Official Professional Wrestling Discussion:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, all 4 people who have left to persue careers in another area of media...oviously theyr'e not trying to cash in on cross market appeal...

This New Japan has been very good. The match last week between Nagata & Tanahashi for the title was awesome. Match of the year contender and Mr IWGP Yuji Nagata got the gold back round his waist.

All Japan is ok but need to do something about the Triple Crown. Minoru Suzuki doesnt have much challengers.

The Jnr Division is awesome and the champ nakajima may just turn out to be the greatest ever. No joke. Only 19 been wrestling since 15 and if he manages to stay healthy its scary to think how good he will be.

Noah is solid, However the HW Division really needs Kobashi. Hopefully he will be back later this year.

I can watch some ROH but Japan is all i watch as I cant stand any of that WWE/TNA Crap. Thats 'sports entertainment' and doesnt interest me at all. TNA is the worst though. That is pure garbage!! If u are sick of that and want to see some real gems. Look at trying to find matches from All Japan between 1990 - 1994. This was the peak of pro-wrestling. I dont see this era being beaten for quality. The main events were off the chain. Jumbo, Hansen, Misawa, Kawada, Kobashi, Steve Williams, Gordy. The amount of ****+ matches in that period is insane.

puroresu boy said:
Look at trying to find matches from All Japan between 1990 - 1994. This was the peak of pro-wrestling. I dont see this era being beaten for quality. The main events were off the chain. Jumbo, Hansen, Misawa, Kawada, Kobashi, Steve Williams, Gordy. The amount of ****+ matches in that period is insane.

QFT.

asuop said:
Dave Meltzer posts on Sherdog occasionally, correct? Does he ever post about wrestling?

I never heard anything about him posting here.

You guys keep your shit together. I just learned today that a Sherdog Admin enjoys reading the Pro Wrestling thread-series and as long as I've been Modding I've never known that. lol

Props to JBL for mentioning these guys on Smackdown during the Tag Title match:

thesimpsons.jpg

Damn, Abyss got the shit beat out of him on TNA Thursday night. I hope that poor guy gets paid well. He's looking like Sabu more and more.

psychomikex said:
Damn, Abyss got the shit beat out of him on TNA Thursday night. I hope that poor guy gets paid well. He's looking like Sabu more and more.

yea i saw that...that was a serious beatdown!!!!! he was gushing blood.

this better be the culmination of a huge push.

He's arguably one of the best guys on their roster. Not because of his in-ring, which is alright...not great, but because of his work-ethic and the shit he's willing to do to get an angle over.

King Kabuki said:
He's arguably one of the best guys on their roster. Not because of his in-ring, which is alright...not great, but because of his work-ethic and the shit he's willing to do to get an angle over.

I certainly agree. Abyss is constantly overlooked as one of their key pieces on the roster. I think it would be a huge loss for them if he ever did sign with WWE.

You guys keep your shit together. I just learned today that a Sherdog Admin enjoys reading the Pro Wrestling thread-series and as long as I've been Modding I've never known that. lol

You know we'll be holding it down in here. After all, this thread contains some of the most intelligent discussion on the forum and even newbs have stopped by to ask simple questions since they know we wont flame em, LOL.

puroresu boy said:
This New Japan has been very good. The match last week between Nagata & Tanahashi for the title was awesome. Match of the year contender and Mr IWGP Yuji Nagata got the gold back round his waist.

All Japan is ok but need to do something about the Triple Crown. Minoru Suzuki doesnt have much challengers.

The Jnr Division is awesome and the champ nakajima may just turn out to be the greatest ever. No joke. Only 19 been wrestling since 15 and if he manages to stay healthy its scary to think how good he will be.

Noah is solid, However the HW Division really needs Kobashi. Hopefully he will be back later this year.

I can watch some ROH but Japan is all i watch as I cant stand any of that WWE/TNA Crap. Thats 'sports entertainment' and doesnt interest me at all. TNA is the worst though. That is pure garbage!! If u are sick of that and want to see some real gems. Look at trying to find matches from All Japan between 1990 - 1994. This was the peak of pro-wrestling. I dont see this era being beaten for quality. The main events were off the chain. Jumbo, Hansen, Misawa, Kawada, Kobashi, Steve Williams, Gordy. The amount of ****+ matches in that period is insane.

can you tell me where you can find puroresu's video on the web ?thx

Haven't posted in this thread in a LONG time, but was just wondering if anyone had bought the Wrestling Stars of the 80's DVD and if it was any good.

Always wondered about the Self Destruction of the Warrior and Pick Your Poison as well, though I think Beyond the Mat told most ofthe story regarding Jake Roberts

The Ultimate Warrior is a must have, whether youre a fan or not. The Stars of the 80s is good for brief documentaries on guys like JYD, Bob Orton, Ricky Steamboat you wont find anywhere else.

King Kabuki said:

Props to JBL for mentioning these guys on Smackdown during the Tag Title match:
i love hearing jbl on commentary he has gives great insight into the business and recognizes the history of the business like no other annoucer today

Does anybody notice the Condemned is really an unofficial remake of Battle Royale and the official remake of that movie is coming out next year?

Just watched the documentary off the Horsemen DVD. It was damn good. They even talk to Paul Roma. I'd forgotten he somehow managed Horseman status.

Didn't the "elite" 4 HM have somewhere around 14 members? That's more "members" than Missy Hyatt on a slow Sunday.

MIKEMCCANN said:
Didn't the "elite" 4 HM have somewhere around 14 members? That's more "members" than Missy Hyatt on a slow Sunday.

There were more than I realised. Ole, Flair, Tully, Arn, Benoit, Pillman, Malenko, Mongo, Jarrett, Roma, Sting, Luger, Windham, Big Sid Scissors, and Hennig if I've got them all. Oh, JJ Dillon as well. That makes 15 plus a manager.

Francis Rossi said:
There were more than I realised. Ole, Flair, Tully, Arn, Benoit, Pillman, Malenko, Mongo, Jarrett, Roma, Sting, Luger, Windham, Big Sid Scissors, and Hennig if I've got them all. Oh, JJ Dillon as well. That makes 15 plus a manager.
I thought all of those worked except Jarret, Pillman, and especially Roma. That was a low point.

I think Pillman could have been great with them, it just wasn't his time. That and the mental issues he was going through at the time just didn't fit.

Roma was just sad. That should have NEVER happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back