PlayStation Official PS | PS Studios Megathread, v.4

If PS5 Pro grapevine proves real, will you be upgrading in 2024?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top three candidates on grapevine for Ryan replacement as incoming CEO:

Shuhei Yoshida: Head of PS Indies (30 years with Sony) (From Japan)
___
Eric Lempel: Senior VP of Marketing, Sales, Ops, and User Happiness (23 years with Sony) (From USA)
___
Hermen Hulst: Head of PS Studios (22 years with Sony) (From Netherlands)
Who we want? ^

Top three candidates on grapevine for Ryan replacement as incoming CEO:

Shuhei Yoshida: Head of PS Indies (30 years with Sony) (From Japan)
___
Eric Lempel: Senior VP of Marketing, Sales, Ops, and User Happiness (23 years with Sony) (From USA)
___
Hermen Hulst: Head of PS Studios (22 years with Sony) (From Netherlands)

Won't be Herman or Shu, Eric's probably the more logical one out of the 3 as he's on the same kinda route Jim Ryan went through, pretty sure there's another possible candidate but I can't remember her name at the minute

Won't be Herman or Shu, Eric's probably the more logical one out of the 3 as he's on the same kinda route Jim Ryan went through, pretty sure there's another possible candidate but I can't remember her name at the minute
Haven’t heard anyone mention her. Throw up some background if you can when you remember.

Haven’t heard anyone mention her. Throw up some background if you can when you remember.
I could be wrong but think he’s referring to Lin Tao a senior vice president and in charge of finance among other things

I could be wrong but think he’s referring to Lin Tao a senior vice president and in charge of finance among other things
Yeah that's who I was thinking of, thanks

Thanks. Did some reading and want to share a bit with the krew.

Meet Lin Tao:

SkärmavbildLT.png

- Has been with Sony since PS2 launch (2000)

- After the PS3 era (2006), she moved over to Sony departments focusing on the mobile space

- She returned to the PlayStation brand in 2021

- Collective tenure with Sony is approaching 24 years

- Here's a recent quote of hers:

“The seeds that my team are planting now are finding those pieces that can make PlayStation an ecosystem that brings more unique and rich gaming experiences to our fans around the world,” said Lin. “It can be new technology, new business models, new creative minds, or new IPs. Collaborating with PlayStation Studios, we made several of these steps last year in the acquisitions of BluePoint Games, Housemarque, and more.”

Sales update: PS5 officially outsells the SNES. Should current pace hold, eclipsing Xbox One is next milestone after outselling this year the Series X | S by 3-to-1:

Hello sherbros, I have a question that may be a bit stupid, is PS5 currently worth the money?

The thing is I don't play that much anymore and I have a big backlog of games I still haven't played: GoW Ragnarok, Hogwarts Legacy, Resident Evil Village, Resident Evil 4, Cyberpunk, Elden Ring, AC Mirage, Horizon Forbidden West, Sekiro, Bayonetta Remastered.

Are those games so much better on PS5 that they justify spending 550$? I don't care for Demon Souls, TLOU remaster and can't say I'm so much interested in Spider Man 2. I saw GoW Ragnarok on my friend's PS5 and I can't say it blew me away.

Should I just play those games on my PS4 and wait untill there are more PS5 exclusives?

Last edited:
Hello sherbros, I have a question that may be a bit stupid, is PS5 currently worth the money?

The thing is I don't play that much anymore and I have a big backlog of games I still haven't played: GoW Ragnarok, Hogwarts Legacy, Resident Evil Village, Resident Evil 4, Cyberpunk, Elden Ring, AC Mirage, Horizon Forbidden West, Sekiro, Bayonetta Remastered.

Are those games so much better on PS5 that they justify spending 550$? I don't care for Demon Souls, TLOU remaster and can't say I'm so much interested in Spider Man 2. I saw GoW Ragnarok on my friend's PS5 and I can't say it blew me away.

Should I just play those games on my PS4 and wait untill there are more PS5 exclusives?
Honestly, if there are no real exclusives you want to play yet, just stick with the 4., so long as it is the PS4 Pro. Not like the 5 is going anywhere.

Honestly, if there are no real exclusives you want to play yet, just stick with the 4., so long as it is the PS4 Pro. Not like the 5 is going anywhere.
It's regular PS4, I think it's the second model after launch.

Lot of talk about new PS family studio in the works comprising both ex-Treyarch and ex-Deviation vets – quick bullets on the sitch and background at bottom of post:

Summary:

- Sony is rumored to be forming a new internal game studio comprised of former employees of Deviation Games, including Jason Blundell.
- The new studio's project has not been announced yet, but many speculate that it could be a shooter given Blundell's experience with the Call of Duty series.
- This move aligns with Sony's strategy to expand its media offerings and enter the live-service games market, as seen with previous acquisitions like Bungie and Firewalk Studios.

Background:

Sony could be building a new internal game studio made up of former employees of the California-based Deviation Games, according to industry leakers. Among those reportedly involved in the project is Deviation Games co-founder Jason Blundell, an ex-Treyarch producer and creative director known for his work on the Call of Duty series.

Deviation Games was founded in 2020 by Blundell and his colleague Dave Anthony following their long stints under publishing giant Activision Blizzard. The studio previously announced that it had started working on a new IP in collaboration with Sony's PlayStation brand, but the public has not heard about that partnership again, even after Blundell left Deviation Games in September last year.

Big yes on worthiness if coming from vanilla 4. You'll see QoL bumps across games of any publication year be they Sony first-party titles or otherwise. Your peripheral options will also expand with immersive, industry-leading controller and audio choices to pick from.

Lot of talk about new PS family studio in the works comprising both ex-Treyarch and ex-Deviation vets – quick bullets on the sitch and background at bottom of post:

Summary:

- Sony is rumored to be forming a new internal game studio comprised of former employees of Deviation Games, including Jason Blundell.
- The new studio's project has not been announced yet, but many speculate that it could be a shooter given Blundell's experience with the Call of Duty series.
- This move aligns with Sony's strategy to expand its media offerings and enter the live-service games market, as seen with previous acquisitions like Bungie and Firewalk Studios.

Background:

Sony could be building a new internal game studio made up of former employees of the California-based Deviation Games, according to industry leakers. Among those reportedly involved in the project is Deviation Games co-founder Jason Blundell, an ex-Treyarch producer and creative director known for his work on the Call of Duty series.

Deviation Games was founded in 2020 by Blundell and his colleague Dave Anthony following their long stints under publishing giant Activision Blizzard. The studio previously announced that it had started working on a new IP in collaboration with Sony's PlayStation brand, but the public has not heard about that partnership again, even after Blundell left Deviation Games in September last year.

Looks like people have found out there's a few Ex-Treyarch devs involved too since the news first broke out a week or so ago too

If you’re on base PS4 looking at your backlog of games you’re going to have a significantly improved experience on Cyberpunk, Horizon and Hogwarts if you play them on the PS5.

Excited for Evil West, I've considered buying that digital after passing too many times. I was about to check the year end sales but now I don't have to.

If it is a base PS4, you may want to consider upgrading. Some of those games will run like shit on it, and not just graphically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mapichtli
Back