Official Professional Wrestling Discussion:

Status
Not open for further replies.
MIKEMCCANN said:
Erm... I want to discuss wrestling AND insult everyone, can I still play?

This was the first Mania I can remember that didn't feel like a Mania.

Wretling bores the shit outta me nowadays, I prefer just watching my old tapes from the mid 90's. Y'know, back when it was all real....

I'm with ya. This Mania reminds me of the first Christmas that I didn't believe in Santa or the Superbowl where the Raiders got tooled by the Bucs. Just a huge letdown on a big day.

I've been living on older DVD footage. Yes, it was real back then! Just a few years ago, too, with Stone Cold in his prime.

But last night wasn't horrible, always interesting hearing European crowds start actual cool chants. Super Crazy was over, they hated Cena and the Santino angle was fun.

yakamashi-va said:
thanks for the concern baby....but i'm ok. i'm not at VT, i'm in grad school at VCU in richmond, va. i know a some people that go to VT tho. a friend of mine was in the dorm where the guy started shooting. not sure if this has come out to the press but she said that he shot his girlfriend first and then went out to shoot others.....very sad.

Good to hear from you. The gunman was a fucking psycho.

I don't understand the whole Santino thing. Nice to pop the crowd and all, but is he going to come back and defend the belt now? Are they going to put him through training sessions with Lashley like when "fan" Steve Blackman came out of the crowd? Just odd booking there.

good to know yama. we gotta look out for each other in the wrestling discussion, we're a withering breed.

speaking of Steve Blackman, I'm sure all you misc. wrestling info gurus probably already know, but he's actually running his own MMA gym in Harrisburg nowadays.

Seattle MMA Fan said:
I don't understand the whole Santino thing. Nice to pop the crowd and all, but is he going to come back and defend the belt now? Are they going to put him through training sessions with Lashley like when "fan" Steve Blackman came out of the crowd? Just odd booking there.

I forgot they used the fan angle with Blackman. I can still remember them doing it with Earthquake though.

santino is ovw wrestler boris aliexiev the one jim cornette slapped

yakamashi-va said:
i think i may go to this event.....if i do, then i'll give you guys a synopsis of how it went.

i've never been to a pro wrestling event that wasn't wwf/e

http://www.uwfusa.com/042007.asp
you will love seeing team macktion on the card

Oh lordy, the AP reported that Seung Cho, the V-Tech shooter liked to watch Friday Night Smackdown. That is something the WWE and wrestling fans did not need to know.

White Snake said:
Oh lordy, the AP reported that Seung Cho, the V-Tech shooter liked to watch Friday Night Smackdown. That is something the WWE and wrestling fans did not need to know.
and so do millions of others who would never do some bull like that i hate the media

sylaxRKO said:
and so do millions of others who would never do some bull like that i hate the media

They also blamed the shooting on him being Asian, conveniently forgetting about the type of people who perpetrated the dozens of other school shootings preceding it.

i don't think that i'm going to that uwf event in richmond....i can't find anyone to go with. and i didn't wanna go by myself.

and whats up with austin starr being suspended? does anyone have any info on that?

Goodness, I might be starting a job Monday since getting laid off early January. If that happens, I guess I'll start posting here regularly again.

But, shit, I just got overzealous when it came to spending my tax money on WWE DVDs. Was hoping to have all-day slack fests watching some good wrassling. Oh, I'll miss the Big Lebowski life.

yakamashi-va said:
and whats up with austin starr being suspended? does anyone have any info on that?
this is second suspension from tna i doubt he will come back this time

The Elemental O said:
I personally prefer Japanese strong style matches like the ones in NOAH and NJPW but I also like ROH, I think Brian Danielson would make a good MMA fighter with submission and strike background.

Thank god for the Fight Network.

They have ROH on every day and NOAH wednesday nights right before K-1....

Dave Meltzer posts on Sherdog occasionally, correct? Does he ever post about wrestling?

I've only just noticed the WWE Alumni section on the website, so far it only have 4 profiles in there, Chris Jericho, Lita, The Rock and Trish Stratus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back