*Official Mayweather-Pacquiao Discussion*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dream of a world where boxers couldn't even argue about the testing that could or should be done before a fight.

But then again I'd rather stick to dreaming about world peace, as it is more likely to happen anytime soon.

*sigh*

I won't blame either Floyd or Manny. I'll blame the whole system that makes it possible not to see them fight. One point for the atheists.[/QUOTE

Words of wisdom. The commissions suck.

Manny Pacquiao still hopes to fight Floyd Mayweather this year

Larry Fine
NEW YORK

"I believe the fight will happen some other time," Pacquiao told reporters on Wednesday. "It will happen."

Pacquiao spoke about Mayweather and the failed talks for a Las Vegas clash after a Madison Square Garden news conference to promote his March 13 WBO title defense in Dallas against former champion Joshua Clottey of Ghana.

Mayweather had demanded Olympic-style, random blood testing for a showdown between the two best pound-for-pound boxers in the world -- a testing protocol beyond what is required by the Nevada State Athletic Commission.

Pacquiao said testing too close to the fight might have interrupted his training and left him weak for the bout.

"I'm honest, and a clean fighter," Pacquiao, 31, said.

The Filipino said the undefeated Mayweather's drug-testing demands unfairly cast him in a bad light as a suspected cheat.

"It's not true. He's accusing me," Pacquiao said. "I want to clear my name because I'm a very honest person.

"I'm very disappointed for what he accused me of. I'm clean. I'm not cheating. I'm a very honest fighter."

Pacquiao, who won the welterweight crown from Miguel Cotto in November to become the first boxer to win titles in seven different weight classes, said he hoped to get in the ring with Mayweather before the year was out.

"I'm still hoping the fight will be pushed through, maybe by summer time," he said. "It would be a good fight if it happened."

(Editing by Clare Fallon)

Manny Pacquiao still hopes to fight Mayweather this year | Reuters

some glimmer of hope?

There is a lot of misinformation floating around here and it seems people are cherry picking what ever information suits their purpose (not pointing a finger at you btw).

Yes a fighter can cycle on and off in time to be clean for a pre fight test, urine or blood. However, random urine test would catch almost all the drugs a fighter takes to improve performance. Several people have claimed EPO would not be caught by urine, that is not the case. Also the signs people have been using to "prove" manny is on drugs are not consistent with EPO use. Anabolic steriods would be most common and their detection rate with Urine testing is very high. HGH is harder to catch and even with random blood tests detection is no more certain than any other way.

It would be ignorant for anyone to assume that some professional fighters don't take PEDs of some form. It is human nature that some people will try to gain an edge by pushing or stepping over the boundaries. Pac has no recorded history of PED use. Furthermore, there are a number of very credible theories which explain his ability to move up in weight class successfully. However, nothing more than the claims of two very biases individuals has somehow proven Pac is a cheater.

On a fundemental level, I can not fault someone from saying I will follow the rules of the sport no more (in this case the commision testing policy). By doing so, he has broken no rules. At an even deeper level, I can not fault someone who says, I will go above and beyond the rules to this level, no more. From the beginning there was much speculation in the media and presumably Manny's camp that this was a way for PBF to get out of the fight or at the very least fuck with him and hurt him mentally. At somepoint, you have to stand up for your principles as a man and walk away.

Now assuming this was the case (and that is all we can do, only Manny and his close advisors know the truth), people have critisized him from walking away from 30-40 million. While this is an incredible amount of money, it is not money that he will never make again. He is not in finacial hardship, not even close. I have known people who have risked desitution because of their principles. People do it every day. Why can't anyone believe manny would pospone this? Many people here believe the fight will get made anyway, maybe manny and his team believe the same thing and this is merely playing hardball.

This goes on and on and so far no one has proven Manny has taken PEDs. No one has produced any evidence. All that has been presented are the claims of some very biased people.

Good post man. Makes a lot of sense.

Good article. Although I don't see Manny going to GBP anytime soon after how messy these negotiatons went.

I just wonder who he'd be able to turn to if Arum just wasn't making decisions that are in the best interest of Manny. I actually had no idea about the situation with De La Hoya and Mosley.

Wow you must have some magical powers that I'm not familiar with. You must be the most popular man in Vegas... :rolleyes:

:redface: I take it you don't want mayweather to win on bias, :rolleyes:
All offense<All Defense, pacs gonna jab jab right Like he does every fight, leave himself open n get picked apart.

All offense<All Defense, pacs gonna jab jab right Like he does every fight, leave himself open n get picked apart.

No I take it as seeing a great fight from a fighter that has adapted from being a walk down brawler to a boxer. A guy that can take abuse but dish it back better than Mayweather. I'm not picking anyone to win the fight because I haven't seen it yet. LOL. You must have in your head...

Mind you Mayweather has the best defense I've seen in a boxer, incredible hand speed and accuracy. That's why I want this shit to go down. I'm just not making predictions based off the crystal ball that you're looking at.

So he is bias because he thinks Paq will win, but you however, are an objective student of the sport because you make up arbitrary equations to try and support your statements? Jab, Jab, Right hand is equally as effective as shoulder roll, counter right.

