Official Mayweather Jr. vs Mosley Thread

after seeing the fight, I'm sure pac is gonna hurt him and beat him.

I hope the fight will happen,atleast if floyd stop ducking pac and agree with the 24day window.

I wish you were my neighbor.. because I would bet you a summers worth of lawnmowing that Mosely at least wins 4 rounds...

Mayweather has NEVER blown out a world class fighter at 147 that belonged at that weight class.. Hatton won some rounds and was in the fight until the end.. Zab won some rounds and knocked May down... DLH won some rounds and swolled up Mays eye... Mosely is better at this stage in his career than any of the guys listed here..

there is no way this will be a blow out

i guessed 3 rounds, you guessed 4. we were both wrong, but i was closer.

after seeing the fight, I'm sure pac is gonna hurt him and beat him.

I hope the fight will happen,atleast if floyd stop ducking pac and agree with the 24day window.

according to victor conte, the window should be under 14 days. i agree with a 12 day window. read the article that i posted in the drug testing thread if you want to know why.

according to victor conte, the window should be under 14 days. i agree with a 12 day window. read the article that i posted in the drug testing thread if you want to know why.

Victor Conte... Hmmme. I have heard that name before. Is he a credible guy?

thats why I love it when Mayweather wins. Gets all the Whites angry as fuck.

All the whites angry? I have heard a lot of dislike towards him, and the reason for that, him being a loudmouth and a gangster. If he had the personality as Shane Mosely or Manny, you know more down to earth, I bet less people would hate him. And I mean from all kind of colors. Why are some posters in here making it racial? We don't live in Alis time where the general black population were scared to express about the discrimination that was going on in America. The racial climate was different then.

Why I dislike Mayweather is the MTV/afro american/big cars/hip hop/dollar notes/ that he is advertising every time he is on the media. Like a black hip hop artist showing of he has money, and that is kind of boring when all music videos looks the same, and the average intellectual human being are thinking... - are all afro Americans like that when they get in contact with a lot of money?

So I don't blame the casual human being, generalizing black Americans.

All the whites angry? I have heard a lot of dislike towards him, and the reason for that, him being a loudmouth and a gangster. If he had the personality as Shane Mosely or Manny, you know more down to earth, I bet less people would hate him. And I mean from all kind of colors. Why are some posters in here making it racial? We don't live in Alis time where the general black population were scared to express about the discrimination that was going on in America. The racial climate was different then.

Why I dislike Mayweather is the MTV/afro american/big cars/hip hop/dollar notes/ that he is advertising every time he is on the media. Like a black hip hop artist showing of he has money, and that is kind of boring when all music videos looks the same, and the average intellectual human being are thinking... - are all afro Americans like that when they get in contact with a lot of money?

So I don't blame the casual human being, generalizing black Americans.

Some interesting quotes from this dumbass poster:

"any average intellectual human being would think afro americans look like a black hip hop artist showing off his money that when they get in contact with a lot of money"

"mayweather is a loudmouth and a gangster"

"all hip-hop music videos look the same"

If people were stupid enough to hate on mayweather because of the way he promotes and hypes up his fights by being a loudmouth, why do guys like Dan Hardy and Chael Sonnen (R) get so much loves on sherdog?

Lastly, I am not even black but what in the blue hell is an "afro american"?

All the whites angry? I have heard a lot of dislike towards him, and the reason for that, him being a loudmouth and a gangster. If he had the personality as Shane Mosely or Manny, you know more down to earth, I bet less people would hate him.

And he wouldn't be as popular/infamous as he is now. Floyd plays the role of a heel "to a t" and has become the guy that people love to hate. While his act was kind of getting played out during the last 24/7 series, it also showed how boring a humble guy like Mosley can be in front of the camera; we get it, he works hard, bowls with "rednecks", his son is following in his footsteps and his relationship with his father hasn't soured since hiring Richardson as his trainer, and acts polite when being interviewed. Brother Nazim dropping knowledge in virtually every episode made up for a relatively boring camp.

What about guys like Pacquiao? While he is a humble guy, I think his surroundings and circumstances made him entertaining to watch. When he did that 24/7 with Cotto, it was interesting to see all the distractions in Pacquiao's life outside of the ring and made you question his preparedness for a dangerous Cotto. Couple that with the disaster in the Philippines (btw, some of my family were affected, my aunt's house was trashed) and you've also got material to make the audience sympathize with him to balance Pacquiao's character.

Boxing has personalities, which for the most part, enrich the experience regardless of which way they rub you.

Last edited:
And he wouldn't be as popular/infamous as he is now. Floyd plays the role of a heel "to a t" and has become the guy that people love to hate. While his act was kind of getting played out during the last 24/7 series, it also showed how boring a humble guy like Mosley can be in front of the camera; we get it, he works hard, bowls with "rednecks", his son is following in his footsteps and his relationship with his father hasn't soured since hiring Richardson as his trainer, and acts polite when being interviewed. Brother Nazim dropping knowledge in virtually every episode made up for a relatively boring camp.

