PlayStation Official PS | PS Studios Megathread, v.5

What is your preferred background for incoming SIE CEO?

• Charismatic character/personality

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other: Specify

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Star Wars Outlaws Leaked Date: August 27th

Black Myth Wukong: August 20th

That kind of sucks, I was looking forward to trying out both. I might wait for reviews which is rare for me. Black Myth is a complete mystery to me. We never got a big console game like that from China so I have no idea whether it will be good.

Ubisoft doesn't have a good track record but it looks promising from the few gameplay segments we saw.

These are two big releases end of summer/beginning of fall. Which one are you guys picking up first?

I'm more interested in the Wukong game but like I said China never released something like this before so I'm a bit skeptical still that it will look as good as we've seen in previews.
Yeah, I thought Black Myth was going to prove vapourware, TBH, but it's real, I guess, in what case that has my attention. Massive is lead studio on Outlaws, iirc, and being a Division player with 1000s of hours in that franchise, can say the Ubi subsidiary is consistently incompetent at launch, needing sometimes in excess of Y1 even to get a balancing pass done right on in-game WPNs. Ridiculous. Overnerfs, then overbuffs, overcomplicating combat and weapon statistic systems, then overhauling everything Y2 to clean the slate, HP bloat (sponge design) for artificial difficulty inflation et cetera.

Yeah, I thought Black Myth was going to prove vapourware, TBH, but it's real, I guess, in what case that has my attention.

I thought the same thing. I pretty much didn't even pay attention to anything related to this game beyond the initial post I saw on here.

Yeah, I thought Black Myth was going to prove vapourware, TBH, but it's real, I guess, in what case that has my attention. Massive is lead studio on Outlaws, iirc, and being a Division player with 1000s of hours in that franchise, can say the Ubi subsidiary is consistently incompetent at launch, needing sometimes in excess of Y1 even to get a balancing pass done right on in-game WPNs. Ridiculous. Overnerfs, then overbuffs, overcomplicating combat and weapon statistic systems, then overhauling everything Y2 to clean the slate, HP bloat (sponge design) for artificial difficulty inflation et cetera.
Yeah black myth is the first choice for me and a big discount for Star Wars since Ubisoft drops game prices so fast. Also for reasons you stated

Yeah black myth is the first choice for me and a big discount for Star Wars since Ubisoft drops game prices so fast. Also for reasons you stated
It’s funny you mention price too because I’d just heard the pricing for Outlaws Deluxe Edition will be orbiting 130 USD? Ubi always does this for nonstandard editions and it’s just crazy out of touch, IMO. They must have data and metrics showing it works but I don’t get it.

Saber CEO (Space Marine 2 devs) said on record just the other day he thinks this gen’s 70 USD price point isn’t smart, pointing out Helldivers 2 success. 40-60 USD is a sweet spot, I’d say; he referred to that as the ‘middle market’ point, iirc.

It’s funny you mention price too because I’d just heard the pricing for Outlaws Deluxe Edition will be orbiting 130 USD? Ubi always does this for nonstandard editions and it’s just crazy out of touch, IMO. They must have data and metrics showing it works but I don’t get it.

Or its a ploy to get people to subscribe to Ubisoft+ instead

April's PS Plus Game Catalog additions

PS Extra:
Animal Well | PS5
Tales of Kenzera: Zau | PS5
Dave the Diver | PS4, PS5
Oddballers | PS4
Construction Simulator | PS4, PS5
The Crew 2 | PS4
Raji: An Ancient Epic | PS4, PS5
Lego Ninjago Movie Videogame | PS4
Nour: Play With Your Food | PS4, PS5
Deliver Us Mars | PS4, PS5
Lego Marvel's Avengers | PS4
Miasma Chronicles | PS5
Stray Blade | PS5

Animal Well will launch May 9.
Tales of Kenzera: ZAU will launch April 23.

PS Premium:
Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare (original PlayStation version) | PS4, PS5
Star Wars: Rebel Assault II: The Hidden Empire (original PlayStation version) | PS4, PS5
MediEvil (original PlayStation version) | PS4, PS5

PS Extra:
Animal Well | PS5
Oddballers | PS4
The Crew 2 | PS4
Miasma Chronicles | PS5
Stray Blade | PS5

PS Premium:
Star Wars: Rebel Assault II: The Hidden Empire (original PlayStation version) | PS4, PS5
Best month in a long time for me. Dave the Diver looks incredible and I’m also pleasantly surprised Animal Well is coming. Feels good to take a game off my wishlist, same for Tales of Kenzera. Also like to try that food game out

PS Extra:
Animal Well | PS5
Oddballers | PS4
The Crew 2 | PS4
Miasma Chronicles | PS5
Stray Blade | PS5

PS Premium:
Just went to basic this month. If they keep coming out with months like this it might convince me to come back. I just wasn’t using premium at all.

Best month in a long time for me. Dave the Diver looks incredible and I’m also pleasantly surprised Animal Well is coming. Feels good to take a game off my wishlist, same for Tales of Kenzera. Also like to try that food game out

Not gonna lie, didn't really look at the list, just saw it was there and posted it here.

Kinda burnt out on gaming for the last month or so

Not gonna lie, didn't really look at the list, just saw it was there and posted it here.

Kinda burnt out on gaming for the last month or so
It helps that I only play an hour a day and like a bunch of different genres. Hard to burnout that way

Guys I'm looking for the best straightforward linear games on the ps5 maybe even the ps4. Preferably a side scrolling game but not necessarily. A bit tired of the time consuming open world games although I'm gonna play FF7 rebirth soon lol.

@Zazen @rikwebb @Valhoven

Saber CEO (Space Marine 2 devs) said on record just the other day he thinks this gen’s 70 USD price point isn’t smart, pointing out Helldivers 2 success. 40-60 USD is a sweet spot, I’d say; he referred to that as the ‘middle market’ point, iirc.
Yeah I completely changed my mind on it. It doesn’t look like what I expected. The main character is a big turn off too. She looks so uncanny and her hair is awful.

Guys I'm looking for the best straightforward linear games on the ps5 maybe even the ps4. Preferably a side scrolling game but not necessarily. A bit tired of the time consuming open world games although I'm gonna play FF7 rebirth soon lol.

Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom, Dragons Crown, Odin Sphere, Guacamelee 1 and 2, Blasphemous 1 and 2, The Messenger, River City Girls 1 and 2, the Shantae games. Just a few off the top of my head

Did you grab Moonscars from PS Plus?

Yeah I completely changed my mind on it. It doesn’t look like what I expected. The main character is a big turn off too. She looks so uncanny and her hair is awful.
Haha. Here's more on the pricing between editions:

“You buy the game and there is a mission in the game that is artificially locked, because you only paid $70. Oh my God.”

Asmongold goes off on Star Wars Outlaws for $110 and $130 pre-order versions of the game

"That is insane. $40 just to play the game early and have an extra mission and a cosmetic!” Asmongold continued

Evil West is pretty linear as is the Uncharted Series. Little Nightmares 1 & 2, A Plagues Tale and maybe Control? For Side Scrolling Shovel Knight, however, you can choose which levels to do at some points iirc. Those are a bit harder because a lot of side scrolling games fall into the Metroidvania style and are hardly linear games. I also felt F.I.S.T. was linear in it's approach.

Did you grab Moonscars from PS Plus?
It’s an extra title, it’s just on the service as long as you’re subscribed but no I haven’t gotten to it. Way too many games.

Back