PlayStation Official PS | PS Studios Megathread, v.5

What is your preferred background for incoming SIE CEO?

• Charismatic character/personality

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other: Specify

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Man, this pumps me up; happy to hear it. I might buy sharpish to show support and just wait to install. Thanks.
I bought too many games and normally don't like to play more than one at a time but I couldn't resist giving it a try. It's really awesome. The graphics aren't even that bad in my opinion, character models are definitely last gen but some of the environments can be impressive at times. The moving foliage is definitely the best looking part of it. It's dated visually compared to most of the games coming out now but I think the internet greatly exaggerated how bad they are.

Gameplay is fantastic of course, it's a Team Ninja game. Loving the dismemberment. I had no idea it was in this game but it's satisfying to chop off heads and limbs. Gameplay feels like a mix of Ninja Gaiden, Nioh, and Sekiro. I can't imagine someone not liking the gameplay in this if you've enjoyed all their previous titles.

Open world really respects your time which I am grateful for. You get the horse super early on and when called upon it comes running at you and you instantly jump on it's back. Always wondered why so many games force you to press an extra button to jump on it. You can also open up the world map and choose any location to have your horse automatically run in that direction so if you want to take a bathroom break you can come back and your horse will be there already. Just got the glider as well and you can even jump on your horse's back directly from that. Plenty of fast travel locations too. As I get older and have less time for long gaming sessions I really like it when devs can make me feel like I made some progression even if I only got to play 30 or 45 minutes.

Feel like this game just got a bunch of hate for its graphics but it's actually a really solid game. People that play it have mostly positive things to say about it. Reddit seems to love it and metacritic user score is at 8.6 with 1250 reviews.

All the hype for DD2 and people who bought this one seem to be the happier of the groups.

Man, this pumps me up; happy to hear it. I might buy sharpish to show support and just wait to install. Thanks.
To be completely honest, I regret picking up DD II over Ronin. There's a fun game in there somewhere but it just feels like a complete slog most of the time. You'll do a side mission or traverse a large tunnel, get to the chest and get some dinky potion. Majority of good weapons and armor are purchased and not found. I could go on, but it just isn't that great to me. It needs some work.

I'll be picking up Ronin soon though.

PS trophies on PC arrives with Ghost of Tsushima

To be completely honest, I regret picking up DD II over Ronin. There's a fun game in there somewhere but it just feels like a complete slog most of the time. You'll do a side mission or traverse a large tunnel, get to the chest and get some dinky potion. Majority of good weapons and armor are purchased and not found. I could go on, but it just isn't that great to me. It needs some work.

I'll be picking up Ronin soon though.

That honestly sounds a lot like the first game. I loved it at first because the combat is so fun. I ended up just dropping it though because eventually the rest of the game was kind of shallow. Like you said I left feeling like there was a fun game in there but it just wasn't complete.

That honestly sounds a lot like the first game. I loved it at first because the combat is so fun. I ended up just dropping it though because eventually the rest of the game was kind of shallow. Like you said I left feeling like there was a fun game in there but it just wasn't complete.
The idiotic fast travel system really hurts that game. The world is not interesting enough to constantly have to hoof it. In order for a game to be "immersive" in that regard, you have to offer up surprises around every corner to make it worth your while. With DD, you're just running around fighting the same groups of enemies over and over. You'll never turn a corner and be greeted by a random NPC offering you a meaty multi-tiered side quest to get invested in. At best, you might find an NPC that wants you to kill 10 Goblins or do some lame fetch quest shit. Doing that for 60+ hours is a big ask.

It seems like they didn't bother to correct any of that shit with the sequel. Understandable to an extent, since it built up such a devoted cult following on that blueprint, but I think the series really missed an opportunity to take it to the next level, and iron out its kinks.

Completely bizarre that everyone was told this is the game they wanted to make but couldn’t due to technological limitations only to create the same game and yet somehow arguably a worse version. Heard they removed enemies and have even less enemy variety than the original

New UI rollout for PlayStation PC:

PlayStation Launches New UI Overlay On PC For PlayStation Games:

-Friends List

-Trophies

-Settings

-In Game Voice Chat

-SHIFT + F1

-"While playing the game, you can earn PlayStation Trophies just like on PlayStation consoles. Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut on PC shares the same Trophy set as the game on PlayStation 5 consoles"

Stars rewards expand:

PlayStation Stars can now be used to get free copies of Helldivers 2 or Rise of the Ronin

Bloodborne The Old Hunters DLC and Balatro have also been added 👀

but I think the series really missed an opportunity to take it to the next level, and iron out its kinks.

Yea this is what I was expecting is something similar to the first but taking it to the next level. I mean they've had plenty of big AAA IP's released that have shown them how to do open world\quest. They choose to stick with what they did last time. Seems it sold well enough though so I doubt they change anything.

Black Myth: Wukong official PS Store game page has apparently gone live today; game launches August. Will check out shortly when I log in but let me know from your regions if any of you guys can see it. Can't believe this game is real, ha. itshappening.gif

Black Myth: Wukong official PS Store game page has apparently gone live today; game launches August. Will check out shortly when I log in but let me know from your regions if any of you guys can see it. Can't believe this game is real, ha. itshappening.gif

Its been up for a couple of days but i think people are just catching on

I’m not see it even when I type it out

Grapevine – Sony prospecting buying Paramount:

This would include IPs like Sonic, ironically Halo (TV series), and more:

• CBS Entertainment Group

• MTV Entertainment Group

• Showtime Networks

• Beverly Hills Cop

• G.I. Joe

• The Godfather

• Indiana Jones

• Mean Girls

• Minority Report

• Mission Impossible

• Spy Kids

• Star Trek

• SpongeBob SquarePants

• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

• Terminator

• Top Gun

• Transformers

Sony desperate for PSN sign ups , right now it’s 59.99 if you are a signing up again . I’m tempted but dont want to. I have to for the Remnant 2 DLC though !
Worth a year's sub for the expansion, brother. Ritualist archetype is straight wizarding woe.

Sony desperate for PSN sign ups , right now it’s 59.99 if you are a signing up again . I’m tempted but dont want to. I have to for the Remnant 2 DLC though !
Just dive in Bro

535167.jpg

No Rest for the Wicked is in early access as of a couple days ago? Anyone in?

Grapevine – Sony prospecting buying Paramount:

This would include IPs like Sonic, ironically Halo (TV series), and more:

• CBS Entertainment Group

• MTV Entertainment Group

• Showtime Networks

• Beverly Hills Cop

• G.I. Joe

• The Godfather

• Indiana Jones

• Mean Girls

• Minority Report

• Mission Impossible

• Spy Kids

• Star Trek

• SpongeBob SquarePants

• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

• Terminator

• Top Gun

• Transformers

It looks like it's more like Sony are backing the bid from Apollo and will be helping out more with the management side of things but also they are looking into bringing Legendary Entertainment into the bid also to help.

Also they can't put a bit in yet as Skydance have a month's exclusive negotiations with Paramount.

There's also another bidder with a $30bn bid too.

Will be interesting to see how stuff is divided if the deal where to go through

Back