PlayStation Official PS | PS Studios Megathread, v.4

If PS5 Pro grapevine proves real, will you be upgrading in 2024?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So is this a move into mobile for broader acumen maybe on a Sony level or what's the play here – just a new revenue stream?

They had to break the bank to get their hands on Dynasty Warriors 83

PS January Sale just went live with much better offerings than earlier sales events.

MK1 looks to be orbiting 40€, Alan Wake II is 20% off as is Lies of P and AC Mirage is 30% off.

^ @The Clinch

Thanks again for the heads-up on MK1 trial. Loved the campaign I got to play – better than most movies: funny, cool, and so on. Play was crisp too. Reptile felt awesome.

PS January Sale just went live with much better offerings than earlier sales events.

MK1 looks to be orbiting 40€, Alan Wake II is 20% off as is Lies of P and AC Mirage is 30% off.

Definitely, I've added a few to the wishlist for when I'm running out of stuff to play.

Sifu
Dead Space
The Devil In Me
Boltgun
Plague Tale 2

No joke I have like 42 titles on my wishlist and a good 75% of them are on sale. Never seen a sale reach this many titles before. Probably not going to buy anything though since I still have Lords of the Fallen to get to. Think it’s about time I jump in since I’ve heard it was patched up pretty well.

Picked up Robocop. Thanks for the heads up about the sale.

Supposedly Jason Blundell and some other ex Deviation games employees are now working at SIE/PS Studios but not sure if it's a new studio or working directly for SIE

Have a feeling I’m gonna buy a bunch of crap and it’ll just sit there in my library

With that being said, opens wallet…

Interesting deviation from the norm – Ronin will feature difficulty settings, confirm producer and game director for Team Ninja:

It is obvious that Team Ninja titles are not designed to be easy to play for everyone, he said, but we wanted to make this title more accessible to a wide range of players. We have developed three distinct difficulty modes that players can choose based on their preferences. The first is’ for storytelling-oriented players, who want to live the story and play without much difficulty. Then we have an intermediate mode for players used to this kind of experience. Finally, we have a more challenging mode that fits more closely with our previous games and meets the needs of hardcore players and Souls-like fans.

Interesting deviation from the norm – Ronin will feature difficulty settings, confirm producer and game director for Team Ninja:

It is obvious that Team Ninja titles are not designed to be easy to play for everyone, he said, but we wanted to make this title more accessible to a wide range of players. We have developed three distinct difficulty modes that players can choose based on their preferences. The first is’ for storytelling-oriented players, who want to live the story and play without much difficulty. Then we have an intermediate mode for players used to this kind of experience. Finally, we have a more challenging mode that fits more closely with our previous games and meets the needs of hardcore players and Souls-like fans.

Wonder if they'll have difficulty related trophies. Seems to be something that is becoming less common.

Wonder if they'll have difficulty related trophies. Seems to be something that is becoming less common.
PS3 trophies were like that for every game. They seem to have gotten easier over time, not complaining though. I didn’t have nearly as many platinums back then, only if I really loved a game like Unchartered 2. That was one of my most enjoyable ones

I’m going to be out of the country and coming back on March 10 and at that point I’ll just be starting Rebirth. Sucks that these two games are so close together because they’re both in my top 5 most anticipated titles. I guess I’ll be playing this a few weeks later. Probably going to go for the hard mode since I loved their previous games.

Hey guys , be careful out there. Insomniac just posted a message in regards to the hack. Bunch of assholes are putting Wolverine spoilers on there. Someone already spoiled the final boss for me and some of the cast who voices the characters.

Hey guys , be careful out there. Insomniac just posted a message in regards to the hack. Bunch of assholes are putting Wolverine spoilers on there. Someone already spoiled the final boss for me and some of the cast who voices the characters.
Thanks. Sorry you had the villain spoilt. Scummy stuff.

Hopefully this boosts up the release date because 2026 is a joke if they’re already at that stage of development.

Hopefully this boosts up the release date because 2026 is a joke if they’re already at that stage of development.
Nah there’s still a ton of work to do. The gameplay still very janky, I’d rather wait for an extremely polished game without any big patches. I only saw a few moments but I could see how this is still two years away.

Top three candidates on grapevine for Ryan replacement as incoming CEO:

Shuhei Yoshida: Head of PS Indies (30 years with Sony) (From Japan)
___
Eric Lempel: Senior VP of Marketing, Sales, Ops, and User Happiness (23 years with Sony) (From USA)
___
Hermen Hulst: Head of PS Studios (22 years with Sony) (From Netherlands)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back