PlayStation Official PS | PS Studios Megathread, v.5

What is your preferred background for incoming SIE CEO?

• Charismatic character/personality

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other: Specify

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Haha. Here's more on the pricing between editions:

“You buy the game and there is a mission in the game that is artificially locked, because you only paid $70. Oh my God.”

Asmongold goes off on Star Wars Outlaws for $110 and $130 pre-order versions of the game

"That is insane. $40 just to play the game early and have an extra mission and a cosmetic!” Asmongold continued

This isn't really surprising. Ubisoft has been pushing the boundaries with this sort of stuff for a while. In Ac origins I think it was you could pay $10 to level up faster. Which mattered because you could only one hit assassinate enemies your level or lower.

It’s an extra title, it’s just on the service as long as you’re subscribed but no I haven’t gotten to it. Way too many games.
Was recommending to @what-wut, brother; think you quoted in error. However, I think Leo's recommendation for Evil West far, far better. Loved that game (also on Extra) and has the linear quality he's looking for in staving off open-world fatigue.

Was recommending to @what-wut, brother; think you quoted in error. However, I think Leo's recommendation for Evil West far, far better. Loved that game (also on Extra) and has the linear quality he's looking for in staving off open-world fatigue.
Yes I think I might get evil west. regarding Moonscars, If I'm not mistaken it is like blasphemous which is not really linear since you have multiple paths.

this game was strictly linear, short but enjoyable gameplay

I kind of figured he meant 2D games, I'd like to try Evil West as well.

this game was strictly linear, short but enjoyable gameplay

Never heard of this. Is there block, parry, and riposte in this game? I'm kind of digging it but am curious over the depth of combat.

This month's Plus game Skul: Hero Slayer is linear in what I'd played and a side-scroller. @what-wut

Never heard of this. Is there block, parry, and riposte in this game? I'm kind of digging it but am curious over the depth of combat.
No riposte but after parry you have time to attack. And there is blocking as well. You have to parry according to the direction of the attack. I played it a while ago. But I remember it was fun.

No riposte but after parry you have time to attack. And there is blocking as well. You have to parry according to the direction of the attack. I played it a while ago. But I remember it was fun.
Do you remember a SEGA game from way back in the day called Golden Axe? That's what this reminds me of and why I've an immediate affinity for it. Interesting. Thanks.

I can’t be the only one thinking this looks awesome. I love when a trailer comes out of nowhere and instantly makes you want to wishlist it. Sadly it’s not available to wishlist yet so going to post here to remind myself.

Has there been any discussion of the Top 10 PS5 exclusives? Or just a Top 5?

PS4 exclusives optimized for PS5 also count.

I can’t be the only one thinking this looks awesome. I love when a trailer comes out of nowhere and instantly makes you want to wishlist it. Sadly it’s not available to wishlist yet so going to post here to remind myself.

We can help each other: I've a notepad where I shortlist out-of-nowhere titles like this or those from unfamiliar developers. Looks stylish and reminds me of Ruiner – a game I can recommend if you haven't played it.

Has there been any discussion of the Top 10 PS5 exclusives? Or just a Top 5?

PS4 exclusives optimized for PS5 also count.
DualSense immersion makes any title worth playing on the PS5, IMO. The term exclusive is squishier than it used to be. You mean amongst consoles or across platforms? Demon's Souls has my vote but I know we've in-sub Spidey fans, Returnal astronauts, Tsushima samurai, Final Fantasy adventurers, Last of Us survivors, and R&C cats. Pick your poison.

DualSense immersion makes any title worth playing on the PS5, IMO. The term exclusive is squishier than it used to be. You mean amongst consoles or across platforms? Demon's Souls has my vote but I know we've in-sub Spidey fans, Returnal astronauts, Tsushima samurai, Final Fantasy adventurers, Last of Us survivors, and R&C cats. Pick your poison.
Rise of the Ronin highly disappointing they didn’t have any immersion or theme music when you hover over the game.

With that said I just beat that game , it was epic for
Me. Thinking of trying out Rebirth or Stellar Blade.

Rise of the Ronin highly disappointing they didn’t have any immersion or theme music when you hover over the game.

With that said I just beat that game , it was epic for
Me. Thinking of trying out Rebirth or Stellar Blade.
I’ve almost bought Ronin a few times. Everyone I talked to in my circle says the same thing: Really great gameplay. It’s a cop for me but I’ve not the bug for Team Ninja right now. How many hours was your playthrough?

I’ve almost bought Ronin a few times. Everyone I talked to in my circle says the same thing: Really great gameplay. It’s a cop for me but I’ve not the bug for Team Ninja right now. How many hours was your playthrough?
Not sure . It’s addicting. I could easily go for platinum which might get me to 80-100 hours

The crazy part is that I beat it on twilight mode, and it unlocks a midnight mode which is absolutely insanely hard. I could never get that good lol

I really think you would enjoy it if you get an itch for some samurai showdown assassin combat.

Not sure . It’s addicting. I could easily go for platinum which might get me to 80-100 hours

The crazy part is that I beat it on twilight mode, and it unlocks a midnight mode which is absolutely insanely hard. I could never get that good lol

I really think you would enjoy it if you get an itch for some samurai showdown assassin combat.

Yea I want to play it eventually. There’s just so much to play right now I have no idea when I will get to it.

PS x Puma Collab

Left-side model is cool and sole design for both is hot – but right-side model ugly AF, IMO. Off-beat collab.

Back