What about guys like Pacquiao? While he is a humble guy, I think his surroundings and circumstances made him entertaining to watch. When he did that 24/7 with Cotto, it was interesting to see all the distractions in Pacquiao's life outside of the ring and made you question his preparedness for a dangerous Cotto. Couple that with the disaster in the Philippines (btw, some of my family were affected, my aunt's house was trashed) and you've also got material to make the audience sympathize with him to balance Pacquiao's character.

Boxing has personalities, which for the most part, enrich the experience regardless of which way they rub you.

Good post. I am aware of all those things you mentioned.

I guess I like the humble guys in sports and in general.

And I guess I respect this guy....

obama1.jpg

more than....

wow ,that is amazing, indeed. It looks almost freaky and unreal. He looked like he was out, like unconcious. Notice how his body kind of dropped, like it was limp after the punch. How he just happened to levitate from that position is beyond me. It's like when Fedor got out of the randleman suplex... ok, maybe more amazing than that.

Feel exactly the same, it was freaky and almost scary to see him wobble like that, and with Lampton and Merchant yelling HE'S HURT, HE'S DEFINITELY HURT in UFC-style commentating, Mayweather putting his gloves up and just trying to survive, wow. You know how some people say that when you're life is in grave danger you have instant flashbacks? I had some flashbacks right then and there, not of the past but of the future, of how the pactards would never let me hear the end of it and flood the forums worse than the tsunami disaster.

Whether you're a Floyd fan or Floyd hater, everyone was in awe in that round. Great fight.

If Pacquiao faced that same gassed out Mosley he would've brutalized him into a coma.

I thought Mayweather looked great last night, and he showed in the second that he can fight on instinct when things aren't going his way.

Wow, that was impressive.

I thought Mayweather would take the decision, but not as one-sided and easy as it was. He had a scare in the 2nd, but handled it brilliantly and even finished the round looking composed. Mosley just didn't have an answer for his speed and Boxing brain. He was outclassed and I never thought I'd say that about Mosley. On that performance, I don't think anyone beats Mayweather.

I can't see how anyone could call that boring, it may have been one-sided but I was on the edge of my seat from start to finish.

Saul Alvarez looked good after having a scare himself. He showed great composure himself for someone so young.

Feel exactly the same, it was freaky and almost scary to see him wobble like that, and with Lampton and Merchant yelling HE'S HURT, HE'S DEFINITELY HURT in UFC-style commentating, Mayweather putting his gloves up and just trying to survive, wow. You know how some people say that when you're life is in grave danger you have instant flashbacks? I had some flashbacks right then and there, not of the past but of the future, of how the pactards would never let me hear the end of it and flood the forums worse than the tsunami disaster.

Whether you're a Floyd fan or Floyd hater, everyone was in awe in that round. Great fight.

but PBF was really hurt... Its even stupid for commentators to say that oh wow his a machine after seeing PBF hurt like that. Anyway PBF show some boxing clinic

Great performance by Mayweather. He made Shane look silly out there and his punches had pop on them, something i haven't seen in a while.

People complain about Mayweather's fights being boring, or lacking drama as Merchant put it. But after watching last night's fight, it's clear he only does that if he's not being challeneged. After the 2nd when he was rocked, Mayweather came out and put an ass whoopin on Mosley, and sustained it for the rest of the fight. I'd still like to see him be a little more aggressive at times, because I honestly feel it would have been similar to his Gatti/Corrales fights had he thrown some 5,6, 7 punch combos.

I've wanted to see him get hit for a while, and he did. And he passed. But IMO we still didn't see him at his best. if Mosley had kept fighting hard and landed a few more good shots on Floyd I seriously think Mayweather would have stopped him.

Forget about "Money" mayweather, the cars, clothes, jewelry, and this "all i care about is money" shit. This dude is a fighter, it just takes a very good, very strong willed opponent to bring out the best in him. I think pac will do that, and many of the Mayweather haters will be shocked when he pitches a round 7-12 shutout, if it even makes it distance.

thats why I love it when Mayweather wins. Gets all the Whites angry as fuck.

Yeah, it's only uptight white people that dislike his money, mansions, cars, jewelry and bitches attitude. :rolleyes: Believe it or not a lot of black people don't like that shit either.

Any post thoughts from Sugar yet? Did he find it difficult making weight? I can't believe what PBF did in the first 5 rounds made Shane gas like that.

I love that Nazim called it on 24/7 about hitting Mayweather, his growing fangs and spitting fire lol Mosley cracked him in the second, and from then on, PBF just dominated, that was super impressive to watch.

Back