Multiplatform Official Lies of P (Pinocchio Souls) Discussion

Just beat nameless puppet, motivity build, no specters fable or throwables. Holy fuck was this game hard. Great game but too many two-stage bosses in a row imo, it could use more Sekiro style pacing building up.

Weirdly enough it seems I got the true ending by accident, I was not aiming for it and didn’t read guides. Didn’t want spoilers. But I don’t feel like I told the truth every single time?

Weirdly enough it seems I got the true ending by accident, I was not aiming for it and didn’t read guides. Didn’t want spoilers. But I don’t feel like I told the truth every single time?

I believe you only need to build up a certain amount of humanity, so there is some wiggle room in your choices. There is a secret weapon that needs to have close to max humanity though. Lying though is considered the "good" choice, though so telling the truth will limit your humanity.

The nameless puppet was a real son of a bitch though. His second phase was cheap as hell.

I didn’t struggle that much with nameless or Simon because the complete hell that every other preceding boss had put me through up to that point had forced to me to eventually learn how to beat the game with a motivity build, no specter, and little dodging (I never got link dodge or rising dodge).

Swampy and archbishop totally ruined me with that approach. I only learned to use a grinder with swampy. Set him on fire in second phase. Up to then I’d been trying to Sekiro everything, and be a parry god, which this game just punishes with its weak parrying — too unpredictable and tight of windows, weird timing on everything.

By the end game I did all bosses the same way. Learn to perfect parry and precisely punish their first phase, and then use a grinder and puppet string to absolutely nuke and stagger their second phase so hard in a couple key opportunities that they get wrecked. You need a combination of ultra panicky and ultra aggressive in the second phase, stay well out and then just suddenly lay into them with massive full stamina long combos when you do go in. Then get out use a ton of heals and keep moving till you get another chance.

They clearly designed the bosses so that every single one plays this way, with a controlled and tight mastery of the first phase and then a wild and bonkers scramble in the second. But I think they way overdid it, there are too many bosses in a row that either force you to do exactly this approach or else resort to some cheese strategy, which I didn’t want to do.

By the end of the game I was like I get it, this is how you need to play to win, but it took too long to learn that and it had too little variety. So I just beat the crap out of nameless in like four tries because his first phase is so easy to parry and then his second phase I staggered and fataled the bejesus out of him by using puppet string to start a long combo with acid grind.

Overall I give the game an 8.5 out of 10 because I love the aesthetic and story (surprised me) and they do so many things right, like perfect shortcut placement and bonfire (lol) placement that cuts down on the frustration of endless brutal boss fights.

Just got past the door guardian, I didn't realize he was a gimmick at first and got wrecked. I cannot wait to get to ng+7 on this game. With my schedule that probably won't happen until summer, but I absolutely love everything about Lies of P!

Just got past the door guardian, I didn't realize he was a gimmick at first and got wrecked. I cannot wait to get to ng+7 on this game. With my schedule that probably won't happen until summer, but I absolutely love everything about Lies of P!
7 playthroughs <DCWhoa> now that's dedication

Apparently scaling reaches its maximum at NG+4 (5th playthrough). It also slows down after NG+ (each cycle gets smaller HP/damage increase than the one before it). However, I have read things that oppose this.

I think this is my game of the year the more I’ve been thinking about it. Came out of nowhere and ran flawless with a fun gameplay loop and awesome world and story. Beat Spider-Man 2 recently and that was the only game left this year that might have dethroned it but I think that I like giving a new IP the nod over a sequel even though Spidey was fantastic too

Apparently scaling reaches its maximum at NG+4 (5th playthrough). It also slows down after NG+ (each cycle gets smaller HP/damage increase than the one before it). However, I have read things that oppose this.

More than half way through NG+ now. Holy shit do enemies hit harder on this run. I finished my first run with 18 Vit, it's at 25 now because I was getting fucked up if I missed a perfect guard on trash mobs. I just beat the grand expo boss today, swapped my build from full motivity to quality for this run, and am absolutely loving it. Also I see what people mean about becoming overpowered, I kill 90% of enemies and am now way too strong. I imagine I can breeze through NG++ if things continue at this rate.

