back