**Official Pacquiao vs Margarito Thread**

Too many people are buying into the pre-fight hype train. Sure, this may not have been Manny's best camp but promoters do this stuff to draw more interest in the fight. People want to see a competitive fight and that's exactly what they are trying to sell you on.

I'm not buying into it though. Pac-man by KO in Round 6. Margarito is just too slow and plodding.

Some of you MMA fans will be very surprised by how well Margarito does.

Don't see him as a 4-1 underdog, ridiculous odds. I would not have even entertained the idea of Pac fighting Margarito two years ago and now Pac's a 3-1 favourite?

Pac - Speed, Power, Reflexes
Marg - Strength, Chin, Height, Reach, Stamina

Speed is great and all but Pac may be giving up too much, Cotto wouldn't stand toe to toe with Marg for 10 seconds and backed up throughout, Pac will be forced to do the same.

I'll hold you to the "margarito doing well" concept.
he is a slow plodding journeyman who loaded the mitts ,got caught and all his limitations were displayed without the loaded mitts in the preceding events.

Margs opponents suffered some very unusual injuries indeed in the past.
Like clottey having his weaker hand broken because his high guard was pounded by margs concrete wraps for the whole fight. Sebastian Lujan having his ear torn in half.
etc etc

Margo will eat about 7 rounds of punishment and then call it a night.

I'll hold you to the "margarito doing well" concept.
he is a slow plodding journeyman who loaded the mitts ,got caught and all his limitations were displayed without the loaded mitts in the preceding events.

Margs opponents suffered some very unusual injuries indeed in the past.
Like clottey having his weaker hand broken because his high guard was pounded by margs concrete wraps for the whole fight. Sebastian Lujan having his ear torn in half.
etc etc

Margo will eat about 7 rounds of punishment and then call it a night.

Journeyman? I don't think so. Maybe you're just trying to degrade him as much as you possibly can but no way is he a journeyman.

There is no evidence of him loading his gloves in any fights besides the Mosley fight.

Margarito in Texas

Margarito_Fort_Worth_workout_101107_003a.jpg

Margarito_Rally_101107_001a.jpg

Margarito_Fort_Worth_workout_101107_001a.jpg

Margarito_Fort_Worth_workout_101107_002a.jpg

Now Margaritos loaded wraps are being blamed for people breaking their hands? ffs :rolleyes:

Speed is great and all but Pac may be giving up too much, Cotto wouldn't stand toe to toe with Marg for 10 seconds and backed up throughout, Pac will be forced to do the same.

1. Pacquiao is a much better fighter than Miguel Cotto. Pacquiao's game plan won't be to stand and trade with Margarito (although I expect at some point he will). It will be to use his speed to dart in and out and side to side with combinations, so Margarito keeps turning and never gets set to do any damage.

2. Margarito is a much bigger man, but does not use his size advantage in a way that neutralizes Pacquiao's significant speed advantage (i.e. jabbing or cutting of the ring). The guy is gonna be following Manny all night and will get popped any time he tries to do anything.

Margarito looked like Slowpoke Rodriguez in the first 5 rounds against Cotto...he will look like a retired turtle against the Pacman.Manny has a lot better conditioning than Cotto,he's not going to tire in the middle of the fight,he has more power than Cotto,and he's about twice as fast.

If Margarito had 1-punch KO power,this match-up would have been intriguing...this way the only question is,when will the referee show mercy and stop the fight.

I think Manny will win, don't get me wrong. But people are writing off Margarito far too easily, I give Pac a 70% shot of winning. Pac is not overrated and deserves every accolade he's been given so far but Margarito is a hell of a lot bigger than Cotto and even bigger than Clottey, add in the fact that he actually throws punches and has seemingly endless stamina (even surpassing Manny even), now that presents a much bigger problem than tortoise Clottey. Cotto is a far, far better boxer than Marg but his resistance has been broken in numerous fights, Marg has only seriously been hurt in one fight and that's after taking hellacious shots from Shane Mosley for 10 rounds non stop. The same Shane who nearly knocked Mayweather out with one big right hand.

Margacheato with no plaster of paris? We'll see if he can take Pacman's thunder. If Margacheato can take pacman's best shots, he can win via decision. with no plaster though, i think him winning by ko is a very remote possibility, short of a body blow ko, which is what garcia said the plan was in 24/7

Either way this is pacman's fight to lose, I would place my bet on pacman via lopsided decision, i dont think he has the power to ko margacheato

I also noticed Manny's arms looking more ripped than usual.

lol what happened to all the news about the pacman being distracted and all that shiznit?!?!:icon_chee

That's the usual pre-fight hype from 24/7. Manny takes this.

The betting odd is quite tempting though. I think am gonna bet on Margacheato.

Early, expect both guys to trade a bit. Mid to late rounds, I believe we see Pacquiao-Margarito starting to look a lot like Pacquiao-DLH. Key to the fight is gonna be that lead left Pacquiao throws and the work Pac can put into the body. He has to make Margarito flinch at the thought of getting clipped by that lead left, effectively turning him into a counter puncher and not an aggressive stalker which hes been throughout his career. Then when he has Margarito's guard up, look to pepper the body with shots to effectively make Margarito slow down his work rate.

I have Pacquiao by decision, but this will be a very tough fight for him, especially early on when he tries to gain Margarito's respect with his power.

Pacquiao takes this by wide enough decision IMO. I will go for 118-110 / 117-111 on the cards.

Back