Finished Alan Wake 2 and bought this, looking forward to starting it after reading this some of this thread, sounds like one of the rare soulslike worth playing.

Finally picked this up and I’m having a blast. Everything has been great outside of the annoying Cathedral level.

Beam walking with a projectile that has huge push-backs makes it a challenge. They obviously want you to perfect parry these things, but one slip up and you’re toast.

Finally picked this up and I’m having a blast. Everything has been great outside of the annoying Cathedral level.

Beam walking with a projectile that has huge push-backs makes it a challenge. They obviously want you to perfect parry these things, but one slip up and you’re toast.
I despised that part haha. Glad you're enjoying it though!

I’m pretty sure I’m getting close to the end game. Lots of love went into this little masterpiece. Personally, I love the combat. The fact you can’t spam parry and escape with an easy dodge while giving you the tools to even the playing field makes it feel fair. Not a lot in the way of exploration but that’s ok.

So far, the hardest bosses I’ve faced.

1. Laxasia: Took me a while but I ended up getting the first stage down fairly well. It’s the second stage that laces you with some ridiculous nonsense. Far and away the cheapest boss I’ve fought. Lots of luck and the parry grinder.

2. Black Rabbit #2: I probably hated this fight more than any other in the game. Bosses like this are dumb and this one just sucked. Interrupted at every second, needing to whittle 2 of the younger ones simultaneously so you don’t face an older and younger at the same time. The first one was good though.

Swamp Monster: First stage was cake after you learned his set, second stage was ass until I learned to dodge and run from is aggressive attack. I died more to that than I’d like to admit.

4. King of puppets: First stage was decent and I could get through it fairly easily barring some luck. Romeo was a pain though. Side strafing ended up being my key. Still challenging though.

The level to get to Laxasia was one of my favorites considering it was the most “mazy” out of them. However, it was pretty hard. I got to RedFox and had to shut it off. That was another gauntlet getting to her.

Started playing this week and a half ago. Fucking beautiful. I just beat...the archbishop prick.

Have some questions, simply of how to not fuck gameplay up for the rest of the game. This, btw, is a major flaw with these types of games. Players pile up shit thinking theyll use it near the end when they have plenty to use. I think this does that better...

But the lies.. I get nervous about them cuz its one shot per playthrough.

Do the outfits matter when it comes to defense EVER? I actually love that. I have never given a shit about "skins," so it sucks to finally get an outfit I like, only to change it later for environment/level needs.

Started playing this week and a half ago. Fucking beautiful. I just beat...the archbishop prick.

Have some questions, simply of how to not fuck gameplay up for the rest of the game. This, btw, is a major flaw with these types of games. Players pile up shit thinking theyll use it near the end when they have plenty to use. I think this does that better...

Do the outfits matter when it comes to defense EVER? I actually love that. I have never given a shit about "skins," so it sucks to finally get an outfit I like, only to change it later for environment/level needs.

It's been a bit but I think all of the outfits were cosmetic. The armor was in the form of liners and defensive parts. So just find the costume you like the best and stick with that.

Lies effect your humanity along with listening to records found through the world. The true ending requires a minimum amount of humanity. There is also a secret weapon that unlocks when you get close to max humanity. I made a few choices early and ended up not having enough humanity after the last boss to pull the secret weapon.

Outfits are cosmetic as of a month ago brother. Defense is not really a thing until you can master the perfect guard, which imo is pretty generous in this game. I absolutely loved everything about it, enough to go through many ng+ runs

Outfits are cosmetic as of a month ago brother. Defense is not really a thing until you can master the perfect guard, which imo is pretty generous in this game. I absolutely loved everything about it, enough to go through many ng+ runs

Did they adjust the timing on Perfect Guards? I played through a NG+1 around launch, so not sure what patches have gone in, but one of the big complaints around that time was the inconsistent nature of Perfect Guard.

Did they adjust the timing on Perfect Guards? I played through a NG+1 around launch, so not sure what patches have gone in, but one of the big complaints around that time was the inconsistent nature of Perfect Guard.

There was an update at some point that made it way easier. I feel like they made it appropriate for brand new souls like players, but too easy for the veterans now.

Back