No Spoilers Official Diablo IV Discussion

What char class are you (or planning on) maining?

• Total voters
Just read about the season pass. Sounds lame. I'll still play the first one since it's already paid for, but I'm not excited about it.

It's free every season. There's a paid track but that's purely for cosmetics. If you don't care for cosmetics you can play every season for free (assuming you have the base game of course).

I fully expect there to be a nerf coming for the Necromancer soon.

I was playing with a group and one was playing a bone spear necro- he was leveled in the mid 70s, I was 80. The other guys were in the 60s.

The Necro was demolishing mobs in tier 51 dungeons against level 105+ monsters. I was holding my own, but it did take time and strategy to beat those guys.. but this guy was just destroying stuff left and right.

Broken build

I was playing with a group and one was playing a bone spear necro- he was leveled in the mid 70s, I was 80. The other guys were in the 60s.

The Necro was demolishing mobs in tier 51 dungeons against level 105+ monsters. I was holding my own, but it did take time and strategy to beat those guys.. but this guy was just destroying stuff left and right.

Broken build

I have a bone spear necro and yeah, it’s powerful. My gear is just starting to get okay and as a level 64 I breezed through the capstone dungeon to unlock WT4. The final boss went down in seconds with no special prep just my normal routine. Hope they don’t nerf it though, just buff everyone else.

Only if you'd like to take part of Season only stuff. If not, you can still continue to use the characters you have been playing so far.

You can check out all the Season only stuff here.

Oh, here's a clean list:
View attachment 991842
Thanks! I'm just going to playthrough with my current guy and mess with the season stuff after that.

Only if you'd like to take part of Season only stuff. If not, you can still continue to use the characters you have been playing so far.

You can check out all the Season only stuff here.

Oh, here's a clean list:
View attachment 991842

I wonder if the Butcher turns Malignant.

I got 3 uniques for my Barb yesterday. All trash.

ive unlocked max renown for every region finally yesterday with my ww barb.

like many others the grind after the main story is done gets boring and repetitive. looking forward to s1 tho.

Broken build

The bone spear necro works really well in that scenario, where he can sit back and use others as meat shields ...problem is that although you do a buttload of damage, you are squishy as hell.

The very definition of a glass cannon. If I do lvl 50'ish nightmares as a high 80's necro, although I can kill everything, I can also very easily get one shot by a bunch of different stuff and I'm not even talking about bosses and elites.

You have to be super careful.

The bone spear necro works really well in that scenario, where he can sit back and use others as meat shields ...problem is that although you do a buttload of damage, you are squishy as hell.

The very definition of a glass cannon. If I do lvl 50'ish nightmares as a high 80's necro, although I can kill everything, I can also very easily get one shot by a bunch of different stuff and I'm not even talking about bosses and elites.

You have to be super careful.
I see

I learned recently there's no real point in torturing yourself like this, as the XP gain tops out at fighting monsters 3 levels above you. After that there is no bonus to the XP you gain and you're basically fighting guys who are way stronger than you for no reason.

When fighting monsters outside of your own character's level range, the following multipliers apply:

• Monster is 1 level above character: +15%
  • Monster is 2 levels above character: +20%
  • Monster is 3 or more levels above character: +25%
  • Monster is 1 level below character: -10%
  • Monster is 2 levels below character: -20%
  • Monster is 3 levels below character: -30%
  • Monster is 4 levels below character: -40%
  • Monster is 5 levels below character: -50%
  • [...] approaching 0 XP
Fighting monsters with a much higher level than your character does not actually grant a higher XP bonus beyond 25%. The only value that scales up after that point is the monster's base XP, which slowly rises with higher levels. This makes farming high level zones ineffective unless you can comfortably defeat enemies at a pace comparable to monsters close to your own level.

Tip: Since a monster's base XP value scales up linearly according to their level, fighting massively higher level monsters is much more valuable on low character levels compared to high character levels where the impact of each additional monster level is not as high compared to its total XP amount.

https://maxroll.gg/d4/resources/experience

I believe the only actual benefit is you get more XP for your glyphs when you finish- but even that is debatable because if you can do say, 3 level 35 dungeons in the time it takes you to do 1 level 51 dungeon, that advantage disappears as well.

On another note, I have made it a habit to inspect other rogues I come across who have level 90+... and I am finding that their gear isn't significantly better than mine. In a lot of cases some of the items equipped are actually inferior to what I am packing. Weird...

I see

I learned recently there's no real point in torturing yourself like this, as the XP gain tops out at fighting monsters 3 levels above you. After that there is no bonus to the XP you gain and you're basically fighting guys who are way stronger than you for no reason.

https://maxroll.gg/d4/resources/experience

I believe the only actual benefit is you get more XP for your glyphs when you finish- but even that is debatable because if you can do say, 3 level 35 dungeons in the time it takes you to do 1 level 51 dungeon, that advantage disappears as well.

On another note, I have made it a habit to inspect other rogues I come across who have level 90+... and I am finding that their gear isn't significantly better than mine. In a lot of cases some of the items equipped are actually inferior to what I am packing. Weird...

Yep, this is why I don't bother with higher level nightmare dungeons. Around the 40 mark seems to be the sweet spot for me.

I can absolutely die if I become sloppy but I can smash through them fairly quickly, rarely die and get good XP for my glyphs which are only 15, 13, 13 so I clearly should be doing more nightmare dungeons.

I have mainly been doing helltides. Just the absolute TON of gear means that I am quite well equipped, although I just finally swapped my last couple of items to ancestral at lvl 88.

I am just struggling for motivation to play as 80+ seems like a mostly pointless grind at this point.

Fuck the game looks super pretty on my new monitor though.

Level 47. Working through the main story now so I can unlock higher world tiers. Leveling has really slowed down

Anyone do the Mahjoob side quest? I'm level 54 with some decent gear (Barbarian) and I can't seem to beat the guy. He's got vampiric regeneration, so any time I do damage on him, his health meter goes back up. I spent the last two hours trying to beat this dummy and I can't!

What are you going to be rolling when the new season begins?

I'll rolling a pulverize druid and twisting blades rouge.

Back