PlayStation Official PS | PS Studios Megathread, v.4

If PS5 Pro grapevine proves real, will you be upgrading in 2024?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The one thing that has been annoying me is the price of PS Plus. You can't find any discounts anymore and I am going to be bitching about this incessantly. $80 for PS Essential a bit steep IMO.

I was so accustomed and happy to be paying $30-36 so the sharp increase is really irking me.
Even 50-60 bucks a year is doable. 80 is a joke for basic essential who aren’t hardcore diehards.

IMG_4654.jpeg

Damn, my play time this year was way, way down from 2022 where I had like 250 hours in Elden Ring alone. 26 hours in Quake 2, 22 hours in Diablo IV and then a huge drop off to 6 hours each for spots 3-5 in my top 5.

I wonder if Nintendo keeps any stats? My guess is that my next highest after Quake 2 would be Pikmin 4 to be honest.

I'm normally a Pro adapter but I think I'm going to get a PSVR2 instead. That alone already feels like a 4th console in the house.

Z, are there any preorder perks for Ronin? @Zazen

Z, are there any preorder perks for Ronin? @Zazen

Some early in game unlocks plus other bits

Rise-of-the-Ronin-Digital-Deluxe-Edition.jpg

Screenshot_20231214-081527~2.png

My most played game was my wife on Hogwarts. Surprised because she's not a gamer, but loves the Harry Potter universe. Get to take credit for those sweet sweet trophies. Should probably peer pressure her to get the Plat.

Got a lot of Xbox time in there too with Remnant II, and would guess it probably beats the wife's time with Hogwarts.

View attachment 1016864

My most played game was my wife on Hogwarts. Surprised because she's not a gamer, but loves the Harry Potter universe. Get to take credit for those sweet sweet trophies. Should probably peer pressure her to get the Plat.

Got a lot of Xbox time in there too with Remnant II, and would guess it probably beats the wife's time with Hogwarts.
How was Wild Hearts? I love Monster Hunter and thought it looked interesting but I heard they are stopping all future updates already

How was Wild Hearts? I love Monster Hunter and thought it looked interesting but I heard they are stopping all future updates already

I thought it was great, probably one of the best MH clones out there. It really felt like playing a MH game rather than a clone, but with some new mechanics.

I don't remember what the build/trap mechanics were called, but they felt really great and drastically changed the combat mechanics. The traps were really similar to what you would use in MH, but the resources could be used for mobility nodes instead to spring yourself quickly around the battlefield or launch up in the air to pull off aerial combos. You could also do combo builds for more powerful builds and traps.

The only real complaint was low monster variety. It had a decent amount, but you just end up fighting stronger variants of the same monsters in the later parts of the game. MH does similar recycle, but introduced a few endgame monsters that were unique and not just a reskin. It's a pretty minor complaint given how great the gameplay was.

Sucks they're ending support. If you're a MH fan, I would definitely give this a go, especially since it a little out of the launch window and you can probably pick it up cheap. The MP was pretty great, so would be a little concerned about active players to hunt with.

I guess the updates for the Portal are working because it's been connecting from work now without any issues at all. Seems to be a lot better now. Will probably end up keeping this thing but I'll be testing it more tomorrow when I have more free time.

View attachment 1016864

On Game Pass? It came out on Nov 30 so to beat your wife you’d have to have played 60 hours a week 2 weeks straight lol

Nah, bought at launch. Loved the first one so wanted to support the dev.

Yea the first one was such a surprise hit to me. I only played it this year and thought it was great. Closest game I could find to giving me that same feel Returnal does.

I plan to get the second one eventually but in no rush. Have so much to play right now. I also recently went through Returnal several more times again so I can wait a bit longer.

The Last of Us online has been officially cancelled but they have a new SP game coming that they are excited about

We realize many of you have been anticipating news around the project that we've been calling The Last of Us Online. There's no easy way to say this: We've made the incredibly difficult decision to stop development on that game.

We know this news will be tough for many, especially our dedicated The Last of Us Factions community, who have been following our multiplayer ambitions ardently. We're equally crushed at the studio as we were looking forward to putting it in your hands. We wanted to share with you some background of how we came to this decision.

The multiplayer team has been in pre-production with this game since we were working on The Last of Us Part II – crafting an experience we felt was unique and had tremendous potential. As the multiplayer team iterated on their concept for The Last of Us Online during this time, their vision crystalized, the gameplay got more refined and satisfying, and we were enthusiastic about the direction in which we were headed.

In ramping up to full production, the massive scope of our ambition became clear. To release and support The Last of Us Online we'd have to put all our studio resources behind supporting post launch content for years to come, severely impacting development on future single-player games. So, we had two paths in front of us: become a solely live service games studio or continue to focus on single-player narrative games that have defined Naughty Dog's heritage.
We are immensely proud of everyone at the studio that touched this project. The learnings and investments in technology from this game will carry into how we develop our projects and will be invaluable in the direction we are headed as a studio. We have more than one ambitious, brand new single player game that we're working on here at Naughty Dog, and we cannot wait to share more about what comes next when we're ready.

Until then, we're incredibly thankful to our community for your support throughout the years.

SIE personnel visit to Kojima Productions to celebrate the studio's 8th anniversary

Jeff Grubb on the recent updates on PS5 Pro Specs
Timestamped

Well I got my PSVR2 and so far not thrilled with it.

Not sure where I got the impression that all PSVR games were backwards compatible with PSVR2 but was obviously disappointed to find they weren't. I swear I read somewhere they were.

The visual experience really can be jarringly different if you don't have it dialed in. The first time I played GT7 I thought this is it? This can't possibly be it. Just looked like a less high res version of the game with eye tracking. Took a break for a while, tinkered with the headset some, dropped back in and had that holy fuck this is impressive moment.

Unfortunately I did get pretty motion sick and had to quit after 15 minutes or so. Hopefully it just takes some getting used to.

Well I got my PSVR2 and so far not thrilled with it.

Not sure where I got the impression that all PSVR games were backwards compatible with PSVR2 but was obviously disappointed to find they weren't. I swear I read somewhere they were.

The visual experience really can be jarringly different if you don't have it dialed in. The first time I played GT7 I thought this is it? This can't possibly be it. Just looked like a less high res version of the game with eye tracking. Took a break for a while, tinkered with the headset some, dropped back in and had that holy fuck this is impressive moment.

Unfortunately I did get pretty motion sick and had to quit after 15 minutes or so. Hopefully it just takes some getting used to.
Never gotten motion discomfort in my life but this is something I worry over after buying. Have you a history of any motion sickness or like – be it car, boat, plane, whatever? Or is this a first time occurrence?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back