Good synopsis on who is to blame here by Kevin Iole in his latest mailbag.

I blame both sides for the fight not getting done. I think Mayweather was a bully and tried to impose the testing on Pacquiao unilaterally. Pacquiao should have simply agreed to take the tests, though, because they

Jab, Jab, right. Not sure if i've ever seen manny do that being that he's a southpaw, and has always been known for his left hand.

Jab, Jab, right. Not sure if i've ever seen manny do that being that he's a southpaw, and has always been known for his left hand.

HAHAHAHAHAHA that why people from the heavies shouldn't come here, also I guessing the poster hasn't watched a Pac fight since the 2nd JMM.

Mayweather vs. Pacquiao

The Debate.

Okay so we have a negotiation table right. And these are the main things they talk about..

The Money.

Floyd Mayweather has 1) been a star longer and 2) sold better with similar opponents than Pacquiao did (these are facts not opinion)

Mayweather wanted 60/40. But he was willing to leave his ego to the side and settle for 50/50. Who got what they wanted more?

Survey says; Pacquiao.

The Gloves

Mayweather has a history of fractured hands. He wanted to box with the 10 oz gloves. Manny Pacquiao wants the 8 oz gloves. We can agree on a few things. 8 oz gloves favor the puncher. Manny Pacquiao is the Puncher. This plays more into Pacquiao's favor than Mayweather. So who got the advantage and what they wanted in this?

Survey Says: Pacquiao

The weight.

reports have it that Mayweather would have loved to fight at 154. Obviously would be an advantage to him (maybe) considering he's the "bigger man". (despite both men being 106 pound boxers when they were teenagers) Pacquiao's people talked big about a fight with Foreman at 154. But given that's too much for Pacquiao thats wfine. mayweather said he'd fight him at 147. (Atleast its not a made up division that pacquiao won a WW title in).

Survey says: Pacquiao kept the fight at 147 where he wanted it.

The Ring Size. Pacquiao got what he wanted. Yu can make an argument that Mayweather wanted the same ring size but its still something Pacquiao was going to want or he wouldnt do the fight. (havent yoou noticed everything has to go Pacquiao's way for him to fight you?)

De La Hoya vs. pacquiao (He got the glove gloves, ring size, weight down from 150 to 147)

Hatton vs. Pacquiao (the fight was almost called off several times due to disagreement on $$ split.

Cotto vs. Pacquiao (Wouldnt fight Cotto at 147 despite already fighitng there once against Oscar. had to do a stupid catchweight of 145)

Who's really been getting what they want? Who's really threatning to get their ball and go home?

Survey Says: Pacquiao.

All Pacquiao's terms (To be fair, some which Mayweather is also okay with like 147 and Ring size) were met. All of them. All he had to do was have a sample of blood taken from him. A damn sample of blood. THATS IT.

HGH can be flushed out of your system with in 3 days. the argument that "why shoudl Pacquiao subjec thim self to mayweather's rules" is ridiculous. because he's agreeing to the test- He just wants "mayweather's" test to be under "Pacquiao's" conditions. he doesnt want the test to be random. There are people's in Pacquiao's camp banned from the Olympics. Pacquiao's conditioning coach actually said "Pacquiao doesnt even know what I give him> I make these special blends for him". Belnds of what? I thought he just ate Rice (Freddy Roach).

Shane Mosley is guilty of taking steroids. He wasnt caught with the piss test. That test is a joke.

Freddy Roach has no credibility because he did- by the way- train james Toney when he tested positive. So how would he know if Pacquiao is taking anything?

Why would teddy Atlas put his reputation on the line and talk about the fishy ass e-mail sent? "if our guy tests positive can we keep it a secret for hte benefit of Boxing".

And the "its never been done before" crap is retarded.

Tyson asked Holyfield to take a steroids test before their second fight (look it up). Holyfield said "bring it" because he had nothing to hide. Holyfield too is a spiritual and humble man- and he didnt act like a - you know- and avoid the test.

And to make matters worse. They wanted a 30 day cut off date. the ONLY reason they were okay with 24 says is because there was a 24/7 tape were Pacquiao is smiling and having blood taken out of him like there is no problem 24 days before the hatton fight. (His training wasnt disrupted and he looked just fine for the Hatton fight).

Mayweather backed off the 48 days. they offered to 14 days. And Still they said no.

First they said he's scared of needles (yet he has tattoos and he had blood taken from him like nothing before the Hatton fight)

Then they mentioned he's superstitious (People questioned whether he'd walk away from 20-40 million dollars for a supersition)

Then all of all sudden its infact not a superstition. It's actually a fact that it makes him weak. (So it also turns out thats the only reason he lost to Morales- It wasnt the glove thing anymore?)

The "proof" that it makes him weak? that he lost to Morales and obviously looked weak in that fight. And to prove it further he proved it in the rematch. So- apperantly the fact that Morales was coming off a humiliating loss where he was dominated and couldnt even make 130 pounds for that fight and Roach putting a huge $$$penalty$$$ on Morales to make 130 ( Where Morales looked like he was just released from a concentration camp) had absolutely nothing to do with it?

I smell a fish and im not even close to an Ocean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back