Multiplatform Official Mortal Kombat 1 Diskussion

Can multi-hitting moves break armored wakeups? How many hits can the wakeup absorb?

Yes, for example, Baraka b3 is a two hitter and can break armored wakeups. I believe all armored moves have just 1 hit of armor. I think Havik has some weird move that is all armored im not really sure how that works but generally speaking everyone’s armored moves have 1 hit of armor and could be hit out of if you get 2 hits in before the move actually connects

What’s been the reception of this by scene/comp players? Dudes liking it or is it not getting much love? I saw Sonic labbing Baraka previously and shared something.

@OnionKnight86

Why do they insist on putting in some terrible celebrity? Nitara is ruined for me just as Sonya was in MK11. The characters have become associated with the actress for me. It takes me out of the experience and makes me not want to play with them.

Oh and this isn't me crapping on all celebrities. I'm sure J.K. Simmons is going to do an amazing job in the DLC because he's actually talented. Same with people like Idris Elba who has played as Knuckles and is a new character in Cyberpunk 2077.

I guess my point is NRS has to just stop using awful B celebrities.

I finally fully had time to install, update, and add in Shang Tsung.

I'm liking the combo potential for all but also worried about getting stuck in neverending combos by super good players lol. I really like the balance of most of the roster just from a few test fights to see who I want to learn. Having alot of fun with Reiko and Reptile right now.

What’s been the reception of this by scene/comp players? Dudes liking it or is it not getting much love? I saw Sonic labbing Baraka previously and shared something.

@OnionKnight86
sadly i haven't been watching much (been sick with Covid). I know they had a tournament at CEOTaku

I think top 5 characters right now i believe are: Kenshi, Mileena, Baraka, Raiden, and Johnny Cage.

@MMAisGod was at the tournament and might know more about the Pro scene

Here we go with this shit again. Maybe NRS will fix it this time.

Who the hell decided Megan Fox needed to be guest cast? Terrible voice acting. They fucked up last time with Ronda Rousey and they did the EXACT same thing again. No one asked for this. No one's buying the game for a D list actress. They have experienced voice actors at their beck and call available for cheap.

I don't get their reasoning. She's not gonna increase sales. She's not even a good actress. If you're going to hire a guest celebrity at least get someone relevant? They pick their lame guest spots straight from the cast of The Expendables sequels. I wanna know who is making these calls because I have a feeling it's the exact person who chose Ronda for MK11. Next game will probably have 50 Cent or some shit.

I know about combo breakers but is there something like drive reversal? Get off me on block not on hit?

I know about combo breakers but is there something like drive reversal? Get off me on block not on hit?

Not really, but learning to use armor moves during your opponent's strings can really help.

Rolling through the story and I like how creepy Quan Chi is and looks, hopefully they go that route in the movie (I strongly doubt they do).

Finished the story, the end went full on crazy which I liked. Any Playstation players that want some easy wins? I'll toss out my PSN ID if anyone is down for some fun casual matches.

Mortal Kombat lost is luster to me after the first two games. I was really intrigued by the whole background of these games because it was taken somewhat seriously,and the goofy stuff was mostly optional. There was a mystery to it. The game has gone completley off the deep end into ridiculousness for the most part,and I hoped this reboot might recapture some of that magic,but its done the opposite. The tag team bullshit makes it even worse.

Back